• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Toy Story 3' to screen 3/16 at ShoWest

Disney has set two big screenings for ShoWest 2010: "Toy Story 3" and "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time."

The Pixar sequel will be screened March 16; the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced "Persia" will be shown March 18, the final day of the four-day exhibition confab in Las Vegas.

"The opportunity to showcase the story of 'Prince of Persia' and the beloved characters of 'Toy Story 3' in front of the important professionals of the motion picture industry and owners of theaters demonstrates the significance of this audience to forthcoming blockbusters," ShoWest managing director Robert Sunshine said.
    Disney sets two ShoWest screenings

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: 'Toy Story 3' to screen 3/16 at ShoWest

This morning I show the in-progress Toy Story 3 to around 3000 of my closest friends, who happen to be here in Vegas. Gulp.

https://twitter.com/leeunkrich

Tuesday, March 16

10:45 am & 11:15 am

Walt Disney Studios invites you to a screening of Disney . Pixar's TOY STORY 3

http://www.showest.com/filmexpo/show...l/schedule.jsp
    Last edited by ALIASd; 03-16-2010 at 09:50 AM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Entertainment Weekly: Pixar does it again

One of those 3-D movies will be Pixar’s Toy Story 3, the long-awaited sequel to 1999’s Toy Story 2. The studio graced exhibitors with an unfinished cut of the film, and — though I’m sure it comes as no surprise to any of you — the film is great. Not only do the latest adventures of Buzz Lightyear and Cowboy Woody maintain the high quality that we’re used to seeing with Pixar movies, but this one is also exceptionally emotional. I was surrounded by a group of adults and there were many tears shed throughout the film. Why you ask? We’ve been asked to not give away the plot, but suffice it to say Andy’s all grown-up and about to go off to college, a moment-in-time that can turn a parent with a child of any age into a blubbery mess. But don’t take it from me. The movie bows June 18. This might be one you sneak off to see with your spouse after you’ve watched it once with the kids.
    'Toy Story 3': Pixar does it again | EW.com

(sigh of relief...)
    Before showing the movie, ShoWest presented John Lasseter with a special ShoWest Big Ten Award, commemorating Disney and Pixar Animation's ten movies released to date, all enormous hits that have grossed $5.5 billion worldwide. After giving a speech, Lasseter presented the premiere of Teddy Newton's short Day & Night which will be running in front of Toy Story 3. The short was shown in 3D and it's another fairly innovative dialogue-free short involving two 2-dimensional "Schmoo"-like creatures who display 3D animation scenes on their bodies. The general idea is that one is always showing daytime scenes, while the other is always showing night, and the short cleverly juxtaposed the two things as the characters interacted.
    more at:
    ShoWest 2010: Disney•Pixar's Toy Story 3 Debuts! - ComingSoon.net

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

One more positive reaction to the TS3 screening today:

Today at ShoWest in Las Vegas Disney and Pixar held the first ever screening of Toy Story 3. The movie wasn't 100% finished and we saw it in 2D but it's a great, great addition to the Toy Story films. We're not allowed to review it but I wanted to share my initial thoughts with you guys.

I can't talk about the plot of the movie but it is just as funny, sweet, adventurous, sad and goofy as the previous Toy Story movies. Lee Unkrich put his co-directing gigs behind him and gave us a fantastic end to the series. All of the toys were present (except for a few, which is explained in the film) and the movie looked great.

Like I said I can't talk about the plot but the story about how we outgrow the things we grew up with seemed to hit a lot of people in the theater. The last act had some around me crying, probably thinking back to when they had favorite toys of their own growing up.
    more at:
    news: ShoWest 2010: I Just Saw Toy S... Latino Review

*https://twitter.com/leeunkrich

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Dolby Unveils Dolby Surround 7.1
    at ShoWest 2010

Dolby Works with Disney and Pixar to Create a
    New Audio Experience for Digital Cinema Audiences
    and Exhibitors

LAS VEGAS, Mar 16, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- At ShoWest 2010, Dolby Laboratories, Inc, announced it is working with Walt Disney Pictures(R) and Pixar(R) Animation Studios to deliver a new audio format, Dolby(R) Surround 7.1. Disney(R) and Pixar have stated that Dolby Surround 7.1 will be launched in select theatres with the release of Toy Story(R) 3 in 3D this June.

"For 40 years Dolby has not only provided content creators with the tools to create a more realistic audio experience, but has also enabled the exhibitor to deliver audiences the ability to experience the content as the creator intended," said Page Haun, Senior Director, Marketing, Cinema Market Segment, Dolby Laboratories. "The release of Toy Story 3 in a discrete 7.1 mix will raise the bar for movie theatre owners and their patrons."

Dolby Surround 7.1 brings a more exciting sensory experience to audiences for 2D and gives content creators control over audio placement in a theatre when mixing 3D movies. The ability to compose audio with visual elements of 3D allows content creators to immerse the audience deeper into the movie with dramatic realism.
    full info at:
    Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - Dolby Unveils Dolby Surround 7.1 at ShoWest 2010