• ...TWO BITS!

Batman Begins & Anthology Set...

Did anybody get the Batman Begins and/or Batman Anthology set yet?

I went to a Target, and the ran out of the Batman Begins Deluxe Edition. But they had plenty of single disc editions. How is the deluxe edition?

Also, how is the Batman Anthology set?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: Batman Begins & Anthology Set...

I bought the regular one from Wal-Mart yesterday. I was wondering about the delux edition as well. The single disc edition is pathetic- the only special feature is the theatrical trailer.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I bought the regular one from Wal-Mart yesterday. I was wondering about the delux edition as well. The single disc edition is pathetic- the only special feature is the theatrical trailer.
    The point of the single disc is to satisfy the customers who only want the movies WITHOUT special features. The deluxe edition is for customers (like me) who prefer to have the movie AND special features. So this way customers who onlny want the movie, don't have to pay extra for special features they will never watch. WB is doing the exact same thing for Tim Burton's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". So just be aware of what you're buying.

Dramaqueen, I hope you wanted just the movie... If you didn't and wanted the special features, I'm very sorry.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I saw the deluxe edition (or thought I did, it appeared to be two seperate DVD's in two cases, I didnt look closely enough to see what it was) From first glance, it looked like the film with another movie that I wasn't interested in. Thats what I get for being poor and shopping at Wal-Mart.

The trend I am seeing in DVD's is a bare bone's edition released with a special edition comeing a few months later. As a consumer, I have decided to wait on the special editions for movies that I really want.

It annoying really, I would much rather wait for the special edition since the basic ones I have seen are hardly worth $15 bucks. I expect the bare minimum from the bargain bin, but at $15 or $20 bucks a pop, I am beginning to feel majorly ripped off.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• ...TWO BITS!

Yeah, double dipping totally sucks. Sin City is out on DVD, but theres a special edition version coming this December. A Batman movie collection was released before this new Batman Anthology set came out. The Alien series has different box sets. The Emperor's New Groove and Tarzan just got re-released. JAWS has a 25th and a 30th Anniversay Editions. SAW just got a new uncut version. I think theres a new XXX uncut version. An Electra Director's Cut is coming. Titanic Special Edition is coming next week I think. Two "I, Robot" editions. A "Big Fish" special edition (good movie BTW). 2 "Edward Scissorhands" editions. A "Chicago" razzle-dazzle edition is approaching. "Jurassic Park Adventure" set is replacing "The Jurassic Park Triology". Personally, I like the box cover art to "Adventure" than the "Triology" set I have now. Not sure about special features in these two sets. AND THERE'S A NEW STAR WARS TRIOLOGY SET ON THE WAY.

Silly, ain't it?

Well, at least Batman Begins Deluxe Edition and a Special Edition of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" are released the same day as the singe-disc sets.

-Jurassic Park

• Happy Memories

I picked up the BB delux edition last night but haven't watched much yet. I started at Target, but my store was also sold out of the delux, but had plenty of the singles. I moved on to Circuit City instead and got what I wanted. DQ, it is 2 discs, but not 2 cases. It does come in an outer box though which contains a small comic book. i haven't done more than quickly glance at the comic. I started in on the special features disc last night. Good features, but i'm not sure I like the way you surf through them. Instead of a main menu, you scroll through an interactive comic and have to find the highlighted spots to click on. Cute, but a little annoying. It will probably be the weekend before I have time to sit through the film (though I loved it in the theater). I was also given a bonus lithograph from Circuit city, but I didn't think much of it.

• Reaver of Souls

It does sound a bit frustrating, but it is a comic book movie, after all... It's funny that BB, a darker comic movie, runs their features like that, while Spider-Man, a lighter movie, has a clean, tech-looking interface...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Circle of Ancients

Watched the movie today. Really enjoyed it.

They kind of took the Spiderman route and started in the WAY beginning which is what the Batman saga needed. NOTHING like the old Batman movies. And after the last one they really needed something new.

I did kind of miss the Danny Elfman Batman theme though. Other than that I really enjoyed it. I will be buying this one.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Got the Deluxe at Best Buy (Got a few bucks off thanks to McDonalds Best Buy bucks)

It is GREAT! Well worth it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth