Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,421

    How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    I was just talking to my son about this last night. After really enjoying the hand-drawn Princess and the frog, and knowing how Lasseter recognizes the value of the old style as well as the new (cgi) style.

    Sure would be nice to see Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Chip and Dale assembled into a full-length (hand drawn) feature movie in the modern day. I realise they would use (most likely) cgi backgrounds like in The Princess and the frog. That would be ok. But the warmth and beauty of a good ol' hand-drawn animation is so great. So worth it.

    So Disney, if you are reading this... get busy. I expect something by 2013, 2014 at the very latest!!

    Thanks.


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,038

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Fun and Fancy Free (1947) was a package film but the main feature was Mickey and the Beanstalk also one of Fantasia (1940) best know seqences was stared Mickey as Sorcerer's Apprentice. Then there was also The Three Musketeers (2004) by DisneyToon Studios which wasn't a theater release (direct to video) but it was a feature length animated movie staring Mickey. I don't see Walt Disney Feature Animation creating another full length release with Mickey anytime soon, the character is already well established.

    Edited to add:
    That is not to say that Disney wouldn't or shouldn't continue using the character in the future. I can see them keeping the character fresh and relevant with new series and holiday specials like they have with House of Mouse, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Mickey's Twice Apon a Christmas and of course his exposure in the parks.
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 03-25-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: added second thought

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,398

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Who's going to voice Mickey?


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  4. #4

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,421

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Fun and Fancy Free (1947) was a package film but the main feature was Mickey and the Beanstalk also one of Fantasia (1940) best know seqences was stared Mickey as Sorcerer's Apprentice. Then there was also The Three Musketeers (2004) by DisneyToon Studios which wasn't a theater release (direct to video) but it was a feature length animated movie staring Mickey. I don't see Walt Disney Feature Animation creating another full length release with Mickey anytime soon, the character is already well established.

    Edited to add:
    That is not to say that Disney wouldn't or shouldn't continue using the character in the future. I can see them keeping the character fresh and relevant with new series and holiday specials like they have with House of Mouse, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Mickey's Twice Apon a Christmas and of course his exposure in the parks.
    Yes, I'm aware of all mentioned references, "well established character" indeed, which is why I believe it should remain revisited.

    Shorts would even be nice.

    But with imagination, creative vision a good script could be written to bring back to life the classic characters, while introducing new ones for which they could interact.

    A classic never dies, as long as imagination lives on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Who's going to voice Mickey?
    This could be achieved many ways! Even duplicating Walt's renditions and digitally and used for seed.


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,038

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Who's going to voice Mickey?

    I thought the new voice for Mickey was Bret Iwan. Or has that decision not been made official yet?

    Shorts would even be nice.
    They have been doing occasional short features off and on over the last 10 years.

  6. #6

    • I see mouse people
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Too far from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,768
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Everybody loves Mickey. But hardly anyone will pay to see him in a feature-length film. Now, if they do EpicMickey well, and can do a film based on that, I could see that as a possibility. But not likely.

  7. #7

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,421

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Everybody loves Mickey. But hardly anyone will pay to see him in a feature-length film. Now, if they do EpicMickey well, and can do a film based on that, I could see that as a possibility. But not likely.
    I figured people would pay to see.

    Why will people pay to see TS3? Same characters as 1 and 2.

    I find Mickey and co. far more interesting character, personally.

    I just can't stand the CGI generated versions the Disney Channel offers. YUCK!!

    Give hand drawn!


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  8. #8

    • I see mouse people
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Too far from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,768
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Well, I'm mostly with you there. Although even the CGI Mickey is better than no Mickey at all. I'd hate to see the Disney channel without any characters at all, just Hannah Montana and crap like that.

  9. #9

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,421

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Well, I'm mostly with you there. Although even the CGI Mickey is better than no Mickey at all. I'd hate to see the Disney channel without any characters at all, just Hannah Montana and crap like that.
    They should replay the old stuff.

    I have a ten year old boy who would much, MUCH rather watch old silly symphony/looney tunes cartoons that the CRAP they play today! They dumb down and shovel sugar-coated garbage at these tweens that are hungry for "substance" that was oh so plentiful in the toons of yesteryear.


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  10. #10

    • KC to DL= 1,640 miles
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come
    Posts
    4,188

    Re: How about a full length Mickey Mouse movie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    I thought the new voice for Mickey was Bret Iwan. Or has that decision not been made official yet?
    Yeah, they made it official. I believe his first gigs were doing a Disney on Ice show and doing a short little line on Tomarrowland Transit Authority at WDW.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Similar Threads

  1. Meet the New Mouse, Same as the Old Mouse . . . Epic Mickey
    By disneytim in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 08:00 AM
  2. Disney.com Breaks New Ground Streaming Full-Length Movies
    By disneytim in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
  3. The Most Beloved Disney Full Length Feature "Family/Live Action" Film
    By AidensDaddy in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 11:08 PM
  4. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Game
    By Hayley B in forum Fun and Games
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 04:34 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 07:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •