Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Toy Story - The Musical to replace Aladdin at DCA's Hyperion Theater in 2011

The Disney Blogs has released the following news

Announcement: ?Toy Story ?The Musical? Coming to Disney?s California Adventure Park Early 2011 Disney Parks Blog

“Toy Story – The Musical” will take over Hyperion Theatre in Disney’s California Adventure park in early 2011.

The characters and playful plot from the original Disney•Pixar film, Toy Story, will come to life before your eyes in this dazzling, musical stage spectacular where you’ll be treated to a unique “toys’ eye view” of life in Andy’s room. The stage show will feature larger-than-life set design, new songs, vivid projected backgrounds and elaborate costumes.

The 50-minute musical will preserve the humor and heart of the original film and will explore the true meaning of friendship as Buzz Lightyear and Woody transform from jealous adversaries to best friends with an unbreakable bond.

To make way for this exciting addition to Disney’s California Adventure park, “Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” will close August 15, 2010. If you’re visiting the Disneyland Resort this holiday season, don’t miss your chance to catch this great show.
    As noted, Aladdin will remain through the Summer of 2010.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Re: Toy Story - The Musical to replace Aladdin at DCA's Hyperion Theater in 2011

This makes me really sad I love the Aladdin show.

• formerly Gravey80

Re: Toy Story - The Musical to replace Aladdin at DCA's Hyperion Theater in 2011

I am not too happy about this. I love the Aladdin show and can't see anything else being there. Don't know how guest will react to the Toy Story Musical.
    "If you think about it, Disneyland is just a people trap set by a mouse."

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I imagine guests will love a "Toy Story" musical. The ice show version in the mid 90s was the most successful Disney on Ice show up to that point, and "Finding Nemo: The Musical" at Animal Kingdom sounded like a bad idea and it's terrific.

"Aladdin" will be missed, that's certain, but it's had a long and healthy run.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by RonNYC View Post
    I imagine guests will love a "Toy Story" musical. The ice show version in the mid 90s was the most successful Disney on Ice show up to that point, and "Finding Nemo: The Musical" at Animal Kingdom sounded like a bad idea and it's terrific.
    Yes, but we already have a preview of what this show is from the Cruise Lines.. and it's not well liked at all. You say these other things didn't sound like good ideas at first.. but were proved wrong. We'll here we already have some proof.

I would imagine they'll redo the show given the size of the venue, etc for DCA... but we've already seen attempt #1 at this show.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Does the press release make mention of who the creative staff for the new musical is? Perhaps it's a different team than the Cruise Line.

• Circle of Ancients

I only saw Aladdin once, and I didn't care for it. Maybe we will have to see it again before it's gone.

I wish they would bring BLAST back, even for just a limited run.

• Animation Domination

I have seen Aladdin probably over 40 times since it came to the Hyperion Theater. Oh, well off with the old and in with the new.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Banned User

Im not against getting a new show per say, Im against ANOTHER toy story offering at the resort. Its just too much.

Not Toy Story. I'd rather see something like The Lion King or some other Disney movie that doesn't have a ride in the park. (Or Newsies, but that's never going to happen). This move to turn the Aladdin show into Toy Story seems more like a publicity thing because of the new Toy Story movie. Maybe if it was Pixar land and not the Hollywood section. Aladdin just seems more theatrical to me than a Toy Story show.

• King of Los Angeles

Will they take that time to re-do the facade as well I wonder? 8-9 months seems like enought ime to correct their mistakes.

• MC State Comptroller

I am a huge fan of Aladdin The musical, I see it every time i go to the park. It will be very, very missed but an update is due and since The Lion King is already on Broadway, and Toy Story is one of the most popular Pixar movies and with Toy Story 3 coming out, it seems like a perfectly fine idea.

I will miss Aladdin, but in my opinion Toy Story will be a good replacement, although I agree there could be a lot of other ideas that would work as well.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by silverarrow View Post
    Not Toy Story. I'd rather see something like The Lion King or some other Disney movie that doesn't have a ride in the park. (Or Newsies, but that's never going to happen). This move to turn the Aladdin show into Toy Story seems more like a publicity thing because of the new Toy Story movie. Maybe if it was Pixar land and not the Hollywood section. Aladdin just seems more theatrical to me than a Toy Story show.
    I totally agree with you not toy story do something different! Good news Im going tomorrow night to watch Aladdin!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y3WkF_zk7w]YouTube - Toy Story the Musical - The Claw - Wonder 17[/ame]

No thank you.

• Minion

i think it will be a good change seen aladin many times never cared for it. Always though oh joy not aladin when i went with someone that never saw it. toy story sounds awsome though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast