Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Magic Mountain announces Mr. Six's DanceCoaster

The park is getting it's 17th coaster this year, a great family addition to the park!!

Six Flags Magic Mountain to add Mr. Six’s coaster for 2010 - Travel - LATimes.com

Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia will add a kiddie coaster in summer 2010 called Mr. Six’s DanceCoaster, themed to the frenetically dancing senior citizen who serves as a spokes-character for the amusement park chain.

Magic Mountain’s 17th coaster moves the California amusement park into a tie with Ohio’s Cedar Point for the coveted title of “roller coaster capital of the world,” according to Roller Coaster Database.

Scheduled to open on Memorial Day weekend, the 679-foot-long steel coaster will be located in the northwest corner of Magic Mountain between the looping Déjà Vu coaster and the Johnny Rockets Shakes and Fries food stand.

At 28 feet tall and with a top speed of 21 mph, the family coaster certainly won’t set any records or wow hard-core enthusiasts. The black, white and red coaster trains will be themed to look like a pair of dancing shoes.

Magic Mountain for this addition will recycle the Vekoma junior coaster, which was known as Road Runner Express at the now-shuttered Six Flags New Orleans before being relocated to Magic Mountain.

The layout of Magic Mountain’s Mr. Six coaster will be identical to Disneyland’s Gadget Go-Coaster, which opened in Toontown in 1993, according to Roller Coaster Database.

This will be the second coaster themed to the Mr. Six character, according to Screamscape. Six Flags New England opened Mr. Six’s Pandemonium in 2005 before dropping “Mr. Six” from the name of the spinning coaster two years later.
    Some pictures of the coaster artwork

• Banned User

Re: Magic Mountain announces Mr. Six's DanceCoaster

Seems kinda corny

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Stupid. Gadget's Go Coaster is a 30 second joke of a ride. Even kids know they are getting ripped off after waiting in line a half hour for that!

Why on earth would Six Flags want to repeat Disney's mistake (and their own for that matter)?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Dusty is right, Gadgets Go Coaster is super lame, and this Six Flags coaster is even worse since its theme is completely stupid.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Hey, Hey, I think this nice for MM (and I for one, like this. So get use to it!)

Timekeeper

For that matter, why DisneySea built a Vekoma roller skater coaster in that class of a park will always remain a mystery to me. But everything aside, they're traditionally incredibly realiable kid pleasers. So there you go, proof that kids like anything

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Hope the ride is longer than 2 mins.

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    For that matter, why DisneySea built a Vekoma roller skater coaster in that class of a park will always remain a mystery to me. But everything aside, they're traditionally incredibly realiable kid pleasers. So there you go, proof that kids like anything
    That one was actually built by the dreaded Togo. Which explains why the layout makes you do this:
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Stupid. Gadget's Go Coaster is a 30 second joke of a ride. Even kids know they are getting ripped off after waiting in line a half hour for that!

Why on earth would Six Flags want to repeat Disney's mistake (and their own for that matter)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Dusty is right, Gadgets Go Coaster is super lame, and this Six Flags coaster is even worse since its theme is completely stupid.
    I like Gadget's Go-Coaster.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I agree that this coaster is pretty stupid. I wish they would get rid of the dancing citizen- I find it baffling he is their spokesperson.

• we jumped out a window

I think it will be a great addition to the park. Might even be fun to ride too! (Certainly more fun than Scream!)

On a side note, Six Flags can't seem to do right by some of you, can they?

They build nothing but extreme coasters. You point out the lack of family rides

They build a family oriented coaster. Stupid, corny, lame are the responses.

Six Flags could paint the Sistine Chapel or find a cure for cancer and it seems some of you would still find a way to demonize them.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

I think this is EXCELLENT news! They are not only building a 17th coaster to tie with Cedar Point, but it's a FAMILY ride. This is a shrewd move on Six Flags behalf who is doing the right thing if they want to draw in more than just teens
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Circle of Ancients

^ Totally agreed Fishy.

Yes the ride isn't really going to be that great ... for all of us ... but it WILL be great for the kids. While Mom and Dad or Teenage Brother and Sister are riding Terminator the smaller kids can be riding this.

There is NOTHING in the back-side of the park as far as coasters that are for kids less than 48". In fact, only 3 (now 4) of the 17 coasters are rideable for kids under 48" ... (Mr. Six's Dance Coaster, Ninja, Percy's Railway and Canyon Blaster). This will certainly be a step-up from Percy's and Canyon Blaster.

Sure I wish it was a little longer but I'm not going to knock the park for adding something for the smaller kids.

• Pongo is my hero.

Why isn't Bugs the icon for all Six Flags parks?

one hundred and one

• My turn

*tilts head* what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast