Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Infinitized!

Re: 'The Avengers' 5/4/12 directed by Joss Whedon

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I just read over at Mania that there will be an endcap scene at the end of the credits again and...
    Spoiler
    supposed to involve some characters from the other Marvel movies coming out next year.
    Oops, this was referring to Iron Man 2 with the scene to be a setup again for The Avengers. So, mods if you want to relocate to the appropriate thread...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Jeremy Renner near deal to join Marvel's 'Avengers'

By Borys Kit and Zorianna Kit
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Jeremy Renner is in final negotiations to join "The Avengers," Marvel Studios' big-screen take on its superhero team that's being directed by Joss Whedon.

Renner will play the bow-and-arrow-carrying hero Hawkeye, who, while not one of the initial members of the team when it was created in the 1960s, became an integral member soon after when the misguided villain switched sides.

Renner will join Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Don Cheadle as War Machine.

The Hulk may also be a character in the movie, but at this stage, there is no deal that would bring back Ed Norton, who starred as the emerald giant in 2008's "The Incredible Hulk."

Renner's involvement was initially rumored last fall, although the actor, who was in the middle of the awards derby with his war thriller "The Hurt Locker," was at the time more taken with Paul Thomas Anderson's untitled drama and was being heavily courted by Universal for "Battleship."

Renner never joined "Battleship," and while he still has definite interest in Anderson's film, that project is still cobbling financing and has seen its start pushed back several times.

Renner saw a chance to take on work in a role that, while key, is not starring in nature and will allow him to slide into Anderson's film if it should come together.

To keep costs manageable for the "Avengers," Marvel is trying to keep a lid on the movie's finances and the actors are taking salary cuts, according to insiders.

Renner, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, next appears in Ben Affleck's "The Town."

Marvel did not confirm that Renner is in negotiations.

Jeremy Renner near deal to join Marvel's 'Avengers'
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Not to get all geek, but Jeremy Renner was in an episode of "Angel," which was/is a Joss Whedon show... Loved him in "Unusuals." Wish that show was still on.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

In a statement sent in direct response to yesterday's story from the set of "Captain America" in London, Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige forwarded the following exclusively to HitFix:
    "We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel confirms they will hire new Hulk for The Avengers - HitFix.com
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Marvel brought out its all-star cast for its superhero team movie, The Avengers,” confirming Mark Ruffalo as the actor to play the Hulk.

The move was the topper to what was probably the most boisterous Comic Con panel of 2010, and followed closely by the incredibly well-received presentation for “Captain America” and “Thor.”

Samuel Jackson appeared on stage to introduce the initial “Avengers” cast: Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and then…Robert Downey Jr.

The crowd, already on their feet, became even more frenzied, as Downey took to the podium, asking them if they had seen “Inception.”

“That was the most ambitious movie I’ve ever seen,” he said. “Then I thought: Wait a Goddamned minute. Marvel is going to take all of their top superheroes and put them together in one movie. THAT is the most ambitious movie ever.”

He then brought Jeremy Renner, who is playing Hawkeye on stage, followed by, “Reprising his role as Bruce Banner…Mark Ruffalo!”

The crowd cheered and, despite the momentary lapse of uncomfortableness earlier in the panel (see below), it accepted the actor.

The movie’s director Joss Whedon then came out, addressing the crowd: “This is the 'Avengers.' They are more than the sum of its parts.”

He then said, “I’m going to blow it. I’m not up to it I’m very nervous. I need your love and your support.”

And through cheering and hollering, the crowd did indeed show him love and support. Earlier in the Marvel extravaganza -- which totally killed it as only Marvel can do it -- there was an uncomfortable moment when a fan came up to the microphone, pointed to Marvel Studios production head Kevin Feige (mangling his name) and yelled “Edward Norton!”

“He’s not here today, “ Feige said.

It looked like he was going to leave it at that but moderator Goeff Boucher prompted him to keep going.

"We love consistency, we love continuity, I think (Norton) said it best, ‘The Hulk is bigger than all of us," as he continued to quote Norton’s facebook statement from Hulk-Nortongate.

Mark Ruffalo completes 'Avengers' circle

• Infinitized!

Mark Ruffalo... interesting choice.

Is Cheadle in it? I thought he was reprising War Machine.

• Future Skipper

I approve!

• Infinitized!

I'm kind of hoping William Hurt reprises his General Ross in this one, just since Norton is gone and it still could tie the last movie into this one. Just so it doesn't feel too wierd.

• Ruthless Con Artist

Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
    This is still a rumor, it's unconfirmed. Although I hope it's true

I hope so too...Joss Whedon has got to be one of the best sci/fi/fantasy directors of the modern age: he'd know how to handle a superhero movie just right.
    Team Angelica

Ruthless con artist, master of disguises, the perfect pirate.

• Also cute and fluffy!

Can't wait for this, it's going to be great. Going to miss Norton as Bruce banner, but Ruffalo is a great replacement
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

• Infinitized!

First teaser:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAiGb1r-95I"]YouTube - ‪The Avengers [Teaser Trailer] [HD]‬‎[/ame]

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Studio pays $115 million for transfer of rights from Paramount.

Page 1
    UPDATED 8:03 p.m. PT, Monday, Oct. 18 2010

Having already pumped up its box-office market share thanks to its relationship with Marvel Studios, Paramount was guaranteed at least another $115 million Monday when it closed a deal with Disney to transfer worldwide marketing and distribution rights to Marvel’s “The Avengers” and “Iron Man 3” to the Burbank studio.

Disney purchased Marvel Entertainment for $4.24 billion last year, but Marvel’s current cycle of movies had been contracted for release through Paramount via a distribution deal in place when Disney entered the picture.

The Marvel distribution deal was one of Paramount chairman and CEO Brad Grey’s first major moves after taking over the Melrose Avenue studio in 2005, and Marvel’s comic book-derived tentpoles “Iron Man” and its sequel strategically filled the studio’s pipeline while the new regime readied its own franchises.

Now that Paramount has “Star Trek,” “Transformers” and new takes on “Mission: Impossible” and the Jack Ryan character in the works, it no longer needs the Marvel properties.

“Five years ago, when Paramount and Marvel made our initial deal, both our businesses were in very different places,” Grey said. “Today, this new agreement is the right deal for Paramount, for Marvel and for Disney. We look forward to working together on ‘Thor’ and ‘Captain America,’ and we wish Disney and Marvel the utmost success in what we know will be a very productive and wide-ranging partnership.”
    Disney to Distribute Marvel's 'The Avengers,' 'Iron Man 3' - The Hollywood Reporter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Studio pays $115 million for transfer of rights from Paramount.

Page 1
    UPDATED 8:03 p.m. PT, Monday, Oct. 18 2010

Disney to Distribute Marvel's 'The Avengers,' 'Iron Man 3' - The Hollywood Reporter
    I would had asked Disney for billion or two. This business decision reminds of a Mickey shirt I bought online for $85 bucks from Enemy...

Disney is so desperate for male-masculine audience, its not funny, they should had thought about making super-hero movies years ago or do male version of Disney Princess called Disney Prince or would that just bring a whole different audience (wink) =)
    Last edited by JMora; 10-19-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12