• Wilderness Explorer

Thumbs up Michael Giacchino sneaks "Married Life" into "Land of the Lost"

I really hope this hasn't been posted, I searched all sorts of things but found nothing so here goes...

I just watched the (sort of) new "Land of the Lost" movie last night with my girlfriend.
    Listening to the film's score I thought "Hmmm this sounds a lot like the score from 'LOST'... I wonder if Michael Giacchino is the composer."
    I continued to watch the movie...

About 2/3 of the way into the movie they come across an Ice Cream truck that was playing a familiar little jingle.... then I realized... "WHOA! THAT'S 'MARRIED LIFE' FROM UP!!!!"
    My girlfriend didn't hear it so I demanded she rewind it to hear, and sure enough the Ice Cream Truck jingle was the tune Married Life from Up.
    And of course when the credits came up I saw Michael Giacchino and my suspicions were confirmed .

Anyway. I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but I didn't know where else to put it.
    Enjoy

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Michael Giacchino sneaks "Married Life" into "Land of the Lost"

oooo! Thanks for your keen ear! I'm one of the very few who is planning on watching that movie again, sometime in the future. I'll be sure to listen for "married life"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I guess I don't have to wait to watch the whole movie on video, I found it on Youtube! It's immediately at the beginning of this clip!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ksQUSRDwQ"]YouTube - Land Of The Lost Dinosaur[/ame]

By Golly! That's It!!!! I like Land of the Lost even more, now that I know part of "Married Life" is in the movie!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGiGHQeOqII&feature=related"]YouTube - UP: Carl and Ellie[/ame]

Oh, Here it is the entire clip, the Ice Cream Truck crashes in at about 40 seconds

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVVigCwTmk&NR=1"]YouTube- Land of the Lost Desert Chase Scene[/ame]

OH!!! I really don't know why more people didn't enjoy this movie, especially with that scene!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 04-22-2010 at 09:37 PM.

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I guess I don't have to wait to watch the whole movie on video, I found it on Youtube! It's immediately at the beginning of this clip!

YouTube - Land Of The Lost Dinosaur

By Golly! That's It!!!! I like Land of the Lost even more, now that I know part of "Married Life" is in the movie!

YouTube - UP: Carl and Ellie

Oh, Here it is the entire clip, the Ice Cream Truck crashes in at about 40 seconds

YouTube- Land of the Lost Desert Chase Scene

OH!!! I really don't know why more people didn't enjoy this movie, especially with that scene!
    Good find!!! I looked around on YouTube a bit but couldn't find it.
    Well-done

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'd rather not see anything from this movie again if I could help it. But good find. I missed it the first time.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Wow, I totally missed that! How cool! I watched it about two weeks ago... I must admit that some parts were hilarious, but I would definitely not watch the whole thing through again for a while.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 7.26.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 17

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Since were talking about Land of the Lost, I was hoping for cameos of the original cast in the new movie. They were shot! But, they ended up changing the end scene, and the cameo got cut. Here it a copy that never made it into the movie. It features both the original Wil and Holly!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcA6kOQ9yvI]YouTube - Land of the Lost cameo[/ame]

• The Study of Wumbo

That's really cool. Thanks for finding the clip on YouTube so I don't have to watch this movie now.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• The one and only

I love things like this.

John Williams did as similar thing in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, by working in a bit of "Snake Pit" from Indy into the scene with the basilisk.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

This movie is so hilarious, I actually bought it. I laugh every time I watch it too and it hasn't worn off yet. My only gripe is I wanted it to be a bit more family friendly but Danny McBride's character pushes the envelope too far on some scenes, as well does some of the stuff with Chaka. The feel of the movie is family friendly so I think the jokes could've been as well, even though towards the end it starts to act like a stoner movie. But I actually had no idea, my favorite composer, actually did this movie. That's a surprise to me that I didn't know that. And to know that bit, my second favorite score from him (the character death's on LOST is my number one) is in this film makes it just that more special. GREAT find. I would have NEVER noticed that.

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    GREAT find. I would have NEVER noticed that.
    haha thanks.
    Only a couple days after I bought Up, I hopped onto iTunes and purchased the soundtrack. I then listened to it pretty much nonstop over the next several days, so the tune is permanently ingrained into my head (not at all a bad thing).
    Also I have a knack for picking out tunes by simply a few notes .

Michael Giacchino is an amazing composer, and I can easily say he is my favorite.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I can't help but think that maybe they should try a "Land of the Lost" look for the new DCA entrance!

They could even have an ice cream truck playing "Married Life"!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Michael Giacchino is an amazing composer, and I can easily say he is my favorite.

Then you might consider taking a friday off, drive to LA for this:

What’s Opera, Doc? – Animation and Classical Music | Events Presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Awe, the disadvantage of not living near L.A. hits again.