Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Disney Store to Open Innovative Store in Times Square (Merged)

The store on 5th Ave closed at the end of Dec.

Disney Store Innovates Times Square Retail with All-New Magical Shopping Experience Opening Fall 2010

PASADENA, Calif. - (Business Wire) Disney Store will transform an expansive retail space in the heart of New York’s Times Square into a magical state-of-the-art, interactive retail destination set to open in fall 2010. The lease signed with Vornado Realty Trust, negotiated by RCS Real Estate Advisors, and brokered by SRS Real Estate Partnerssecured the location at 1540 Broadway, between 45th and 46th Street. Inspired by Walt Disney’s legacy of creativity and innovation, the new Disney Store will celebrate Disney’s long-standing history with the city that never sleeps.

Since the debut of Walt Disney’s audio-animatronic figures at the New York World's Fair in 1964, Disney designers, architects, and engineers have utilized technology to bring new immersive experiences to the city. Continuing the legacy, Disney Store will incorporate technologically advanced displays including an interactive Disney Princess castle to serve as one of many magical centerpieces at the new Times Square location. An all-new children’s theater will feature the latest Disney entertainment, classic animation, and continue Disney’s rich tradition of storytelling.

<...>

Renovations will begin soon at the Times Square location, designed to showcase a wide assortment of products inspired by iconic Disney characters and key entertainment properties. The newly-designed Disney Store will facilitate interactive play and imagination, host children’s activities, special events, and celebrity appearances.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Store to Open Innovative Store in Times Square

I think that Steve Jobs was involved with this project as well. Amazing ideas. Sounds a lot more interesting than the traditional Disney Stores.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• The Study of Wumbo

Some of the ideas sound cool, but I hope it lives up to the World of Disney. I was very sad to hear that the old store was closing. I know I'll check it out when it opens.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

looks like it might be the old Virgin Megastore space...SO excited about this, but I also do hope it's less like a Disney Store and more like the World of Disney.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I am SO excited too!!! "wide assortment of products" gives me hope
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Choir nerd

Why did World of Disney close? How did I not hear about this?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

It just closed at the end of the year. The lease was deemed too high on 5th Avenue.

This sounds very promising. Keeping my fingers crossed that they make it as good if not better than the World of Disney!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Magical Prototype Disney Store Opens in New York's Times Square

Disney opening 'magical' Times Square store | Business Tech - CNET News

Interaxtive children's exhibits and theme park attractions will be a part of Steve Jobs' notion for a grand scale retale outlet. The Time Square store will be the pilot for renovating the entire chain of Disney Stores Worldwide over the course of the next few years. They want to use this initiol store to work out the bugs in the new concept.

The plans are to have celebrities make appearances at each of the stores in the future chain... especially when Disney needs tie-ins to new films. There will be a kids animationand stortelling theater, an interactive princess castle, and a host of kids activities and special events. The stores will primarily geared toward children and their parents.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Store to Open Innovative Store in Times Square (Merged)

Just got an email that the Roosevelt Field store on Long Island is closing for a makeover on March 12. Prepping for the new look!

• The Study of Wumbo

I took some pictures of the location while on a field trip yesterday. Shall I post them?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

•   
    • Minion

Smart.
    Check out my other blog:

• Just the Facts

Will this have the same merchandise as World of Disney, I mean will it have park items as it did before.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

It's been noted that it will be a Disney Store location, unfortunately not a World of Disney location. However, with the limited merchandise that The Disney Stores have, I can't imagine that there will be enough variety of merchandise to fill that big of a store.

What the Times Sq location will carry is still unknown since the new Imagination Park stores don't exist yet and they are supposed to carry their own new line of products. But just to note that before it was called the World of disney Store it did carry more products that the regular Disney Store didn't have such as park merchandise. The location was previously known as the a flagship Disney Store and I really didn't see much of a change in selection when changed the name to WoD. The Disney Store just didn't have enough products to fill a location of that size back then either. No word yet on the square footage of the new times Sq store but I am sure it will be larger than your typical mall store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast