Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

• Man O Lantern

Gilmore Girls

Oy with the poodles already.

I just watched all of Season 2, and I'm SO in love with the Gilmore Girls. I thought I'd hate it, thought it would annoy me, hated that people told me for the past five years that I remind them of the mom on Gilmore Girls. Now that I've seen it, I pray they're comparing me to Lorelei and not Emily.

Anyway...I've never even seen an episode of Season 1.....or any other season, but I've getting them today. And so I'll probably not be back again....ever.....until I've watched them all.

I just wanted to share what an amazing show I think this is, and I'm sorry I missed out (I also thought I'd hate Sex and the City, and um, I was juuuust a bit tad wrong about that one, too!). My husband watched a couple of episodes with me and he said, "It's not that it's a chick show.....that's not why I'm not digging it, it's just that you have to pause it every two seconds to explain all the little names and book references to me and that gets old." So I stopped pausing and explaining and I could just tell he was bored.....eyes glazed over.

So I'm on my own......will probably rope my Alexis Bledel-clone daughter into watching it with me as soon as I'm not sick anymore. Whenever that is.

• The Unknown Princess

Re: Gilmore Girls

The fast action quips are what keep me going. I love all the characters. GG is syndicated on ABC Family Channel (I think) and the new season is shown on WB on Tuesdays (right before Supernatural).

I think Season 5 (syndicated) will be starting on the Family channel on Nov 1. (If i remember correctly).
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Welcome to the bandwagon!!! And isnt Scott Patterson (aka Luke) HOT!! I'd like me a slice of that!!

I try telling the naysayers what a great, smart and funny show it is but they just wont believe me. Ya gotta pay attention though because the humor is so smart and so fast you might miss something.

Loved the whole Luke comment from last nights episode about the cocktail the "Rory".

"It even tastes like pink. Its like I'm drinking My Little Pony".

• The Unknown Princess

PLEASE! don't tell me more!!!! I haven't been able to watch it and have it on DVR!!!!

Or put a disclaimer at the top so I can skip through it
    Part of the Disney Ohana

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I won't give anything away, but last night's episode broke my heart.

I never raised girls, but Gilmore Girls is such an insight into the raising of a daughter, and walking the fine line between being both pal and mom to your off spring.

Just love the program and Tuesday nights are definitely reserved for this special treat.

• Earth Intruder

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Gilmore Girls. I have only seen the first two seasons on DVD but am gonna netflix the rest. the dialogue is SO hilarious.

For the first two seasons, I totally marathoned them. Like, the entire two seasons in 4 days.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Circle of Ancients

I LOVE Gilmore Girls. Just got done watching last nights episode. SO GOOD!!! Best episode of the season so far.

It's definately NOT a chick show.

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    It's definately NOT a chick show.
    That's the funniest of things. I never heard of it until one of my best friends told me about it. He loves the quips and the one-liners.
    Part of the Disney Ohana

• Man O Lantern

I love not only the quick wit, but that I GET a lot of it! It makes me feel smart....smart in that way that you can only feel smart when you get a Fletch joke, a Dorothy Parker reference, and you can nod along to a description of a scene from a crappy 80's movie. I appreciate that! It's like doing NY Times Crossword puzzle...on Monday. You know it's not as hard as it could be, but damn, it feels good to complete it.

I kinda wanna watch the first season.....but I'm more interested in finding out what happened after Season 2.

And when I get this way.....look out. No laundry gets done, we all eat pizza for a week....for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I fall asleep on the couch every night. I. must. watch. more. Gilmore. Girls.

Please tell me the boy who plays Jess is over the age of 18, for I have felt lust in my heart for him. Also, please don't tell me he dies, or anything else, for I am clueless!!

I also have a thing for the town troubadour. I was like, why is that Ben Lee looking guy walking around singing and playing the guitar every so often? FINALLY, I get to an episode that explains his existence.....sorta.

I hate that I'm a thousand episodes behind everyone else!!

And why? Why did I think I would hate this show? I was so averse to it..."Oh, plucky single mom is adored by a charming, yet quirky little town and she has a perfect little teenage daughter, blah, blah, blah." Then I kept getting all the, "Oh my gosh, you SO remind me of the mom on the Gilmore Girls" comments, and now I'm not sure that's a good thing......but I love the show!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Please tell me the boy who plays Jess is over the age of 18, for I have felt lust in my heart for him. Also, please don't tell me he dies, or anything else, for I am clueless!!
    I'm pretty sure he's over 18. It's okay to go into Season 3 without seeing Season 1, but I would go back and check out the episodes none-the-less. Some GREAT episodes in Season 1. Plus you need to see how it all got started.

Netflix is your friend. We currently have Season 4 (the only season I haven't seen) on it's way. Can't wait!!!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

The guy that plays Jess, Milo Ventimiglio or something like that, is in his 20's I believe. Not bad, but its Scott Patterson that I want to come over and fix my fence, and plane my doors, and work on that pesky broken sprinklerhead, all shirtless of course

There's a couple episodes where they mention Squeeky Fromme that just cracked me up and when I'd mention it to others they'd look at me like "who??". Made me feel so smart knowing who she was and that they didnt - lol.

"Please drink your drink Lorelai"

• Man O Lantern

O-nut, we could just move to Stars Hollow.

I could be the plucky lady who likes younger dark haired men, and you could be my quirky friend who likes grumpy burger slinging dudes. It could work.

• Earth Intruder

OMG I love Jess. Not the character, but the actor who plays him. Rawr little hottie boy!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• All you need is LOVE

I love Gilmore Girls

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I watched it on ABCFamily in re-runs for quite awhile before I moved, then I missed a bunch and haven't got back into it. Sounds like I need to re-discover it

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast