• Banned User

Would this Marvel agreement effect the Spider-man ride at IOA?

Tell me your thoughts. I really hope not. That's the best ride ever...until Harry Potter or Transformers opens.

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Would this Marvel agreement effect the Spider-man ride at IOA?

That, among many other questions, is what has been and will be keeping the Disney company from moving very quickly with the Marvel deal.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Tell me your thoughts. I really hope not. That's the best ride ever...until Harry Potter or Transformers opens.
    There are issues to deal with, this isn't one of them:

Disney’s acquisition of Marvel is expected to have no effect on Universal Studios Florida, where visitors ride on attractions themed to Spider-Man and pose for photos with the Incredible Hulk at the Islands of Adventure theme park.

Our agreement with Marvel stands for as long as we follow the terms of our existing contract and for as long as we want there to be a Marvel Super Hero Island,” said Universal Studios Florida spokesman Tom Schroder.

Marvel Super Hero Island at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, across town from Walt Disney World in Orlando, includes the Incredible Hulk roller-coaster and the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man simulator ride as well walk-around characters such as Wolverine and Captain America.

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disney-marvel-theme--5246/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• The Study of Wumbo

@ALIASd

That's a good link, but if I remember correctly from the Magical Definition Podcast a week or two ago, there are deals worked out for each and every character on each sign, ride, and presentation, etc. And Disney just has to wait it out until they can get the characters out of Universal.

Unfortunately, I don't have very much evidence to back this up so let's just go with "Universal gets them" for now.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

woahwoahwoah.. spiderman ridee!?!?!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by brdwaybeauty View Post
    woahwoahwoah.. spiderman ridee!?!?!

Yes. Back in 1999 Universal opened the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. This ride has been considered by many to be one of the most incredible theme park rides in the world, including Disney rides. IT has won many awards. It is a dark tide that uses an unique ride system which takes you past large 3d screens and practical sets. There are all sorts of special effects too.

I have been on the attraction many times and it is one of the best in the world. It is imho the best ride in Orlando. The only Disney ride that comes close is Indiana Jones in Disneyland. Of coruse I should point out I have not been to Tokyo DIsney, so something there might be better.