Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Toy Story - The Musical to replace Aladdin at DCA's Hyperion Theater in 2011

What gets me is this is a Musical and the only beef with Pixar is they don't have many songs in the movies. I guess we get to hear "You've got a friend in me" 10 times with a "I will go sailing no more" splashed in there.

Odd choice and I think this is the biggest indication that Pixar is going to get almost all the attention with new rides and shows.

Re: Toy Story - The Musical to replace Aladdin at DCA's Hyperion Theater in 2011

Will try to do a little more recon, but I did see the Scenic design model being worked on by Scenic Designer Robert Brill...

But It is a new show,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

I knew that it! Disney, if you want to remove Alladdin, put it on the Real Broadway (the same goes for Snow White the Musical!)

Timekeeper

• Imaginative Possibilities

Well seeing how the cat is now out of the bag, I can say this...while at the hyperion one day, I saw the Imagineers with resort heads talking about the upcoming toy story installation. During their little meting, they had picture boards and wht not showing what the Theatre is to look like once the installation is complete. Keep in mind given a budget some may not come to fruition.

1) RC the car will take his place at the roped off illusion of Hollywood Blvd, allowing for another photo op.
    2) The characters will appear all over the Hyperion Sign in the front entrance Decorated every which way, with Buzz standing tall on top. Yeah on the very top.
    3) The actual Queue itself is to resemble something like the line of Toy Story Mania in Florida, like a massive toy box.

The interiors plans they did not show, but I'm sure it would look just as TOYish. Probably will resemble Andy's Room or I dont know.
    In any case I really do disagree with this move, but understand it none the less, especially with TS3 opening next year. I wish they would have used Mulan personally or even Jungle Book, but whatever TS sells. So this what is to come like it dont like it...its going to happen....
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Saw the Toy Story show on the Disney Wonder last year. here are a few pictures.
    Might be the same show.
    http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/wb6uce/toy.html

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

Here are some pictures I took when I saw the show on the Wonder this summer. There are also some clips of the songs I've found online. I didn't take the video clips. Only the pictures.

Pictures of Toy Story the Musical
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Loved the Aladdin show when I saw it a couple of years ago, although I don't recall Toy Story being a musical film in the same way Aladdin was. Does have some great tunes, but not sure if they will translate as well. I look forward to it for the next time I get to DCA (which will probably be around 2011 at this rate)!
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Saving AMS

well. Aladdin A Musical Spectacular is the best part of a disneyland trip for me. being a theatre person, i love all the sets and the way everything works. i watched a few videos of the toystory musical on youtube, and i have to say it is not even close to what aladdin has. with aladdin, the genie can keep up with topical humor and be funny. in toystory the musical, its really just serious. they just took the movie and put songs in the place of diolague basically. there is a group on facebook that i suggest you join if you really love this show like it do. here is the link: Login | Facebook . please if you love this show become a member. im going to see this show as many times as i can before it closes in august

• Cars Land Rocks!

I like the Aladdin show, and while I miss it, I'd be happy with a show that is a good replacement ... I can't see Toy Story being that show. DLR resort has enough Toy Story already. I have not seen the Nemo show at Disney's Animal Kingdom, but from what I hear it is good, and as much as I don't want to see anything else with Nemo, Toy Story or Monsters Inc. in the title, I think I'd rather see that here.

• DTL= Disney Thug Love

Not a huge fan of the oddly proportioned Buzz and Woody, the actors heads are not the same size ratio as the costumes. Hopefully it's fixed.

As far as the show itself goes, I know they are putting way more money and time behind this than the one on the Wonder. In fact, the backdrop of the show at the Hyperion is supposedly largely an LCD screen from what I hear.

Time will tell I suppose, but I much prefer to see another Menkin musical in there rather than a Newman. *sigh*
    DTL

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I'm still not enthusiatic about this at all. Why? Aladdin is a great show.

• Saving AMS

i love this show to death. i was so appauled when i heard that they were replacing it. aladdin has so much more variety that can keep up with pop culture. toy story the musical SUCKS. ive seen multiple videos of this show and it is so boreing. ya the kids will like to see the larger than life toys but thats it. AMS is the better show bar none and disney is making a terrible move of replacing AMS. if this decision goes through, which i think it has, i hope that russ marchand and lance roberts have some part in the new show, they are the best genie and jafar duo. please if you want to save this show, i found a group on facebook (if you have one) that is trying to save it. here is the link Disney's World of Color | Facebook please join and try to show disney just how many fans AMS has
    thelightsguy.deviantart.com
    twitter.com/DLRaddict

• Saving AMS

i guess i have already posted a reply to this thread once. sorry
    thelightsguy.deviantart.com
    twitter.com/DLRaddict

What?! No! I never even got to see the Aladdin show! Don't get me wrong, I love Toy Story, but why? Aladdin is much more of a classic!

• My turn

I am really sad to see it go. I loved it. Everyone I know loved it. Even my parents who are sick of Disneyland always recommend going to see it. I always loved that with the Genie's ad-lib, it was never the same show twice.

I think I speak for everyone when I say Toy Story's got some extremely big shoes to fill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast