Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Domestic Parks Pass Confirmed

Here's a nice write-up about the new pass, including an interview with your's truly, from Sarah Tully of the OC Register: http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...s-parks/37063/
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

A current 7 day park-hopper for WDW is $572.
    Is that a typo? A 7-day hopper is $452 including tax, and that's loaded up with water parks and more and no expiration, purchased from a discounter. A regular 7 day hopper is $291. Note that with a DL PAP, that's still more than the difference between the new pass and the 7-day WDW ticket.

I'm mulling this over because we're local to DL, but headed to WDW soon. We were thinking of resuming DL APs this fall. We paid $280 for WDW 6-day hoppers for our upcoming trip. Add the DL Deluxe AP with parking, the total is $768, about the same as this new pass with tax.

I'm trying to decide whether I should trade in or upgrade my unused 6-day ticket, instead opting for one of these new passes for the parking and discounts. For the rest of the family I'm not so sure. For the kids its $280 plus $299 for a DL Deluxe AP, quite a bit less than $700. If we were planning a second trip back east, it would be an easy decision.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Question Re: Disney Domestic Parks Pass Confirmed

This is interesting that Disney is doing this, I wonder when they will make a international parks pass that includes said US parks, Tokyo parks, Paris parks, Hong Kong park(s?), soon to be Shanghi park(s?) and future resorts. Though that International pass I might be even more hard to purchase then the just annouced US dual-parks pass. Plus, what it be an incentive for people who are non-Disney fans to purchase this US-Dual Parks pass and the predicted International Pass?

Timekeeper

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    This is interesting that Disney is doing this, I wonder when they will make a international parks pass that includes said US parks, Tokyo parks, Paris parks, Hong Kong park(s?), soon to be Shanghi park(s?) and future resorts. Though that International pass I might be even more hard to purchase then the just annouced US dual-parks pass. Plus, what it be an incentive for people who are non-Disney fans to purchase this US-Dual Parks pass and the predicted International Pass?

Timekeeper
    Unlikely international passes will occur especially with Japan since disney doesnt even own the parks they just license it. with paris and hong kong they own a percentage and would need to figure out how to break down the profit.. I doubt international will ever happen.

so does this domestic park pass , it also includes parkings and discounts? Does it include discounts as if you are premium??

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PAL View Post
    Is that a typo? A 7-day hopper is $452 including tax, and that's loaded up with water parks and more and no expiration, purchased from a discounter. A regular 7 day hopper is $291. Note that with a DL PAP, that's still more than the difference between the new pass and the 7-day WDW ticket.
    My bad, I had put it in for 2 people, did not include the no expiration option.

A 7-day park hopper, waterparks and more is $338. So if you are only making 1 trip to WDW, it might not make sense for you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'm still hoping for DVC discount, but we'll see. I am excited about the price, and since my WDW AP expires in December, I might just upgrade to this in April, since April and May will be a weekend in WDW (for Magical Pursuit), then DL (for the Gumball Rally), so it just seems to make sense
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

this is really interesting, makes me wonder how they are going to break down the amount of revenue of these tickets between both resorts. At the end of the year which resort on paper shows the extra ticket revenue.

right now Disneyland has the biggest handle of revenue coming in from annual passes, is this a way of helping push the numbers up a bit for WDW which has been showing bigger drops recently due to the economy
    Last edited by Baloo; 03-10-2010 at 11:27 PM.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    this is really interesting, makes me wonder how they are going to break down the amount of revenue of these tickets between both resorts. At the end of the year which resort on paper shows the extra ticket revenue.

right now Disneyland has the biggets handle of revenue coming in from annual passes, is this a way of helping push the numbers up a bit for WDW which has been showing bigger drops recently due to the economy
    you would almost think that since the disneyland side of house usually knows how to run things better they either agreed to a 50/50 split despite the DLR having 2 less theme parks..
    However the likely split would be something along the lines of 60 wdw 40 disneyland revenue

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Hmmm...I have PAP for DL, and we're going to WDW again in August for 10 days. I wonder how it'll all work- will they let me just pay the $250 to upgrade my pass? Do I have to do it in WDW, or could I do that here? I'm hoping for free dining, and I really hope they don't require length of stay tickets- that would totally kill the deal for me.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Based upon how they are taxing it, it is a 50/50 split.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Arilvdc View Post
    Hmmm...I have PAP for DL, and we're going to WDW again in August for 10 days. I wonder how it'll all work- will they let me just pay the $250 to upgrade my pass? Do I have to do it in WDW, or could I do that here? I'm hoping for free dining, and I really hope they don't require length of stay tickets- that would totally kill the deal for me.
    Yes, trying to hop on free dining would be an issue for you - that's not available to APs. However what I would look into though is... upgrading your passes to AP after your trip starts. That might be a loophole... but I'm only speculating. I don't know what Disney would do with your dinning option at that point.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

According to a response in the Parks blog, no DVC discount, and no child prices.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I think what I'm going to do is buy a Deluxe pass now, then upgrade it in July to this new pass, then go to WDW and then my brother's wedding in Texas, in the DFW area. Hey, that means I'd better get a Six Flags pass at SFMM! My brother is a serious SFOT fan. The last I heard, he had ridden Batman 500 times since it opened.

Anyhow, I already love the new pass.

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Okay, I got mine today, and I love it! I originally went to the ticket booths outside DLR and was told that the upgrade would need to be done inside the park at the Pavillion. They could not process the transaction there, as they did not have the cards. (I wonder what would happen if someone wanted this pass, but did not already have a park ticket?) I then proceeded to the Pavillion, and let them know that I wanted to renew and upgrade (I had a PAP). She asked if I wanted to stay with the PAP, so I let her know that I wanted the Premier Pass. She let me know that she was not trained on this and went to get a lead.

A few minutes later an entire gaggle of people came to the counter to watch how it was done (I'm assuming training for CMs). They went through the entire process and I received my pass, along with a brochure detailing how AP Discounts work at WDW. Everyone was extremely friendly, and were interested in how the program worked. The CM helping me made sure that I knew exactly what the pass was, and what I was paying for. Very informative overall, and everyone genuinely wanted to help. It seemed that there were still a few glitches or bugs in the system, but with it being so new, I'm sure it will all be worked out very soon.

I finally walked out of the AP processing center with my new gold pass smiling. I'm planning an extended trip to WDW this summer, and this will save me on both ticket costs AND on merch/food discounts.

I think this is an amazing option, and am very thankful that it is being offered. I think the thing that has bugged me the MOST about this process are the DVC members that have been crying that they are not receiving a discount. A WDW premium pass is $619 and a DLR premium pass is $439. Buying these separate passes would cost $1058 (plus applicable Florida sales tax). The savings is outstanding by any means. So, why do DVC members feel that they are entitled to a FURTHER discount, when it is a program (most likely) aimed at those people any how. The public were just lucky enough to be privileged to it. If anything, seeing the responses from these members have put me off from even contemplating of becoming a member. How high can they stick their noses in the air?

Ranting aside, I am once again thankful for this pass, and look forward to using it. In fact, it may even prompt further random trips to WDW. Thanks Disney!

• Drunk On Disney

We just got our passes in the mail (I hadn't even heard about this until I opened the letter.

The expiration date for the new USA pass was the same as my DL pass that I bought in January which really extends my WDW pass (which was set to expire in early July.)

Now I just need to start looking for flights to get me from NJ to one of the parks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast