Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• New Waver

Bands you would like to see get back together

After going to the Johnny Vatos tribute to Halloween show last night I now more then ever long for an Oingo Boingo reunion. I got into the band 1 year after they called it quits and never got to see them live. This Halloween it will be 10 years since the band was last together. Vatos did a great job of getting John Avila, Slugo, and Steve Bartek together on stage again last night to do some rare Boingo songs as well as some other stuff. I was happy to see members of the band playing together again, but I think everyone in there was hoping that Danny Elfman would show up. He didn't so we tried to have a good time anyway.

In the spirit of the great Boingo Halloween shows of the past I came in costume. I was the son of the devil and the princess of the 6th dimension, or as I said last night "the result of the devil sticking his fork in that there tomato" (if you have no idea what I a talking about go see the Forbidden Zone, unless you are easily offended). I don't think a Boingo reunion will ever happen because Danny Elfman wanted a clean break of the band while they were still on top. But for us fans we will always hope against hope that someday there will be one more show. Last night is most likely the closest we will ever get, and it was a fun night, but it was no Oingo Boingo show.

What bands would you like to see get back together?

• New Waver

Re: Bands you would like to see get back together

Nobody would like to see any bands get back together?

• Sock Puppet

I saw Oingo Boingo for a halloween show and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen, it was truely a fun experience! They were definetly at the top of their game. Too bad you missed them but you can still see their DVD I think.

OK, aside from that, bands I would like to see get back together are:
    Queen - Never will happen cuz Freddie's dead
    Led Zep - No more John either cuz he's dead
    Van Halen - I don't like Van Hagar
    The Ramones - Aren't they all about dead?
    Oingo Boingo - Cuz they brought fun into their music and especially their shows.
    The Talking Heads - I love the big suit and the great music.

Well, I'm sure I will think of more just as soon as I post this but this is enough for now. Looking at the bands that I've listed can you tell that I grew up in the late 70's and early 80's??? (oops, showing my age again!)

• Circle of Ancients

Usually when a band ends it's career I'm pretty happy. Most of the time it's a good thing.

Oingo Boingo really is one of the rare bands I would like to see reunite.

Eagles should have never gotten back together. Same with Fleetwood Mac.

They were GREAT back in the day, but didn't have it. I will say that the Fleetwood Mac concert DVD was 100 times better than anything the Eagles put out.

Aren't they on their 10th farewell tour? When is enough enough?

I would like to see the original Van Halen reunite, although I do like Van Hagar better ... sorry magic mirror.

My favorite band ever, RUSH, never broke up and is still together. When they finally call it quits I will be sad, but I don't want them to play when they can't be at their full potential.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ...although I do like Van Hagar better ... sorry magic mirror.
    No problem! (I actually have a Van Hagar CD)

I totally agree with you about the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac.
    Can you say "we did it for the money"??

The Rolling Stones are another band that can say "we did it for the money". Sorry, but nothing creative out of them since Tattoo You and that was 20 some years ago.

It's funny what you say because it's true. Most of the bands that do get back together probably should never have because they were either washed up or creatively used up.

PS - sir clinksalot, I have seen Rush 4 times and loved every show! (Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows & Roll The Bones)
    Last edited by Magic Mirror; 10-31-2005 at 08:24 AM.

• Banned User

Dr Hook!! I loved that Band, and I miss Heart!!
    I am more of a oldies kind of gal, I miss the old country singers

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mirror
    PS - sir clinksalot, I have seen Rush 4 times and loved every show! (Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows & Roll The Bones)
    They put on an awesome show!!!

I missed those tours but have also seen them 4 times.

Presto - twice
    Vapor Trails
    30th Anniversary Tour

Rumor is that the next tour may be their last ... We are going AT LEAST twice. I would go see them again!!! They are still the best live band ever.

• ...lurks...

Ya, I'd love to see OB back together...I had tickets to their last show. Didn't make it there, #@%$!! (dangit).

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'd like to see the Osmonds and the Jackson 5 get back together, together. The new group might be called Michael, Donny and the Wacko Jackos. Among their first hits would likely be Beat It Little Girl; Sweet, Innocent and Bad!; Damn It, Jannet; Naked Man In Marie's Mirror; The 12th of Neverland; Breeze On Bi; and everybody's favorite at the orphanage, Puppy Glove.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-31-2005 at 11:29 PM.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

As a HUGE Stones Fan, I will agree, they have run their course. (But still put on an AMAZING Show)

Led Zeppelin- But yes, No John, No Band.

PINK FLOYD! (Come on guys, you did it for Live 8...Just one tour?.... for ME?...lol)

Saw the Sex Pistols, good, but no Sid, so it doesn't count.

THE CLASH

The rest are Dead. (Doors, Hendrix, Beatles)

Bands that NEED to Go Away: Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, KISS, STYX, Duran Duran, OZZY, MOTLEY CRUE, & QUEEN (sorry, No Freddie=NO Queen). Aerosmith is getting oh so close.

As for RUSH, first saw them "Moving Pictures" AWESOME. Just Awesome.
    Last edited by PanTheMan; 11-01-2005 at 12:57 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Give Peace a Chance

Of course it can't happen, Jerry's dead.
    But I still miss the Grateful Dead.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

DEFINATLY Oingo Boingo. But Danny has come out publicly and said that he will never again do any stage shows. He likes it better staying at home with his kids doing all his work from his den. I've been a Oingo Boingo fan since they were known as 'The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo' and have seen them in concert more times then I can count. They were the only band I have seen that did not need a opening act, all they had to do was get on the stage and instantly the energy was there. They are still one of my favorite bands.

Talking Heads would be another good one that I would like to see get together.

A while ago I would have said the original Duran Duran, but that already happened.

OMD

Thompson Twins

etc.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• R.I.P. Mandy

Another vote for Oingo Boingo. I discovered them only a few years ago, and have never looked back. They are the best!

Boingonut, do you have any pictures of your costume? That sounds interesting! Hee hee.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• New Waver

Quote Originally Posted by SallySkellington
    Another vote for Oingo Boingo. I discovered them only a few years ago, and have never looked back. They are the best!

Boingonut, do you have any pictures of your costume? That sounds interesting! Hee hee.
    I don't have any pictures of me but some guy from OingoBoingo.com ( you know the site that never has anything on it ) took a few pics of me and said it was going to be posted on the website, but I have not seen them yet so we will see.

I had on a long black morning coat and black pants and shirt with a bow tie. I had my hair all sticking up, kind of Robert Smith style. And I had my make up just like Danny's, but I forgot to put on my horns until the show started.

• Reaver of Souls

I don't really need to see Boingo back together, as much as I love their music. I'd love to see Danny do some non-movie stuff, though. Every time I listen to the Corpse Bride soundtrack, I image Danny, sitting at home in front of a piano, just playing. I'd love an entire CD of that. Danny Playing his own music, that he created for no other reason than because he can...

I'd love the Smiths to do another gig together...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast