• Queen Elsa

Looks like we lost another Disney voice - RIP Eddie Carroll

I got this from my facebook from the Chapter. It sounds like we lost the voice of Jiminy Cricket.

The Chapter bids a fond farewell to Eddie Carroll, the voice of Jiminy Cricket. Many Chapter members will remember meeting Eddie at the 2006 Convention. Our sincerest condolences to Eddie's wife, family, and many friends.

So if I am reading this right then we have lost two now with in two years. First Mickey and now Jiminy. If so dose this make the second Jiminy that we have or not.

EDIT: Link to the news regarding the passing of Eddie Carroll.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/lifeandculture/ci_14837572

Private funeral services were pending today for actor/comedian Eddie Carroll, who has provided the voice for Disney's Jiminy Cricket since 1971.

Carroll, 76, died Tuesday at age 76 from a brain tumor, according to publicist Roger Neal. He was diagnosed with the tumor in October, Neal said.

"Eddie was a fighter right to the end," Carroll's wife, Carolyn, said.

The Canadian actor made guest appearances on a variety of television shows in the 1960s, including "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.," "Mission: Impossible" and "The Andy Griffith Show."

In the 1970s, he was hired by Disney to provide the voice of the well- groomed, umbrella-carrying Jiminy Cricket, taking over the duty from original voice Cliff Edwards, who died in 1971.

Thanks to his striking resemblance to Jack Benny, Carroll began performing a one-man tribute show to Benny in 1983. In fact, Carroll's death was first reported on the Web site for the International Jack Benny Fan Club.

Carroll is survived by his wife and two children -- daughter Tina and son Leland.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 04-07-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Added link to article.

• I'm not really here

Re: Looks like we lost another Disney voice

Truly sad. I loved his voice. He will be missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disgruntled Former CM

Re: Looks like we lost another Disney voice

It should be noted that the original voice of Jimminy Cricket - for Pinocchio, and throughout the 50's and 60's - was Cliff Edwards, also known as "Ukelele Ike"; Mr. Edwards died in 1971, and Mr. Carroll took over the role.

Mr. Edwards can be seen - and heard - strumming his trademark ukelele and singing the film debut of the MGM anthem "Singin' In The Rain" for the Hollywood Revue of 1929, and his vocal talents were used to voice the "lead" crow in Dumbo,singing "When I See An Elephant Fly!"

Mr. Carroll was also well known for his night club impersonations of Jack Benny.

Both great talents will be missed; thank you for posting Capt Hook

• Queen Elsa

Re: Looks like we lost another Disney voice - RIP Eddie Carroll

This is going to be hard to replace him. I had hear that there is a new Kingdom Hearts game coming out Birth by Sleep and I have hear rumours that Jiminy is sopost to be in the game. So don't know how they will do his voice for the new Kingdom Hearts game?