Thread: Avatar 2 & 3

• Infinitized!

It was either sequels or a reboot.

Cameron Talks AVATAR Sequel - Mania.com

"I've had a storyline in mind from the start - there are even scenes in 'Avatar' that I kept in because they lead to the sequel," Cameron said. "It just makes sense to think of it as a two or three film arc, in terms of the business plan. The CG plants and trees and creatures and the musculo-skeletal rigging of the main characters that all takes an enormous amount of time to create. It'd be a waste not to use it again."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Avatar 2 & 3

I'm not really interested. It better be a better story than the first one.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm not really interested. It better be a better story than the first one.
    I was thinking the same thing

• Still lost in Neverland

I just came from finally getting the chance to see Avatar in 3-D at the Sherman Oaks Archlight. I was amazed and in love with everything about this movie. The story is really Pocahontas in a different world and time, but basically she is Pocahontas and Sully is John Smith. If you look at it that way it is an amazing story. The 3-D was amazing. So subtle but so real. The planet Pandora is beautiful and Cameron did a great job in really creating an amazing place. I think the Pandorian Natives are the most beautiful people every realized on the screen. I just love them. The creatures are also very well done and very believable for that world.

The one thing it did is make me dislike the human race more than I already do. We are not a nice people. Always invading other places and thinking that just because the native people don't have the technology or weapons we do, they are "savages" and need to be wiped out. This story is closer to Pocahontas than just being a similar love story. It's very similar to what the White Europeans did to the American Indian and the "mystic" cultures are very similar as well.

I loved the planet and the people. I hope we can return some day and see what's going on.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Anyone seen Ferngully? Just watch that, then imagine instead of fairies there are aliens. That's about it. This movie was terrible.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Maybe just rip off Pocahontas 2 just like the first Avatar?

• Infinitized!

Avatar 2: The Electric Bluegaloo

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I just came from finally getting the chance to see Avatar in 3-D at the Sherman Oaks Archlight. I was amazed and in love with everything about this movie. The story is really Pocahontas in a different world and time, but basically she is Pocahontas and Sully is John Smith. If you look at it that way it is an amazing story. The 3-D was amazing. So subtle but so real. The planet Pandora is beautiful and Cameron did a great job in really creating an amazing place. I think the Pandorian Natives are the most beautiful people every realized on the screen. I just love them. The creatures are also very well done and very believable for that world.

The one thing it did is make me dislike the human race more than I already do. We are not a nice people. Always invading other places and thinking that just because the native people don't have the technology or weapons we do, they are "savages" and need to be wiped out. This story is closer to Pocahontas than just being a similar love story. It's very similar to what the White Europeans did to the American Indian and the "mystic" cultures are very similar as well.

I loved the planet and the people. I hope we can return some day and see what's going on.
    I second all of it. Not the most amazing story plot, but still the best movie I've seen in my young life. I also noticed it's very similar to Pocahontas and Fern Gully, but did anyone else notice it's similarity to Atlantis? The Dude is Milo, Neytiri is Kenah, her dead dad is her dead dad. The General is the General who both turn out to be the evil guy in the end, and the girl in the helicopter has a stricking resemblence to the girl engineer in looks, personality, and attitude.
    Excited for a great sequel.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I noticed the Atlantis similarities almost immediately and kind of dubbed it: AVATAR: THE LOST EMPIRE. (though it should be Pandora, not Atlantis). And yes, it's also Pocahontas set in the future.

It's not a weak story but just a really really used one and for that, I don't believe it deserves as much credit as it has received. People are easily blinded by special effects... as evidenced in the box office intake of Transformers 2.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Still lost in Neverland

I has made over 1 Billion $ World Wide and is now second only to Titanic. In the U.S. it passed Star Wars and now only has The Dark Knight and Titanic. This was the 5th week in a row in the #1 spot. And it won for Best Director and Best Movie last night at the Golden Globes. Pretty good for a "terrible movie". I loved it and thought it was one of the best movies ever done.

And just remember this. There are only 5 stories to be told. They have all been done and redone over and over (this has been stated by writers so many times I am sure everyone has heard it, but it's true). So no matter what movie you go see, you will have seen the story before. There is no such thing as a "new story" or "never seen before" story.

Special Effects are the only thing that can be different and they just keep getting better and better. It's now possible to make any book into a movie. I keep waiting for someone in Hollywood to discover "The Dragon Riders of Pern" series of books. Bringing the Dragons to life on the big screen is now possible to do in a very realistic and believable way.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    It's now possible to make any book into a movie.
    I keep hoping someone in Hollywood comes forward and does movie adaptions of 2061 and 3001, the two books in Arthur C Clarke's Space Odyssey quadrilogy that haven't been turned into movies yet.

• Crazy Furry

Ughhh, I will firmly agree with most others that the next films have to have a better story then the first.

Plain and simple, the first was nothing more then a technological showcase with an overly used plot with clunky dialouge and plenty of cliched characters.

The story could have been told in a unique way, but Avatar was given a very one-sided and one-dimentional approach. (Humans=Bad, Navi=Good) Add in the cliched characters and it was too easy to predict what was going to happen.

This story has been told so much better by other films, which doesn't go so one-sided, one-dimentional and use cliche characters.

So the sequels better not rely on special effects to carry them, no matter what one might say...the story is the most important thing period.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Goofy

no more sequels.