Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Your Favorite Movies of 2009

Hotel for Dogs- I know it looked cheesy, and it was. But there's something about these types of movies where kids have big dreams to help that I really believe we should support. Plus it was cute...

Push-small indie, but a decent take on superheroes in an over saturated market.

Sunshine Cleaning-made me cry and laugh in the same scenes. Once again like movies where it shows people going out and trying to make the world, or their world, a better place.

Up- it made me cry and I think it should be required viewing for anyone over the age of 60 or anyone thinking of retiring.

Movies I wanted to love, but I couldn't:

He's Just Not That Into You- perhaps it's how I saw it and I took my service dog an then the old lady next to me got him hyper throughout the movie that it limited my actual viewing, but... I wanted to love. Didn't.

The Proposal-we saw all the funny parts in the trailer.

Twilight New Moon- I like the book. Like the wolves. Like Leah and the story of Emily, yet Kristen Stewart just... and everyone on the cast apparently learned in acting school that a serious face also is the "I have to hold a fart face."

Adventureland- I apparently hate Kristen Stewart.

Star Trek- I'm a Star Wars geek through and through.

Fanboys-funny but... could've been funnier.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Movies I wanted to love, but I couldn't:

He's Just Not That Into You- perhaps it's how I saw it and I took my service dog an then the old lady next to me got him hyper throughout the movie that it limited my actual viewing, but... I wanted to love. Didn't.

Adventureland- I apparently hate Kristen Stewart.
    I'm totally with you on both of these...and about Kristen Stewart.

I'd forgotten about Fanboys, we loved that movie!And good call on Sunshine Cleaning. Great movie.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Crazy Furry

The Good-

District 9 *Best film of 09'*- By far my favorite film of the year, this film came out of nowhere with a budget of $30 Million and proved to be the dark horse of the Summer. Great direction, acting and stunning special effects that could only be outdone by Avatar.

Trick 'r Treat *Best Horror*- In a time where most Horror films are nothing but remakes of great foregin films, Trick 'r Treat comes along and gives us a great horror anthology based around the holiday of Halloween itself. While it's not the scariest film by any means, it truly captures the spirit of Halloween and is just plain fun.

Unfortuntly Warner Brothers never gave this a theatrical release, even though it won audience choice awards at film festivals WB never gave it the reconition it deserves. This is by far a cult classic and perfect to watch whenever you want to get in the mood for Halloween.

Zombieland *Best Comedy*- While I will admit the 3rd act of this film does get a little slow, overall the film is just flat out funny. Great performences all around and this film has the funniest cameo I've seen in a long time.

UP *Best Animated film*- Pixar does it again, while the film is certainly it's "zaniest"...it's visually appealing and surprisingly deep in parts. For the record, Dug's squirrel joke is magical.

Avatar *Best Special Effects* - I will have to hand it to Cameron, the special effects for this film deserve a major DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. Seriously, the special effects are stunning. While unfortuntly the dialouge and story are not as good as the effects, the film is still worth a watch and it's the only high budgeted film that was worth watching in theaters.

Princess and The Frog- Welcome back to 2D Disney, now get out there and give us a 2D film that is justifyed to being the best one since "The Lion King".

The Bad (Though I knew it was going to be bad in the first place)-

G.I. Joe- Just one look at the trailer and I knew this was going to suck.
    Halloween 2- Since RZ's Halloween goes down as one of the worst Horror films of all time, I knew this was not going to be any better...and I was right. Sorry Rob, but the Halloween series and white trash/raw violence don't go together.

Thankfully, that was the last RZ Halloween film...and his next upcoming film looks to be more of his style, which is a good thing since I did like The Devils Rejects. On another postive note, I've been hearing the recent tracks to his upcoming "Hellbilly Deluxe 2" album and it certainly sounds like he's making a great return to music.

The truly bad (One that I had no idea it was going to suck.)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine- I have three words for this, They raped Deadpool...that is all.

WORST FILM OF 2009-

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

I deeply regret seeing the midnight screening of this, from the trailers and knowing Micheal Bay and the first film I was just expecting a straight up mindless popcorn flick.

I didn't expect a nearly 3 hour long disaster filled with off the wall humor, the most visual "twig and berries" jokes on robots, crunk stereotyping comic relief that could be considered offensive, overall P.O.S.

The film didn't know if it was trying to be a popcorn action flick or a comedy with the most muddeled line up of jokes. It was just plain bad all around and firmly proves my opinion that a popcorn flick should never be nearly three hours long.

What makes things even worse is the film was the highest grossing of the year, so Micheal Bay is going to give us a third one. People, please do humanity a favor and don't see that one. Remember, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...shame on me.

Films I'm looking forward to next year-

Alice in Wonderland
    Iron Man 2
    Tron Legacy

Films I'm looking forward to, but I don't know when they're coming out-

Zombieland 3D- It was just recently announced, and the original cast and crew are returning for it.

Gil's All Fright Diner (Dreamworks)- It was recently announced Dreamworks got the rights to do a film based off the book of the same name. I really liked the book so I'm excited about this, and I mean seriously...it has a Vampire and a Werewolf teaming up to fight Zombies!

Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom- While this won't come out till 2011, I really liked the first one so I hope this will be just as good or better.

Films I'm not excited for...period.

The A-Team remake (2010)- Seriously? A remake of this, but with no Mr. T? Forget it.

Another Amityville Horror remake (????)- There has been speculation that the same studio that did the Amityville Horror remake is going to remake it....again. If that is true, then congradulations...you just found a way to look even more pathetic by remaking a remake!
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Shifting cargo

(in no particular order):
    Up
    The Hangover
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    Inglorious Basterds
    The Princess and the Frog,
    Up in the Air (as well as this)
    Sherlock Holmes
    The Princess and the Frog
    Amelia
    The Blind Side
    Coraline
    Funny People
    Julie and Julia

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Top 3:

3. Avatar
    2. The Princess and the Frog
    1. Up

• Miss Teen Scene of 2010

My faves were
    Monsters Vs. Aliens, Funny People, and Armored.
    AND PRINCESS AND THE FROG!!!

Disappointment=Night At The Museum 2 and Hannah Montana Movie...AND TRANSGENDERS

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

There will be a lot of repeats here but here is my list:

District 9
    Up
    Star Trek
    Terminator Salvation (really wasn't disappointed)
    The Hangover
    Zombieland
    Watchmen
    Coraline

Most Underrated Movies of '09

The Invention of Lying
    Fanboys

Movies I still need to see from '09

Earth
    Moon
    The Informant!
    Up in the Air
    Where the Wild Things Are
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I liked Terminator Salvation as well, wasn't expecting much and it exceeded those expectations. I liked that it revealed some things from way back in the first movie.

We just got 9 from Netflix today, maybe we'll watch it tonight.

• Infinitized!

Hmm, come to think of it, there's still a bunch of movies I didn't see yet, but here are my favourites so far...

Gran Torino
    earth
    Star Trek
    District 9
    Angels and Demons
    Up
    Terminator Salvation
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine (ya I liked it because I'm not that familiar with the source material and the origins story)
    Public Enemies
    Inglorious Basterds
    Capitalism: A Love Story
    Law Abiding Citizen
    Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day

Good but could've been better...

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    Race to Witch Mountain

In 2010, looking forward to:

The Wolfman
    Clash of the Titans
    Iron Man 2
    The A-Team
    Toy Story 3
    Tron: Legacy
    Rapunzel
    and maybe Shrek 4

• I'm not really here

I no particular order (cause I can't really pick):
    Star Trek Been a massive Star Trek fan since an early age and this movie just nailed it. I can't really say anything well enough to cover the sheer awesomeness.
    Up It sounds cliched but Pixar has done it yet again, and they just keep getting better.
    Sherlock Holmes Wow this was a fun and just generally all around great movie. Been reading the novels since I was little and I was so glad to see much more depth to Sherlock. I loved the creative ways they brought characters from other of his cases into this one.
    District 9 - This was a surprise hit for me. Went in without a clue what it was going to be and came out rather deeply affected. While it was a fun and amazing sci-fi movie, there were much deeper social undertones to it that were a lot of fun to explore on re-watching it. One of my all time favorites.

Disappointed with:
    Terminator Salvation (tried to be expository rather than action), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (so much needless crap in there).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Animation Domination

My Top 5 of 2009

1. Avatar
    2. District 9
    3. Star Trek
    4. The Princess and the Frog
    5. Up

"You are watching FOX"

In no particular order:

UP
    Home
    District 9
    Paranormal Activity
    The Last House on the Left
    Orphan
    (although I worry about that little girl^^)
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-30-2009 at 02:24 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I like techskip's taste in movies.

My Picks from 2009:
    The Hangover
    Star Trek
    Up!
    The Fantastic Mr. Fox

My Disappointments of 2009:
    Observe and Report
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
    District 9 (everybody seems to love this movie, I just couldn't. sci-fi fan but not this movie)
    The Men Who Stare at Goats
    and.................................. Princess and the Frog (I guess my exceptions were to high or something)

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I'm totally with you on both of these...and about Kristen Stewart.

I'd forgotten about Fanboys, we loved that movie!And good call on Sunshine Cleaning. Great movie.

I liked Fanboys, but with the hotness of the male cast I wanted to love it. I did particularly enjoy the scene at Java the Hutt with Harry Knowles. That made me laugh quite hard, because I've been an aintitcoolnews fan for like 8 years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast