Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• My cuties!

Duggars have baby #19

Duggar Baby 19: Michelle Duggar Gives Birth to Daughter, Josie Brooklyn Duggar - ABC News

Poor baby was 3 months early. I love watching their show on TLC -- they are an amazing family! Unlike John and Kate, they don't need the show to support their lifestyle; they are completely debt free.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Duggars have baby #19

Maybe this will be a lesson for the mother that her body is more than likely worn out and can't handle any more pregnancies/births.

They support their lifestyle by breeding and attracting attention in any way possible. They get funds by accepting 'donations'; by having their home declared a church and not paying property taxes; and by putting their kids on tv for the highest bidder, just like the other reality show parents.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

That's a good idea about declairing your home a church. I'm gonna do that when I get my own place cause we all know the government doesn't need anymore money.

But anyway, I didn't even know she was pregnant!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Maybe this will be a lesson for the mother that her body is more than likely worn out and can't handle any more pregnancies/births.

They support their lifestyle by breeding and attracting attention in any way possible. They get funds by accepting 'donations'; by having their home declared a church and not paying property taxes; and by putting their kids on tv for the highest bidder, just like the other reality show parents.

Amen to that...

they are the same as those two other parents....the only difference is that they don't have any marital problems (at least that we dont know of )
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• ...is busy, please hold.

You feel like they're gonna shot for #20 just for the hell of it.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Ya know. I'm usually the person most outspoken about having more than enough kids. I only have one and can't imagine how people handle more than two. But, this family...I view a little different. Their kids seem to be really thriving. And they are all very well taken care of. I have the most respect for those two parents. I've never see one even raise their voice on the show. Meanwhile, I'd be stark raving mad if I was in the same situation.

So, as long as I'm not footing the bill of raising their kids. I say, more power to them.

And congrats on the little one. My prayers are that she grows strong and healthy.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Ya know. I'm usually the person most outspoken about having more than enough kids. I only have one and can't imagine how people handle more than two. But, this family...I view a little different. Their kids seem to be really thriving. And they are all very well taken care of. I have the most respect for those two parents. I've never see one even raise their voice on the show. Meanwhile, I'd be stark raving mad if I was in the same situation.

So, as long as I'm not footing the bill of raising their kids. I say, more power to them.

And congrats on the little one. My prayers are that she grows strong and healthy.

Very true. They were debt free BEFORE their TV show. Watch their show -- they are not at all like other reality show parents.

no, they aren't. I think they are a true testament to their faith. If you can look past the 19 kids....you will see that they are loving, patient, kind, caring and responsible. They really take care of their family. And the kids all seem to love having a big family. It surprises me that not one ever says that they hate it and are unhappy. All the kids always have huge smiles, great attitudes and most say they want big families too. That's pretty impressive. I can't get my ONE kid to smile most of the time. Much less keep 19 smiling!

And it really impresses me when I see them disciplining their kids. Michelle NEVER raises her voice. I can't get my kid to listen when I'm turning blue from screaming. Michelle is always SO calm! And all the kids listen REALLY well. They respond to that quietness in her. My kid would totally ignore me.

• My cuties!

Stitchy, I see the family the same way you do. Before I watched the show I was more opposed to their lifestyle, etc. but after seeing how incredible their kids are and how Michelle NEVER yells at them, I was so impressed. They truly love all their children and see them as gifts from God. It is quite jarring to watch their show and then John and Kate's. The difference in the kids' behavior is amazing.

• Disneymom

I don't understand how some people can be judgemental. They were debt free before the show. From what I have watched they are not perfect but well organised. Who care how many kids they have, as long as they can afford them. How can anyone wish this upon them. No matter what they are like to say that about this teaching them a lesson is cruel. There are some of us who have lost a child and blame ourselves even though we know it isn't out fault. They don't deserve this to happen to them. My prayers are with them. I don't believe in their religion but that has nothing to do with them as human beings.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

They support their lifestyle primarily by living modestly (on about $5,000 a month), and by owning commercial real estate free and clear (which had nothing to do with TV). The property tax savings are modest, but honest. They operate a bona fide church there, which any American has the right to do.

Their kids seem to be growing up well, and the family has yet to reveal any meaningful character flaws, despite getting dumped on constantly by judgmental people who more often than not don't know what they are talking about.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
    Did you also call out Anthony Hopkins for not being a cannibal in real life?
    This device kills fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    Stitchy, I see the family the same way you do. Before I watched the show I was more opposed to their lifestyle, etc. but after seeing how incredible their kids are and how Michelle NEVER yells at them, I was so impressed. They truly love all their children and see them as gifts from God. It is quite jarring to watch their show and then John and Kate's. The difference in the kids' behavior is amazing.

it really is an amazing difference.

I think it's refreshing to see kids, esp teenagers who aren't concerned with their clothes.....the Duggars wear second hand. And who's main goal in life, is being who God wants them to be. Not focusing on today's culture and influences. Meaning, they are helpful to their parents, siblings and communities. They are completely unselfish. Have great attitudes, positives outlooks and are just amazing kids.

I just sit googly eyed when you see the older kids buzzing around the house, doing chores and SMILING ABOUT IT! I don't think I've ever seen one of their kids doing something with a frown on their face.

That's amazing to me. SO inspiring.

• GO DBACKS!!

I find this statement repulsive and hateful. Maybe you just don't realize that babies are born premature all the time to women of all ages. Would you make the same statement to them?

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Queen of Sarcasm

I will be honest, I had trouble swallowing this post but I couldn't bite my tongue with this sentence.

My cousin recently had a miscarriage, and she is only 26 years old. Are you trying to insinuate when a woman has a miscarriage/premature birth it is their bodies way of saying it is worn out and she shouldn't have kids? What an ignorant statement to make I think.

As for the rest of the post, I am not surprised the comments were made. Usually when someone speaks like that, they don't have any idea how false the statements are. They live frugally you can say. They buy discounted/clearance merchandise and also make their own laundry detergent and other household commodities. In fact, if you go to their website they have the recipes on many different things that you can make yourself.

They seem like really honest, down to earth people and don't deserve all the hate from people who don't know what they are talking about.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I will be honest, I had trouble swallowing this post but I couldn't bite my tongue with this sentence.

My cousin recently had a miscarriage, and she is only 26 years old. Are you trying to insinuate when a woman has a miscarriage/premature birth it is their bodies way of saying it is worn out and she shouldn't have kids? What an ignorant statement to make I think.
    I'm going of memory here, but she had been in the hospital for gall stones and the early birth had something to do with that. I'll try and find the story.

found it:
    Duggar's baby was not due until March, but TLC is reporting that Duggar went into the hospital early suffering pain from a gallstone. People magazine reported Monday that Duggar had been airlifted to a hospital in Little Rock because her gallbladder problems were causing contractions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast