Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Space Mountain Fanboy

Re: Captain EO coming back to Disneyland Feburary 2010

woot! can't wait to see this again after so many years.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Two things I'm looking forward to:

Michael Jackson in his more handsome, natural state (although I can still remember thinking how much he had changed from "Off The Wall),

Secondly, all those awesome bass guitar riffs. My favorite part of the movie!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Oh nifty. I've never seen "Captain EO" except several years ago when it aired on MTV.

Hope it opens Feb 1. My Disneyland trip is that weekend for the MC Five Year...

• FastPass n00b

What's all this "limited run" stuff? That's really what Tomorrowland needs, more dead space in an area that used to be so lively and energetic.

But, in the meantime, my gosh, I am SO happy to have the Captain back where he belongs! It's been so long, and I haven't seen him since 1994, but I will *definitely* be going to Disneyland just to see this film again. I honestly thought I'd never see Captain EO ever again the way it was meant to be seen. I've watched the full version online many times, always so sad that it would never be 3D again, but now it's back in its TRUE form!

Honestly, I wouldn't care if they left it there for the next decade as an "overlay". And if they're just going to leave the building empty anyway, Captain EO should be allowed to stay. I really hope the audience demand for this attraction is so wild that they are forced to keep it open. Not only that, it could finally open Disney's eyes to the power of nostalgia and "old" rides that they think aren't relevant anymore.

Even if it is a limited run, I just can't express how THANKFUL I am to actually have one last time to be able to say "goodbye" to it. I never got the chance as a teenager when I thought there'd be other times later, so this is kind of a bittersweet return for me.

Welcome back, my captain... you have been missed.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

• Captain

It Will Be Here To Change The World!
    The Captain Returns February 2010!

• Animation Domination

It will be here to change the world, again!!!
    "You are watching FOX"

• Guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    I also would love to see EO (for the first time), but might not be getting to the park until late 2010. Do we know how long it will stay?
    As of this time, it is unknown how long the run will last. My guess it will go through at least Spring Break. It's really going to depend on how popular it is.

• Miss Teen Scene of 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Scream162 View Post
    As of this time, it is unknown how long the run will last. My guess it will go through at least Spring Break. It's really going to depend on how popular it is.
    With the passing of Michael a lot of fans have bought his merchandise more than usual so it is going to be that fans (which there are millions of) are going to pay to see this and for dang sure going to fill more seats than Honey I Shrunk the Audience can ever fill again.

• Guilty!

^Obviously... but after 2 months how many shows do you think are actually going to fill to capacity? It's really something no one, even Disneyland management, can predict.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    ~shows a little kid watching EO~ it looks like jacksons coming right at me!
    ~then michael jackson jumps out of the screen and take the kid!~
    In all seriousness though I cant wait to see this when I can its ben years since I have seen it!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_NvTkcnU3s]YouTube - Family Guy (Captain EO)[/ame]

I'll go and watch it once, but just because I never watched it in the park. My parents don't like him and I don't like him, which is why we never saw it, but I'd like to see it how it's supposed to be and not some crappy YouTube video. Of course, I'll still cringe in my seat when I see it again, but at least it'll be in 3D. lol

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Scream162 View Post
    ^Obviously... but after 2 months how many shows do you think are actually going to fill to capacity? It's really something no one, even Disneyland management, can predict.
    It is tough to predict but management already knew HISTA didn't draw many people at all. My only concern is if Kodak is still going to sponser the theater. A bad as HISTA was it still had a coporate sponsership which is good money for Disneyland.

If EO lasts less than a year I'd be surprised. It's got a pretty big following despite its Lead Actor's polarizing personality and actions.

• Minion

I'm a bit surprised that for a board that usually criticizes Disney heavily for allowing attractions to go too long without being replaced or updated that so many people are exctied to see a 2 decades old, out of date film return. Are people just excited because they hate HISTA so much or because Michael Jackson died?

For me it's a combo of that fact that I actually liked EO back in the day and also that it's a real nostalgia boost for me. Tomorrowland in particular has great memories for me from the older days and this is a little bit of bringing back the "good ol days" for me. Now if they threw in the Peoplemover redux and put the Astro Orbitor back on top of the Peoplemover queue we'd be approaching perfection

YAY!!!! I haven't seen EO before so I'm WAAAY stoked!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast