• DTL= Disney Thug Love

Many Disney Management Heads are gone. Why?!

So now with many heads of Disney management taking off (and two imagineer's fired), we have to ask the question why? And is this a positive or negative move?
    I personally look forward to the future. Disney has introduced some good entertainment, but none of it Disney quality.

Princess and the Frog (the 45 min of it I have seen), and Tiana's Showboat Jubilee at Disneyland are the first two signs of quality I have seen in a long while, Thanks Lasseter.

But still my question haunts me, why have so many "left"?
    DTL

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Many Disney Management Heads are gone. Why?!

Iger wants to unify the Company into a single collective, with a single vision and marketing strategy. It seems that individuality is not something that is acceptable nowadays. You either get in line with the way Mr. Iger wants things to be, or you get the chop. As the old adage goes, Mr. Iger is saying, in effect, “my way, or the highway.” So what are we left with, if Mr. Iger continues to fill the Company with yes men? What do we get if all the chief Disney executives mindlessly do as they are told, with no hint of disobedience to the voice of the collective? What do we get? A unified body with a single vision for sure. But that body is bereft of emotion, spontaneity, and life. A colorless army of worker drones, toiling in mindless subservience to their master. Quite simply, the Walt Disney Company is headed toward its ultimate evolution… not as a creative force in the entertainment industry, but as an evil entity not unlike the Borg of Star Trek fame.

I am Robert Iger of Disney.
    Your life as it has been is over.
    From this time forward, you will service me.
    I will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to my own.
    Your culture will adapt to service me.

Resistance is futile.

You will be assimilated

• DTL= Disney Thug Love

Re: Many Disney Management Heads are gone. Why?!

Well I don't know about that. The concept of unifying the company in a single vision is not an evolution. Walt Disney himself ruled with an iron fist.
    And look at Lasseter, Iger isn't saying no to him coming in and shaking up the status quo.
    I think it's something else. Perhaps there just taking out the garbage, but it looks suspicious.
    DTL