Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Muppets movie is a go, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The industry seems to be under the impression that geography was the problematic issue rather than ratings:

'Flight of the Conchords' ending run
    Thank you ALIASd! I knew that they really didn't want to be under the pressure to write a season's worth of songs. I probably read that the NZ to US thing was problematic but I didn't think of it.

Yeah, I knew there were several reasons why the show didn't continue but I never recalled reading anything about ratings being an issue.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Hey, why is everyone being so mean? JEEZE GUYS! Its the muppets.. Everyone has their own opinnion but the Muppets have been reaching out to kids for years. Jim Henson would want his creative show to keep growing. He died before I ever knew the Muppets, but I still love them. It doesn't matter who directs the movie because it is not even made yet. So, stop judging before the movie comes out and wait to see how it goes.. I hope it is good though.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by mrbean View Post
    Hey, why is everyone being so mean? JEEZE GUYS! Its the muppets.. Everyone has their own opinnion but the Muppets have been reaching out to kids for years. Jim Henson would want his creative show to keep growing. He died before I ever knew the Muppets, but I still love them. It doesn't matter who directs the movie because it is not even made yet. So, stop judging before the movie comes out and wait to see how it goes.. I hope it is good though.

Don't worry, it's only the original poster who is against the Muppets (which makes me wonder why he bothered to start the thread in the first place?).

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Seriously? Are you actually being serious right now?

Can you please link me to an article? Your quote comes from a user comment, that anyone could post. I want actual numbers from a reliable source not a guy named "Pisher" with a cartoon avatar.
    So what would you call a "reliable" source? Someone who's knowledgable, or someone who's saying what you want to hear?

Here: http://yourentertainmentnow.com/2007...and-entourage/

And here:

http://conchordsinflight.blogspot.co...w-for-premiere.
    Last edited by Magenta Panther; 02-01-2010 at 06:53 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Don't worry, it's only the original poster who is against the Muppets (which makes me wonder why he bothered to start the thread in the first place?).
    Well, let's see. The Muppets' last movie "Muppets From Space" - was a huge flop. Their specials - The Muppets Wizard of Oz and the last 2 Christmas specials - were ratings disappointments. Disney is now apparently going to greenlight and spend big wads of cash on yet another attempt to make these faded characters profitable again. And I, as a Disney fan, am supposed to be happy about this?

People on this site whine about Disney not spending enough time and money on the parks, yet cheer over a project like this. And change the headline of this thread because an opposing opinion upsets them, apparently. So much for a mature discussion...

• Banned User

REPOST: Muppets movie is a go, unfortunately

Looks like the Muppets movie has a director:

The Hollywood Reporter | Heat Vision | Comics | Movie News: 'Flight of the Conchords' co-creator will direct Disney's Muppet movie

I read elsewhere that the directors of "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs" were going to direct the movie, then abruptly changed their minds. Gee, wonder why? :P

So, the new head of Disney's movie division hires a guy who created a flop TV show to direct a movie about a bunch of old TV puppets after the directors of a hit movie turn the project down.

And the descent into madness continues...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Panther View Post
    Well, let's see. The Muppets' last movie "Muppets From Space" - was a huge flop. Their specials - The Muppets Wizard of Oz and the last 2 Christmas specials - were ratings disappointments. Disney is now apparently going to greenlight and spend big wads of cash on yet another attempt to make these faded characters profitable again. And I, as a Disney fan, am supposed to be happy about this?

People on this site whine about Disney not spending enough time and money on the parks, yet cheer over a project like this. And change the headline of this thread because an opposing opinion upsets them, apparently. So much for a mature discussion...

I hope you understand that most importantly, the budgets of the film division is not shared with the budget of the theme park or imagineering division.

I hear ya on the last few Muppet attempts not being very successful, but you have to understand that management had a huge part of their failures. (i didn't see the Christmas specials so I can't comment on those specifically, but the most recent one was nominated for best song Emmy wasn't it?).

