Thread: Jarhead

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Jarhead

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie! Not only is it directed by Sam Mendes, it features Jake Gyllenhaal, too. Anybody else planning to see it?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Jarhead

I really want to but I know that I won't.
    Kid had a Marine friend who just made it home from Iraq - unfortunately, the rest of his squad was killed in a roadside bombing.
    I've seen real pictures - it's still a bit to close for me.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I'm normally pretty meh on war movies. But, I'm a huge fan of Jake Gyllenhaal, and Sam Mendes is a genius. I may make an exception.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Happy Memories

I'm deffinitely interested. There is a pretty good article in the latest Entertainment Weekly.

• Man O Lantern

I'll see it solely to gaze upon Jake's eyes.

It looks great, and has good buzz. People don't usually know this about me.....but I've loved most contemporary "war" movies. Unless Meg Ryan or Demi are in them, that is. I'll see it....hopefully soon. So many movies, so little time!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

My hubby and I are supposed to see this this weekend. But if not, next weekend. I looks like a really good film. From what I read, it is no your typical war movie.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• oh bugger

I'm gonna go see it tonight. Strangely enough it seems the main complaint from critics is that it isn't political enough... I was kinda worried it would be too political. I'll keep my politics to CNN, and my entertainment in theaters.

• Waiting for the stork

I usual avoid movies dealing with war (at least in the theater, I rent them to watch at home), they make me so sad, but this one looks really interesting, I absolutly will see it.
    procrastibating

I'd like to see it, but my dad isn't too interested, and my mom HATES violent movies, and its rated R, so I can't see it without a parent with me. Maybe I'll just wait for it on DVD. I hear its really good though.
    Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.