It's that time of the year to review the year in movies. Let's hear about your favorite movies of the year.
1) Avatar - No question about this whatsoever. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to see it again.
2) Up - Pixar does it again with this adventure movie with a heart of gold.
3) Star Trek - George Lucas ... look at what JJ Abrams did with Star Trek, erase the prequel trilogy from our collective psyche and start again!!!
4) District 9 - Extremely original, great story, great acting, great action and effects that didn't take away from the emotion of the story.
5) The Hangover - For once, a comedy movie that was absolutely worth the hype. Absolutely hilarious movie, the first truly quotable comedy since Superbad.
6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - After Order of the Phoenix, I wasn't sure that David Yates was the man for the job. But the movie was absolutely amazing.
7) (500) Days of Summer - A traditional romantic movie with a non-traditional leading character = really good movie. I thought it was well written, acted and directed. The fact that the amazingly HAWT Zoe Deschanel comes off as such a B**** makes this movie great.
I only have about 7 movies in my top-10 so far. I could put 3 "okay" movies here, but I don't want to do that. I'll wait until I see some other movies on my "must see" list before completing it.
Movies I haven't seen yet that may enter my top 10:
Inglorious Basterds (I fully expect this to)
Up in the Air (as well as this)
The Princess and the Frog
Transformers 2 - Just a steaming pile of crap. Michael Bay ... go with George Lucas, watch Avatar, Star Trek and District 9 and see that you can make an action movie with brains and heart without having to dumb-down your audience.
I honestly think that was the only movie to dissapoint me this year. All the other movies I saw that were crap (Ice Age 3, GI Joe, New Moon) I figured would be crap anyway.