AND

The Disney company had very little to do with Muppets From Space which was released by Columbia Pictures.

So again, please do your homework before randomly citing untruths.

To end this post, Disney has recently bought the Muppets after a series of misfires, it's time to bring them back to their formal glory. The reason that the later films did not work well is because they didn't match the vision of Jim Henson and from what I understand, this movie is an attempt at just that.

The youtube videos are a sampling that Muppets CAN be funny still and a new movie CAN be good. Just because there hasn't been one in a while doesn't mean they shouldn't try.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Muppets movie is a go

Magenta Panther, you've been debunked. I'm not going to bother with your links anymore. Thanks for playing.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Magenta Panther, you've been debunked. I'm not going to bother with your links anymore. Thanks for playing.
    I'd say the same to you, but you didn't actually play. You just took your ball and went home. What brought on this fit, anyway? I provide evidence of the general ratings suckiness of your beloved show, and you go into nuclear denial and stomp off. Oh dear...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Assuming that Disney wants to create a bad movie is silly. Muppets was a powerhouse once upon a time and I for one welcome the chance to bring them back to their glory days.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I hope you understand that most importantly, the budgets of the film division is not shared with the budget of the theme park or imagineering division.

I hear ya on the last few Muppet attempts not being very successful, but you have to understand that management had a huge part of their failures. (i didn't see the Christmas specials so I can't comment on those specifically, but the most recent one was nominated for best song Emmy wasn't it?).

AND

The Disney company had very little to do with Muppets From Space which was released by Columbia Pictures.

So again, please do your homework before randomly citing untruths.

To end this post, Disney has recently bought the Muppets after a series of misfires, it's time to bring them back to their formal glory. The reason that the later films did not work well is because they didn't match the vision of Jim Henson and from what I understand, this movie is an attempt at just that.

The youtube videos are a sampling that Muppets CAN be funny still and a new movie CAN be good. Just because there hasn't been one in a while doesn't mean they shouldn't try.
    Look, dude, I mentioned those various Muppet failures to suggest that the Muppets are a big risk with little chance of payoff. Those are EXAMPLES of my point; I didn't make anything up. So how about you lay off citing my statements as "untruths"? When did I say an actual "untruth"? And hey, how about you put up some proof of what you're stating? Oh, wait, I know the answer: you don't have any. Just a buttload of wishful thinking.

If those past projects failed because they didn't match the "vision" of Jim Henson (whatever the heck that was) what makes you think Disney can do it? Weren't most of the original players involved in those failed projects? Now most of them are dead or retired; nowadays the Muppets don't even have Frank Oz, and boy does it show (I heard one of those Give-a-Day Disney ads recently with Fozzie Bear on it and good GOD he sounded horrible.)

But if that's good enough for you, be my guest. (With apologies to Lumiere).

•   
    • Kerplookee

Ed Singer: Forgive me my Earthly manners, but, uh, do you have any idea what it's like to be laughed at?
    Gonzo: Yeah, sure I do.
    Ed Singer: To be called names, like 'wacko.'
    Gonzo: Uh-huh.
    Ed Singer: And 'freak-boy.'
    Gonzo: Oh, yeah.
    Ed Singer: And 'paranoid delusional psychopath'?
    Gonzo: Got me there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Assuming that Disney wants to create a bad movie is silly. Muppets was a powerhouse once upon a time and I for one welcome the chance to bring them back to their glory days.

Of course Disney doesn't want to make a bad movie; it wants to make a Muppet movie. The question is: is there a difference?

• Shablagoo!

And now.... Wally Boag! YEaaaaaaa!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABp-lxrNjaM"]YouTube - The Muppet Show. Wally Boag makes Balloon Animals (ep. 520)[/ame]

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

More Muppets? Awesome!!!
    Not a fan of flight of the Concords or any of he movies that Tui mentioned but as long as they keep them in th same witty vein and don't go too gross with them, then it sholud be a good movie!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast