Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• My prices are INSANE!

Spiderman 4 - Franchise reboot for 2012

Spiderman 4 will be a re-tooling of the series. So no Sam Rami as director and Tobey Mcguire as Peter Parker.

From Deadline Hollywood:

Mike Fleming and Nikki Finke have just confirmed that Sony Pictures decided today to reboot the Spider-Man franchise after franchise director Sam Raimi pulled out of Spider-Man 4 because he felt he couldn't make its summer release date and keep the film's creative integrity. This means that Raimi and the cast including star Tobey Maguire are out. There will be no Spider-Man 4. Instead, Mike Fleming is told, the studio will focus on a Summer 2012 reboot from a script by Jamie Vanderbilt with a new director and a new cast.
    Any thoughts on this Micechat kids?
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Seasick

Re: Spiderman 4 - Franchise reboot for 2012

Despite the sub-par third installment, Raimi et all did a very good job on the series.

Aiming for the best release date, and not the best film, doesn't bode well for the franchise. Quality superhero films do well (The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Spider-Man 2, etc.). Sub-par ones such as Fantastic Four 2, not so much.

When you have a winning formula (director, writer, star), why risk it in order to make the movie sooner? Take your time and reap the rewards.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

They don't care about that. Just money. Money blinds people from reality. Money is like the equivalent of a stupid pill.

• Infinitized!

Spiderman Begins?

Raimi's 2 was good, 3 was not so great, 1 was ok. I wonder who they're going to get to direct. Tobey was ok, but at times I found him a little annoying along with James Franco. I did like Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin - good choice. Alfred Molina was a nice surprise as Doc Oc. I thought Topher Grace was a little annoying as Venom.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Any thoughts?

Yes. There is absolutely no need to reboot, especially so soon. That means this film is going to be an origin story *yawn yawn yawn*. Is the general movie going audience really going to flock to that? Then again, Revenge of the Fallen pulled in a lot of money so who knows?

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly, I wasn't overly impressed with any of the Spiderman movies. They were good, not great.

• Golden State of Mind

Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Minion

My response..... there is new news and rumors coming out every month it seems like about this movie. I wouldn't believe anything you read until it gets closer to 2011 - 2012. I will bet that by tomorrow and a definite release date of Spidey 4, there will be a lot more rumors and news coming out!!!

But I don't know about anyone else on this but as for me, I'm already at the point where I'm saying if there's no Toby McGuire or Sam Raimi directing in Spidey 4... then don't even bother making a 4th. That's like making another X-Men movie and not casting Hugh Jackmen as Wolverine. Or making the next Batman movie and not casting Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. Or making another Pirates after the 4th and not casting Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Or making Iron Man 3 and not casting RDJ as Tony Stark. My point I'm trying to make is certain actors/actresses make certain roles there own like the above mentioned (and many many more) and that goes for Toby. Toby is Peter Parker, and if there's no Toby then there's no Spiderman.
    Last edited by disneyDragon923; 01-12-2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    There's some great reasons listed in here.

For the past couple of weeks there seemed to be more rumors/leaks come out about Raimi and the studio at odds over the villains for SM4. This new development of a reboot screams that Sony tried to make Raimi blink and he didn't. He just got up and said, "Bye," which if all the rumors are true, I'm happy he walked. By comparison, Warner Bros seems to be treating Christopher Nolan like a god and giving him all the space that he wants and needs. Either that, or they've got much better rumor control than Sony does. In any case, WB and Nolan seem to have it right!

I wonder if Marvel had any negative involvement with the Raimi-Sony split. They've got a pretty aggressive schedule too with their slate of films, and Jon Favreau complained a bit too about timing when they locked in Iron Man 2's release date right away, didn't he?

• Minion

FOX 11 News here in LA just did a news story that said that Raimi, McGuire & Dunst are all gone and Spiderman 4 isn't happening. They said they tried to work with Raimi and re-wrote the script 3 different times and Raimi just didn't like it so Raimi walked. They then confirmed the Spider-man reboot with Peter Parker and going back to his High School days.

Now that I know that this is all true, my response on the Spiderman reboot..... DON'T DO IT!!! That would be like Disney deciding that after the next Pirates, they're going to ditch Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp and reboot Pirates. That would be one of the worst ideas ever because the material is still fresh and it's still good. The same goes for Spider-Man. But I think Mavericks link on "15 reasons rebooting Spider-Man is a bad idea" says it all!!!
    Last edited by disneyDragon923; 01-12-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

• Infinitized!

I think they should reboot Daredevil first, before rebooting Spiderman.

• Hall Of Promise

Fox is already said to be rebooting Fantastic 4, and it has been heavily believed that WB has decided to reboot Superman. Now Sony is rebooting Spider-man. Is this all because Christopher Nolan was extremely successful in rebooting Batman?

This all reminds me of when Pixar released hit after hit out the gate, just about all animation studios and distributors felt it was needed to switch to CG animation in order to be successful. A bit of Deja vu.

I was never really a big fan of the Spider-man movies. I just did like the style all that much. I loved the way Nolan brought Batman to life. It's believable, realistic, and full of character, story, and even drama. Spider-man, to me, was more about style, quick lines, and more style. Not my taste.

The news about Spider-man getting a reboot doesn't really affect me all that much. However, I do think it is a little strange. I believe reboots should come many years after the first attempt or series of attempts. I already feel that if this is successful but ends rather dull, I could see another reboot or two of Spider-man in my own lifetime. I think there should be a rule that we should only see one reboot in a single lifetime. So all I can do now and slap my forehead and sigh.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
    My response..... there is new news and rumors coming out every month it seems like about this movie. I wouldn't believe anything you read until it gets closer to 2011 - 2012. I will bet that by tomorrow and a definite release date of Spidey 4, there will be a lot more rumors and news coming out!!!

But I don't know about anyone else on this but as for me, I'm already at the point where I'm saying if there's no Toby McGuire or Sam Raimi directing in Spidey 4... then don't even bother making a 4th. That's like making another X-Men movie and not casting Hugh Jackmen as Wolverine. Or making the next Batman movie and not casting Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. Or making another Pirates after the 4th and not casting Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Or making Iron Man 3 and not casting RDJ as Tony Stark. My point I'm trying to make is certain actors/actresses make certain roles there own like the above mentioned (and many many more) and that goes for Toby. Toby is Peter Parker, and if there's no Toby then there's no Spiderman.
    Well said "no Toby then there's no Spider-Man". Look what happen when Val Kilmer took over as Batman.
    "You are watching FOX"

• hi!

since Disney now owns Marvel, Corbin Bleu will be the new Spider-Man and Miley Cyrus will be the new Mary Jane.
    -plagued

• My prices are INSANE!

This is relevant to this threads interests....

500 days of Spidey? Sony is looking into bringing the director of 500 Days of Summer in as director and making the next Spidey pick 3-D.

Will Sony Spin Spidey Reboot With Webb? Deadline.com
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast