Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• And, THEN she said...

Re: Stephen King and MORE Dark Tower!

Hey! I just noticed something else...Roland has The HORN OF ELD.. this may prove to be more interesting than i thought..

but Im still not too thrilled about my version of Roland being knocked out of my head...Im with you reaver my roland is thin with a craggy wind worn face..kind of like an young clint eastwood like in fistful of dollars but with dark hair..

• Reaver of Souls

I'm also guessing that's meant to be David in that picture, and since Roland doesn't look like the youngster he was when he won his guns, I'd guess there's a bit of creative license going on... But the horn is an interesting sign...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• And, THEN she said...

maybe a bit of creative license..but maybe they are using it as a way for the older roland to break the cycle..hmmm maybe we will be seeing a bit more of Susan, the coffin hunters and the witch...but hopefully no more of the pink bend O the rainbow...I would like to see a bit of black 13 myself! I may be reversing my thoughts on this LOL its getting a bit interesting! and I will probably read it just like i devour everything else the man writes! this is making me want to re read the tower series again! *looks at bookshelf*

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I finished The Colorado Kid on Monday. It was ok, not great. He could have been so creative with the genre, but chose to go the safe route. I finished it to see where he would end the story. This was not one of his more stellar works. There is a magic in his writing that was missing. I think he was trying to emulate another writer's style rather than emulating the style of the genre.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I could deal if it's like a prequel to the other Dark Tower books. If not... they should just leave it alone.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by groomer_4_u
    Is it me or does the new redone Roland look a bit like stephen King? when I see Roland in my head I will always see him the way Michael Whelan Saw him..with a few changes put in by my own minds eye..
    I'm a HUGE Stephen King fan. Not only have I read every book but I've read every book a couple of times. I'm a little slow in picking up the Colorado Kid but it's on my book list!

As for the way Roland looks, I always get the feeling reading Steve's books that the main character is him. Funny someone else may have had the same thought. Course I can't tell if they look the same but I'd like to believe so!

• Reaver of Souls

Looking at the picture again, I don't think that's the horn he's carrying, but rasther a water skin, or flask. In one of the other pieces of art, they sho him drinking from one, and the shape is identical. Looks like we may not see an alternate storyline after all...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12