• Future Disney Imagineer

Question When does Beauty and the Beast 3-D come out?

missed its expected due date of this February planned since the last convention. When will it go into theaters? next February? I'm guessing that they will not show BATB 3D this year because it would interfere with the other disney films coming out this year in every season. I'm guessing it will come out next February after Tangled leaves theaters. Does anyone know for a fact and tell me that I'm right or wrong? Thanks, I just really want to see it.

Re: When does Beauty and the Beast 3-D come out?

I thought it was supposed to be sometime in the Fall?

• Not a Minion

I know a blu-ray release is slated for october. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a release slightly before that date, but after the summer blockbuster season.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    I know a blu-ray release is slated for october. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a release slightly before that date, but after the summer blockbuster season.
    Oh so do you think it would come out in September in theaters and then Blue ray and DVD in late October? That could be a possibility since theres some space between TS3 and Tangled to add that in.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    Oh so do you think it would come out in September in theaters and then Blue ray and DVD in late October? That could be a possibility since theres some space between TS3 and Tangled to add that in.
    Yup, but the keyword here is think. I think that it would come out in that time frame, but Disney hasn't released a final date. I originally heard a February date, but that never happened, and Im doubting a summer release or a release after the bluray release, so a September release is something that I see happening.

Just note, I'm purely speculating with educated guesses, so don't take my word as an official statement.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I asked Don Hahn about this and I actually don't remember what he said about the exact release date. I think it's intended for a 2011 Valentine's Day kind of thing and that they are working on it right now. He says it looks great.

Since Beauty and the Beast was colored and layered with the CAPS program, everything is already digitized for easy 3D transfer. I believe they're also playing around with bending things so that there's even more dimension than before. Not sure how that's going to look but I'm sure it'll be neat.

I think this is an IMAX 3D release if I'm not mistaken.

p.s. Any reason this thread is in the D23 section? Can I move it to the "Movies" section?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I asked Don Hahn about this and I actually don't remember what he said about the exact release date. I think it's intended for a 2011 Valentine's Day kind of thing and that they are working on it right now. He says it looks great.

I think this is an IMAX 3D release if I'm not mistaken.

p.s. Any reason this thread is in the D23 section? Can I move it to the "Movies" section?
    There's a Movies section? I never knew that! Can you show it to me, because i don't know how to find it. Or how to move a thread either.

• Senior Minion

I read somewhere awhile back that they wanted to wait for the film's 20th anniversary, which would be November 2011. Which for die-hard BatB fans like myself, just doesn't work, lol.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• The Study of Wumbo

I don't know why the Blu-ray/DVD release is this fall... the 19th Anniversary...
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])