Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Seasick

Re: Pixar out of new movie ideas?

Toy Story 2 was not a lazy cash-in, and until I have reason not to, I will give Pixar the benefit of the doubt when it comes to producing sequels.

I'd prefer an Incredibles sequel before Monsters Inc. or Cars personally. If any of the sequels is being made for the money, it's Cars. The merchandise income on that franchise is insane, but I honestly don't think Lasseter would allow it if he didn't feel there was a story worth telling.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Wilderness Explorer

Out of ideas?
    Until you see Toy Story 3, Cars 2, and Monsters Inc 2 and if they suck (which they won't) then you can say they're out of ideas.
    Considering how many amazing, original ideas they have, I think they're allowed to expand on previously created films.
    Also, Toy Story 3 and Monsters Inc 2 have both been in production since before Disney bought out Pixar, so that's not it.

I think the only disappointing announcement, for me, has been Cars 2.
    That's the one movie I never had any real emotional attachment to.
    But, Pixar has never done wrong, and I am 100% confident that they will produce a great film as always.

One movie I would like to see a sequel of is The Incredibles. In fact, that's one of the few Pixar movies that I've wanted a sequel of from the beginning.
    I'm really interested to see where Monsters Inc 2 will go.
    And of course, I'm pissing my pants in excitement over Toy Story 3. From what I've heard, it's their best movie yet (but I think it'll be hard to beat Up).

Besides, there are "new movies" coming out, they just haven't been announced yet.
    Pete Docter has already confirmed that he is working on a new, unannounced "original" Pixar project. And I'm sure he isn't the only one.

So, run out of new movie ideas?
    No.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I gotta say, when I saw the previews for CARS, that was the first time the record player needle jumped because that really made my warning lights go off.

But you know what? I'm a major contributor to the billion dollar behemoth of a toy franchise it is now. I even bought them before I saw the movie... which so far, has not happened with any other Pixar movie to date! That's how big these toys were.

And, I happen to really love the movie. It took a few viewings to get there, but the point being, it gets better with subsequent viewing. I honestly can't say that about Shrek.

Regarding all of Pixar films, what they didn't do is pidgeon hole themselves into a story that can be summarized with a "The End". They created huge incredible worlds! Every film can be expanded... even if it's not with the same characters. And that's the success of Pixar.

I'm with everyone in that I would PREFER to see more original films coming out of that studio but I don't mind revisiting those worlds again either. Monsters Inc / Monstropolis is actually a film that is more deserving of its own land than Cars is.

Although... my least favorite Pixar short happens to be Mike's New Car.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Although... my least favorite Pixar short happens to be Mike's New Car.
    Ditto. Geri's Game is still my favorite. No coincidence it was paired with my favorite Pixar Animated Movie.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Here is a nice article from Blue Sky Disney about this subject.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.11.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Disney made pixar make toy story 3 along with all the other sequels dont blame pixar

• MiceChat Moderator

Here's a very lengthy video conversation with Ed Catmull, head of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation. It was posted last week but I don't think it's been passed around.

Inside Pixar's Leadership.

Inside Pixar’s Leadership Scott Berkun

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Disney made pixar make toy story 3 along with all the other sequels dont blame pixar
    I read that before Disney had purchased Pixar, they were planning on making Toy Story 3... and that's probably what inspired them to make Toy Story 3 after being purchased by Disney...

But I really don't think Pixar would be "forced" into make sequels.
    Especially if they didn't originally have any good ideas for them.
    Pixar is an amazing company filled with extremely creative people, I don't think they would be forced into writing a creative story.

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by KEBSD View Post
    Here is a nice article from Blue Sky Disney about this subject.
    By the way, very good article.
    Good read and very appropriate to the topic of this thread

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Why thank you! It does seem suspiciously similar... maybe the writer reads MiceChat! We are quite inspirational here

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.11.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by llarch View Post
    The next 3 out of 4 Pixar movies are sequels;

TS3
    Cars 2
    Brave
    Monsters 2

Seems a little strange...
    What it says to me is that Disney is trolling for dollars. Last year was kinda tough for the company. Frankly, I don't think its latest film slate, with sequels, a movie named "Prom" (gahhhk) and Muppets sounds so hot either. The first two items in particular smell like flop sweat. Disney is reaching for what it thinks are safer, more reliable projects, especially projects it's essentially done before (sequels of past hits, and of course "Prom" = "High School Musical"). As a result, there's not a single film in its current lineup that I'm excited about. That's unusual for me. I was very anxious to see "Princess and the Frog" and "Alice In Wonderland". Both were rather disappointing, but I don't think that's the reason Disney's future projects are failing to interest me. It's just that the lineup is uninspired and uninspiring. Disney is even remaking "Black Hole" and "Tron", for crying out loud. Instead of buying characters, Disney ought to try buying some fresh ideas. Wouldn't hurt.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Magenta Panther View Post
    What it says to me is that Disney is trolling for dollars. Last year was kinda tough for the company. Frankly, I don't think its latest film slate, with sequels, a movie named "Prom" (gahhhk) and Muppets sounds so hot either. The first two items in particular smell like flop sweat. Disney is reaching for what it thinks are safer, more reliable projects, especially projects it's essentially done before (sequels of past hits, and of course "Prom" = "High School Musical"). As a result, there's not a single film in its current lineup that I'm excited about. That's unusual for me. I was very anxious to see "Princess and the Frog" and "Alice In Wonderland". Both were rather disappointing, but I don't think that's the reason Disney's future projects are failing to interest me. It's just that the lineup is uninspired and uninspiring. Disney is even remaking "Black Hole" and "Tron", for crying out loud. Instead of buying characters, Disney ought to try buying some fresh ideas. Wouldn't hurt.

Just to set it straight, it's not a "remake" of Tron. It's a sequel to a Disney original so I actually applaud them for having the guts to tackle something that is completely in the realm of science fiction... especially since the first one was technically a flop. And it's actually fresher than their big summer movie Prince of Persia which... I dunno, seems uninteresting.

But let's keep this on topic of Pixar shall we?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Quote Originally Posted by llarch View Post
    The next 3 out of 4 Pixar movies are sequels;

TS3
    Cars 2
    Brave
    Monsters 2

Seems a little strange...
    Isnt "Newt" on Pixars line up too? It's premise seems like classic Pixar.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Yes, Very nice read

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I don't have any problem with Pixar making quality sequels. While I'm not thrilled that 3 of the 4 upcoming films are all sequels, they do all seem like surefire hits. Which is, I'm sure, part of the reason why they are being made.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast