Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oakland CA
    Posts
    5,713
    Blog Entries
    3

    Bus crash at WDW

    WFTV in Orlando is reporting that last Saturday night, a WDW transit bus was involved in an accident near the main gate to the Magic Kingdom.

    Several passengers were injured, but the nature and extent of the injuries has not been announced yet.

    The cause of the crash is unknown at this time.


    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,754
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    I pray that the injuries weren't serious. But as those of you who have been to WDW know, the buses aren't fun or safe.

    I just hate the WDW bus system. Not only is it an eye sore and very un-Disney, but it isn't safe. How many times have you walked around the parks all day, only to be forced onto an over packed bus back to your Disney hotel? Standing in a lurching bus as it rolls too fast around corners or dodges cars and other buses on the road isn't magical - it's dangerous.

    And what happens to all those standing people (or the unseatbelted people in seats for that matter) when the bus meets an unfortunate accident? Those people become flying projectiles, that's what. If you were driving in your own car, you'd have to wear a seat belt by law. But allowing people in a bus to sit or stand completely unrestrained is somehow ok? What a terrible system. If the law doesn't care about safety, Disney should!!!

    Disney World needs a better, safer, less polluting, and more attractive systems than buses. They have many options at their disposal (Monorails, boats, people movers, light rail, etc). People pay too much for Disney quality to be treated with such blatant disregard for safety.
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  3. #3

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    This is why we always rent a car when were at Disney. Only using the bus when it's ABSOLUTELY necessary.


  4. #4

    • Cars Land Rocks!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,612

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This is why we always rent a car when were at Disney. Only using the bus when it's ABSOLUTELY necessary.
    We have rented cars as well more often than using the transportation system on trips to WDW.





  5. #5

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,192

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    What the heck is going on with the transportation at WDW? They have problems with the monorails and now the buses. It sounds like they need to get some new people and a develop a serious plan and spend the money to back it up for dealing with transportation. This is really starting to become an embarasment and at this point if they have too many more incidents the media may seriously start asking questions.

  6. #6

    •   
    • Disneyland fan!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    85

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I pray that the injuries weren't serious. But as those of you who have been to WDW know, the buses aren't fun or safe.

    I just hate the WDW bus system. Not only is it an eye sore and very un-Disney, but it isn't safe. How many times have you walked around the parks all day, only to be forced onto an over packed bus back to your Disney hotel? Standing in a lurching bus as it rolls too fast around corners or dodges cars and other buses on the road isn't magical - it's dangerous.

    And what happens to all those standing people (or the unseatbelted people in seats for that matter) when the bus meets an unfortunate accident? Those people become flying projectiles, that's what. If you were driving in your own car, you'd have to wear a seat belt by law. But allowing people in a bus to sit or stand completely unrestrained is somehow ok? What a terrible system. If the law doesn't care about safety, Disney should!!!

    Disney World needs a better, safer, less polluting, and more attractive systems than buses. They have many options at their disposal (Monorails, boats, people movers, light rail, etc). People pay too much for Disney quality to be treated with such blatant disregard for safety.
    You go Dusty! Walt Disney World needs to greatly expand the monorail system. I've looked at Google Earth many times and I've mapped out a monorail route that connect Animal Kingdom Park and Lodge, Blizzard Beach, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Boardwalk Resort, Swan and Dolphin Resort, Yacht and Beach Club Resort, EPCOT, Typhoon Lagoon plus Downtown Disney, connecting with the existing monorail loops at a new, second TTC at the entrance to EPCOT. That Disney World doesn't expand it's monorail system is downright wrong.
    Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

  7. #7

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,192

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    Hah, funny. I just was looking at the Disney Careers website and they are looking for a new Vice President of Transportation at WDW. Should I apply? Lol.

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    I also refuse to use the buses & always rent a car while in WDW. If a goal is to keep vactioners on site, then Team Disney needs to think about this & add it into their cost equation for updating transportation.
    Being a DVC member has a huge perk with property access. I also make it point use the monorail when I can. Even as old as they are, they still give a unique future-like experience. The monorail accident was a tradgedy, but I still like my odds on them & consider them an attraction.
    There is nothing "magical" about the dirty, unsafe, crowded buses. Everything from the long wait times to the poor ride experience really deters from my valued vacation time. When I get the vacation survey after a trip I make it a point to always tell Disney managment.

  9. #9

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,204

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    Walt Disney World news is really starting to echo the news coming out of Disneyland between 1995-2005. This is not good.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    1,110

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Walt Disney World news is really starting to echo the news coming out of Disneyland between 1995-2005. This is not good.
    Too true. Quite frankly, I'm very concerned for WDW.

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,754
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Too true. Quite frankly, I'm very concerned for WDW.
    You should be concerned. Every sign is that the executive team at WDW has absolutely no concern at all for guest experience and there is reason to believe that safety may not be a concern either.

    One need only look back at the Paul Pressler days at Disneyland for an example of how quickly the spirit of a resort can be destroyed and how dangerous an executive team focused only on savings can be for public safety.

    I sure do hope we are wrong about the safety issues, but there is no longer any doubt about the cost cutting and loss of magic at Disney World.

    It doesn't look good for WDW at the moment . . . at least not with its current management team.
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,008

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    wow, sad to hear! They need to update their monorail controls, get new monorails to look as good as the ones here in Anaheim, and then get a GIANT peoplemover system to transport guests from most, if not all hotels, the Downtown Disney area, and all theme parks. Buses are tacky, and very cheap. They have the $, put it to good use, keep guests safe, and have a better look than...buses

  13. #13

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    28

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    I do have to say the magic was ruined for me a little bit when I first visited WDW and had to take these buses. They just have that feel of any city's public transportation. I just hated that I was on vacation and was reminded of my daily commute routine. When it was downpouring I was paranoied of another car smashing into our bus. I understand they have to do things more cost effective these days, but it just seemed so un Disney like to me. Hope everyone involved in the accident is okay, and I hope Disney comes up with a better way to get people around the property.

  14. #14

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    267

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    I think you will see with the new management of the parks that there will be even more cuts. There is a little battle going on between Tom and Jay to see who can squeeze out the most profits from the parks. The guy running the show is one of the people who killed WESTCOT in favor of DCA. Who slashed the budgets for Tomorrowland at Disneyland. Eisner couldn't say enough nice stuff about Tom the other day. Expect bus service to only get worse.

    Isn't it sad?

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,754
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Bus crash at WDW

    Quote Originally Posted by Mousecat View Post
    I think you will see with the new management of the parks that there will be even more cuts. There is a little battle going on between Tom and Jay to see who can squeeze out the most profits from the parks. The guy running the show is one of the people who killed WESTCOT in favor of DCA. Who slashed the budgets for Tomorrowland at Disneyland. Eisner couldn't say enough nice stuff about Tom the other day. Expect bus service to only get worse.

    Isn't it sad?
    Sad and depressing.
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. IE Crash
    By composerboy in forum The Forums
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 11:11 PM
  2. Are we going to crash again?
    By FantasyWatersDude in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
  3. Crash
    By pinkCHICLETT in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 04:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •