• Circle of Ancients

Captain EO line expected to form at 6am Tuesday

‘Captain EO’ line expected early Tuesday at Disney - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

Fans are expected to line up starting at 6 a.m. Tuesday for the first showing of “Captain EO” — four hours before the Michael Jackson film re-opens at Disneyland.

The 3-D movie is back for a limited engagement at the theme park after a 13-year absence. Disney is reviving the film, which began at the park in 1986, because of the renewed popularity of the pop singer since his June death.

Fans are asked to line up on the west side of Disneyland’s main entrance, winding around the side wall near the bag check area and possibly beyond, said John McClintock, a Disneyland Resort spokesman.

Disney officials plan to lead movie-goers to the theater in Tomorrowland before the first showing begins at 10 a.m.

The park officially opens at 9:30 a.m. for the Main Street U.S.A. area. Regular Disneyland guests can go in at that time to visit the park.
    Disney officials expect that those in line early will be able to see the movie on Tuesday. The Magic Eye Theater fits between 500 and 600 people. The 17-minute, science-fiction movie will show up to three times an hour.
    Some of the special effects from the first film will be absent this time, according to a Disney press release. However, Disney has a new 70-mm print of the film with acoustical enhancements in the theater.
    If you want to be among the first, get there EARLY and make sure you line up on the west side of the entrance plaza (closest to the Mickey and Friends Trams).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Talking Re: Captain EO line expected to form at 6am Tuesday

I hope lots of people have fun tomorrow! (I am typing from my new DSI!)

Timekeeper

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Captain EO line expected to form at 6am Tuesday

If I didn't have this silly work thing going, I just might be one of those crazies in line at 6.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

You know, as much as I try, I just can't get excited about the Captain EO rerelease. It's nothing against Michael Jackson. EO was fun in its heyday, but now it just seems old.

Good luck to those braving it tomorrow. I hope it's worth the wait for you.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    You know, as much as I try, I just can't get excited about the Captain EO rerelease. It's nothing against Michael Jackson. EO was fun in its heyday, but now it just seems old.

Good luck to those braving it tomorrow. I hope it's worth the wait for you.
    Christie Brinkley is old too, but I'd still line up for it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    So would I. I haven't seen her in 3D yet.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Freaking school...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Minion

none of you that live in Cali can complain about school or work, cause you live right there, I wish I could go but I'm in Wa, no way that its possible
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    none of you that live in Cali can complain about school or work, cause you live right there, I wish I could go but I'm in Wa, no way that its possible
    You mean Socal because I'm in nor cal but I am going lol I do live about 4 n half hours away tho and I do see what you mean!
    follow me on twitter mrhankyjr

• Disney friends are #1

It's 4:45 in the morning and I live a little more than an hour north of the park in Ventura County. Showered, shampoo'd, shaved, shoes, and (under)shorts. Sounds like everything to me! Should be in line by 6:30. To those of you who'll be working or schooling today...I'll be thinking 'bout ya! I can almost touch the rotating asteroid...from the back row! Later...

• TheRedhead

Bringing back EO...I know I've missed it over the years. I can't imagine lining up hours before the park opens to see EO though--even if you've never seen it. My husband's dad taped the film off the Disney Channel many years ago. Other people have it I'm sure. There are other ways to see it.

The last time I saw EO at DL with my parents there wasn't much of a line at all. I know this is big time nostalgia for everyone, but this is just another example of people using MJ to make a buck...even in death. It doesn't sit well with me.

Good luck to you all though. Will that many extra people really shell out $70 to see EO in this economy? We're in Sacto and haven't been able to afford to go to DL in 3 years...even when we drive down south to visit relatives. [sigh]

• TheRedhead

Originally Posted by mickeyfan42

California is a BIG state. Going from Eureka to San Diego is like going from Delaware to Florida. It's a 8 hour car ride to DL for us (9 or more when traffic is involved). For MANY Californians Disneyland is a vacation destination not a Saturday excursion...that means lodging bills, pet overnight boarding, several gas fill ups, or even plane tickets.
    Last edited by lilsurelybeans; 02-23-2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: forgot quote

So would I. I haven't seen her in 3D yet.
    Just for the record. I have seen her in 3D, and would not pass up the chance to again.

Captain EO walk through Playlist