Here's a bit from an article earlier this year on Bill Nighy (Love Actually):
Bill Nighy on Pirates and Underworld
Source: Empire Online April 21, 2005

Empire Online caught up with British actor Bill Nighy, who stars as planet builder Slartibartfast in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and asked about his upcoming slate.

Nighy said that his character Davy Jones will very much be the villain of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and possibly Pirates of the Caribbean 3.

"I am a very, very, very, very bad man and I am there to make people suffer in all new ways, in ways that you won't have seen before," he smiled. While staying mum on how that will be done, he did reveal that "I have a boat and I have a crew, and they are really evil buggers."

He added that his character will have quite a bit of help from the effects wizards at Industrial Light & Magic (ILM). "I'm so computer generated that you might have trouble spotting me. You'll know it's me, but you might have to check the credits afterwards," he laughed.

First, he will be seen again as Viktor in the December sequel Underworld: Evolution, which may be surprising considering what happened to Viktor at the end of Underworld.