Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Chernabog Admirer

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    Silent Hill
    Yup based on the games. Major spoilers to the plot can be found here. I think it sounds great. More true to the game then any of the other videogame movies so far *cough* Resident Evil*cough*
    All right! A Silent Hill movie that actually sounds like the story of one of the games rather than some prequel or alternate storyline... like Resident Evil was trying to pull.

When looking at the plot of the movie, it looks like they only changed the main character into a woman and did a name change for the little girl as well as giving her the sickly condition of a character from the second game.. I can't wait!!

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

• Dr Matronic
    hey who knows by jurrasic park 11 the dinosaurs will be drive cars and drinkin way to much coffe

• Crazy Sora Fan

haha. true, they might be. i can't wait for The War of the Worlds

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    YAY site and trailer for Red Eye!! not much on the site, but the trailer is so deceiving I LOVE IT!
    Ohhhh that looks a might interesting! And I LOVE Wes Craven!! You rock Fair Hector

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned this -

"Snakes on a Plane"
    On board a flight over the Pacific Ocean, an assassin, bent on killing a passenger who's a witness in protective custody,
    lets loose a crate full of deadly snakes.

And Samuel L Jackson has just signed on - what's not to love?
    haha, that reminds me of a skit that was on Saturday Night Live years ago. But it was titled, "when cobras attack", it was about a cobra let loose onto a plane.

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by girl anachronism
    haha, that reminds me of a skit that was on Saturday Night Live years ago. But it was titled, "when cobras attack", it was about a cobra let loose onto a plane.
    Can you believe they've changed the title to "Flight 121"?
    How lame is that?! Who knows what you're going to get from a flick called "Flight 121"?

Stick with "Snakes On A Plane" and extend the thinking across some more films -

Cinderella Man becomes "Man Overcomes Depression By Punching Other Men"
    Cursed becomes "Werewolf Metaphor"
    Sahara becomes "Sweaty Explorer Saves Africa"
    Be Cool becomes "Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Cast" and so on...
    Last edited by PeaJay18; 04-01-2005 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Spelling, of course!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Why do you keep talking?

^They've been Ashcrofted!!
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Diamond In The Rough

:confused:
    Is this a private joke, or another cultural misunderstanding?
    Help a Limey out!

• Why do you keep talking?

John Ashcroft, former US Attorney General and an Uber Christian, opposed to any and pretty much everything.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Minion

Good one.

• Diamond In The Rough

John Ashcroft, former US Attorney General and an Uber Christian, opposed to any and pretty much everything.
    Thanks for the info.
    *Grabs cup of tea and browses this site to compare and contrast with this one*

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

OMG, this thread is making me WAY excited about all these movies!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- I am not a huge fan of the original, and even if I was I LOVE Burton and Depp and I think a new take on an old classic can be refreshing. I can't wait for this one.

Sin City- Holy Cajones, what a cast

The New Batman- I LOVE the batman movies- we had a tradition in my family to go to each one at Midnight on opening day.

Harry Potter- someone mentioned these, are the release dates out yet? Can't wait!

Pirates of the Carribbean!- I have high hopes for this one. I really hope they are able to pull out another Ace here.
    In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. -Michael Jackson

• Race Car Driver

OMG I have been waiting for charlie and the chocolate factory for ever and ever

Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Aeon Flux, the movie! OMG I Had no idea.

Heck Yeah
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• o Tom o

Before I started hanging out here, I spent most of my free time at work, watching the trades and rumor mills since I am a screenwriter. So here is what I have heard.

For details and information, the best sight I have found that sorts rumors and trades check out http://www.darkhorizons.com

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    The Flash (you know, the fast guy in a red suit?)
    This is actually in unconfirmed status. David Goyer is signed to write and most likely direct but Warner Bros who exclusivly holds rights to DC comics and film there in, has made it clear they have doubts after the lack luster performance of Blade III, Goyer's first major stab at directing. Ryan Reynolds is the favorite, after having previously worked with Goyer in B3. Another front runner being tossed around is Jensen Ackles best known as Lana Lang's love interest on Smallville- Jason Teague who ends his run on the show about the pubicent Superman at the end of this season.
    Batman Begins
    Cautiously optimistic, very much disappointed with costume designs I have seen thus far, but thrilled with the plot.
    The Fantastic Four
    Also very nervous, I disagreed with 75% of the casting but like Batman Begins the plot has me intrigued.
    Jurassic Park 4
    At what point does Spielberg look back with 20/20 hindsight at the horriable sequels that followed Jaws and think he might be doing the same thing again.
    Tron (remake)
    Pirates of the Caribbean II & III
    Very much optimistic and excited to see where this series heads. See also the tail after the credits for clues to the direction of the next two films.
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (remake)
    I am extremly exciting, the casting is brillant, the art direction looks steller and the director is one of my favorites. I am thrilled that this will follow the book much more closly and feature the music of Danny Elfman.
    War of the Worlds
    I am extremly disappointed this is being set in modern times. The book and time period of the original are far more captivating. I think I will see it but I would rather regal myself with old Mercury Theatre recordings of Orson Well's infamous radio teleplay of this true classic.
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    I know very little about the book or the film but was excited to see puppets instead of CGI in the trailer. I will be trying to read this before going to see it.
    The Transformers (yep, I said it, AND it's being directed by Steven Spielberg!!)
    I'd be curious to see where this information came from. From all that I have read, this is not true. I do believe Dreamworks is involved in a limited capacity and it will be a CGI film, much like the preposed new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle films might be.

There are a few more superhero flicks coming out including
    Ghost Rider
    Still in massive pre-production and I have not seen any confirmations on the casting.
    Silver Surfer
    This is the very first I have heard of this.
    Spawn (although it is still in development)
    Todd McFarlene is actually launching a brand new cartoon series first and was interviewed recently saying he hopes the show will become a launching platform for a film, (but very different than last which nearly ruined Martin Sheen.)

After the success of Spider-Man 2, studios are beginning to see that a comic book movie with a good plot, great special effects, and attention to detail, can make for lots of $$$
    It was confirmed this week that the Spiderman villan for Spiderman 3 will in fact be Sideway's star Thomas Hayden Church who will play the classic Spidey villan Sandman. For those of you unfamilar with Sandman, a criminal who hides away in a miltary bunker in the desert is fused with the sand when a nuclear weapon is dropped on his posistion. He gains the ability to shape shift and becomes an unstabble favorite villain for Toby, I mean Peter, I mean our friendly neighborhood Spiderman.
    All I care about is seeing Venom and or Carnage in the next Spider-Man movie. I would die... Best freaking villians in comic book history!!!!!
    Also the Avi Arid (head of Marvel) and the producers of the X-men 3 have confirmed the Phoniex aka the former Miss Jean Grey will in fact be a major character in the next film but not the main plot.

Wonder Woman is also in pre-production phase at WB with Joss Whedon signed on to direct. Joss was the brains behind Buffy so we might see Sarah Michelle Geller dawn the red, blue and gold of the Amazon warrior or even Charisma Carpenter, but no lead has been nailed down yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast