View Poll Results: Is a live-action 'Sleeping Beauty' movie a good thing?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • HECK YES!

36 62.07%
  • NEVER!

22 37.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Some imagination, huh?

Re: Tim Burton to adapt 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    This is making me laugh. Here Micechatters are complaining because its not "Original", yet Disney took the concept of Sleeping Beauty from the fairy tale. As most of its classic movies. Give me a break. Sounds like a great idea to me, and its from a different perspective.
    It's different because he's a director and is supposed to be a visionary (or whatever). Disney is a company, I don't really care what it remakes because I know more or less it's for profit.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

When I first saw the title, I had my doubts. But after reading that it's from Maleficent's perspective, I hafta say that I am quite excited for this film! (Especially if it turns out to be anything like this amazing book!)

Quote Originally Posted by niklj View Post
    It's different because he's a director and is supposed to be a visionary (or whatever). Disney is a company, I don't really care what it remakes because I know more or less it's for profit.
    Yeah, and that Walt Disney bum who started the whole thing was the total antitheses of a visionary. I mean, virtually all of the man's movies were stolen from European literature!

• Parking Lot > DCA

He would do that. Hopefully he does a Peter Pan or Pinocchio wacky claymation movie & they can re-do the ride for it too?

oh tim burton, what will you ruin next?

• Future Animator

I think he will make it a darker verison of the story, not necessarily the way it played out in the film. In the actual Sleeping Beauty, Aurora is asleep for a long time before she is awakened... I think Burton might use this, especially since his version will focus more on Maleficent. And Burton likes that "fable" theme and the original Sleeping Beauty plot has more "fable" stuff.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

Ok so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No matter what I say some people are going to agree with me and others it is going to make angry or they will disagree. But Garfieldo what you commented on Walt Disney himself.....guts! to come on and become a member and a so called FAN of Disney and all that they stand for and then to verbally bash the founder of the company himself like what were you thinking. It's all good to have your opinion but if its negative about the person who started everything that we all love about this company then honestly you should just delete your account on this website and sign up for the website that hates what Disney stands for. Everyone who is a part of this website are here to talk about their love and their passion for the company the park the movies whatever it may be. But no matter what it is it was all started by Walt Disney and if you don't like him then you should not be on this website dishonoring his name and posting negatively about him.
    Last edited by Disneyland1955*; 01-21-2010 at 04:35 AM. Reason: spelling

• A spooky ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland1955* View Post
    Ok so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No matter what I say some people are going to agree with me and others it is going to make angry or they will disagree. But Garfieldo what you commented on Walt Disney himself.....guts! to come on and become a member and a so called FAN of Disney and all that they stand for and then to verbally bash the founder of the company himself like what were you thinking. It's all good to have your opinion but if its negative about the person who started everything that we all love about this company then honestly you should just delete your account on this website and sign up for the website that hates what Disney stands for. Everyone who is a part of this website are here to talk about their love and their passion for the company the park the movies whatever it may be. But no matter what it is it was all started by Walt Disney and if you don't like him then you should not be on this website dishonoring his name and posting negatively about him.
    I believe he was using a rhetorical device commonly known as sarcasm.

Also, this movie will suck. Tim Burton needs to go away.

• Minion

Yeah, and that Walt Disney bum who started the whole thing was the total antitheses of a visionary. I mean, virtually all of the man's movies were stolen from European literature!
    Ok so everyone is entitled to there own opinion. No matter what I say some people are going to agree with me and others it is going to make angry or they will disagree. But Garfieldo what you comented on Walt Disney himself.....guts! to come on and become a member and a so called FAN of Disney and all that they stand for and then to verbaly bash the founder of the company himself like what were you thinking. Its all good to have your opinion but if its negative about the person who started everything that we all love about this company then honestly you should just deleate your account on this website and sign up for the website that hates what Disney stands for. Everyone who is a part of this website are here to talk about there love and there passion for the company the park the movies whatever it may be. But no matter what it is it was all started by walt and if you dont like him then you should not be on this website dishonering his name and posting negativly about him.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong here ) Garfieldo was being ironic for the purpose of illustrating that both Walt Disney and Tim Burton are visionaries, regardless of the fact that several of their films have been adapted from pre-existing sources.

I agree that both are indeed visionaries in the medium of film.

However, on the subject of Snow White - it was Disney's direct film adaptation of the fairy tale, not a remake of previous film versions. By titling the film Maleficent, (a name which, I believe, originated with Disney) they're drawing a direct link to the previous Disney film, implying it will be something of a remake or revisionist re-imagining of it, rather than Burton's independant vision of the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty (and its nameless villainess). Of course, that could still make for a very interesting film.

Then again, the novel of Wicked draws from both the original Baum novels and the MGM film version of The Wizard of Oz, so it's possible this could do the same .
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 01-21-2010 at 06:23 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I think that because it will be coming from an entirely different perspective, it won't "ruin" Sleeping Beauty. Aurora had her story, and now we'll see a new one.

Didn't take it that way..........................

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Ironic that I see this thread just after watching "Sweeney Todd" last night. I for one, am excited to see what he does with it, more so for Alice in Wonderland because its one of my favorite stories but I think Tim Burton is someone you either love or hate, there isn't much middle ground with him. His visions are rather out there and can go either way for a person, much like people who "get" the magic or "don't". It is what it is and given the fact that I totally love and admire his fresh approach to some widely used stories, my only sorrow is that I wish he would make more.

• =)

Didn't take it that way..........................
    I interpreted the statement the same way burdenx and animagussurreal did. Generally speaking, you may want to be very certain that your opponent isn't being sarcastic before demanding that he or she leave the site, particularly when you're so new to the site yourself.

• Minion

Re: Tim Burton to show Maleficent's side of the story...(merged threads)

it has promise to be sure, but i will wait for Alice first, now if Malificent goes over well, why not a retelling of snow white from the queens point of view..

• Banned User

Seriously...who needs this? It'll all be done up in CGI, and there is no freaking way ANY kind of computer animation could match, much less surpass, the brilliant animation of Maleficent the Dragon in all her hand-drawn splendor from the original Sleeping Beauty film.

PASS.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Phooey. Why couldn't he do the Evil Queen? She's much more interesting than Maleficent. And...she's Disney's original bad girl.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast