Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

Repunzel Unbraided Visuals

For all those who liked the Repunzel images on JimHillMedia, there are even more photos of this movie found here. This film looks simply beautiful. I am amazed at how they achieved a hand-painted effect with CGI. And for all those who are going to say you don't like the plot, just take a little time to stop the complaining and actually look at these images.

*This is a thread to talk about the visuals in Repunzel Unbraided, nothing else

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Repunzel Unbraided Visuals

Gorgeous! Look at that spray of freckles! Thank you in advance Glen Keane!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• oh bugger

Thanks for sharing, those pics are pretty impressive, a lot of the artwork in that thread is great but the Repunzel animation is just stunning.

• meganmegaphone

Wow. When I heard it was going to be CGI, I was worries, but not any more. It's beautiful! I love the screen shot with the faries! There is so much expression and personality in her face!

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

The animation for this movie looks awesome, and with Kristen Chenoweth as the voice of Repunzel, it's bound to be a musical! can't wait until this hits the big screen.
    <o>

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I managed to conjur up an article about RAPUNZEL UNBRAIDED a while back--inside our crystal ball. It mentioned how much Glen Keane, the supervising animator, really intended this film to become a more traditional sort of Disney film--in the classic vein of SNOW WHITE.

ORWEN: We went on to read that the producer of the film wanted to take the movie in a more 'hip and edgy' direction--a direction that certainly didn't sound very appealing as we read more of the article. Can you believe that--at one point--they even considered having animals act out the parts of the main characters? And that Rapunzel would have been a squirrel with a long tail--instead of a young girl with long hair? All a witch can say to THAT idea is YUCK!!

ORDDU: At this point, though, it sounds as though the producer has an idea to confuse and convolute the story by making it focus more on two, modern teenagers--who are suffering from all sorts of romantic stress. Supposedly there's this witch who becomes tired of overhearing their constant arguments. So, she casts a spell that transfers then into the story of RAPUNZEL--supposedly to teach them a lesson.

ORWEN: I'm not sure if the two teens are supposed to BECOME Rapunzel and her prince--or just meet up with them. Either way, it's a dumb idea that wastes too much time and slows down the pace of the story. Plus it would detract from the main plot.

ORDDU: And what a glorious 'main plot' the original story has! There's no need to inject any sort of modern theme into such a beautiful story. I'm afraid their attempts to do this will only make the film fail--regardless of how beautiful the visuals are.

ORWEN: Aside from that, Glen Keane will be the one who gets blamed for whatever goes wrong--even though it wasn't HIS idea to take the story in the direction he's being forced to go with it. I just wish they'd drop the UNBRAIDED from the title, too! The fact that they're toying around with THAT kind of says it all. RAPUNZEL was always one of my favorite fairy tales and it will be very sad if they go and muck up what was supposed to be a moving tale--just to please one lousy producer with crazy ideas that don't match what the average lover of fairy tales wants to see...

• meganmegaphone

Quote Originally Posted by DLCM
    The animation for this movie looks awesome, and with Kristen Chenoweth as the voice of Repunzel, it's bound to be a musical! can't wait until this hits the big screen.
    Yay! I love her! I hope it does end up being a musical!

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• Disney Memory Maker

Yay! I love her! I hope it does end up being a musical!
    Me too. Disney musicals are the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORDDU: My sisters and I managed .................................................. lover of fairy tales wants to see...
    Let me repost the orginal post of this thread (which is titled Repunzel Unbraided Visuals)...
    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    This is a thread to talk about the visuals in Repunzel Unbraided, nothing else
    -Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Where's my other cent?

WOW. That shot of the tower looks like a Thomas Kinkade painting. When is this coming out?

• /sigh

Why is this the first I'm hearing about this film?! It looks beautiful!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Disney Memory Maker

EDIT: Speaking of Repunzel and musicals, Dan Fogler will be providing the lead male voice in this movie

• Directly directed

I'm so excited for this movie to come out! I love Kristin Chenoweth and for the record I loved her before she was in wicked, and I really admire Reese Witherspoon. It looks absolutely fantastic!!

• Creative Director

I'll say it again, Chicken Little is the film that will start the new path of CGI films for Feature Animation, but when i see the production work for American Dog, Wilbur Robinson, and especially Repunzel, and just talking visuals, these are the films that are going to put Disney back on the map.
    I am really excited about these.

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite
    I'll say it again, Chicken Little is the film that will start the new path of CGI films for Feature Animation
    What exactly does that mean? If you're insinuating CL is going to be the new standard, I'd say you need to raise your standards a bit. CL fails to wow on any level - visually or in story. A mediocre movie at best, an flop at worst...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    What exactly does that mean? If you're insinuating CL is going to be the new standard, I'd say you need to raise your standards a bit. CL fails to wow on any level - visually or in story. A mediocre movie at best, an flop at worst...
    While a disagree with you on your opinion of the film, I am NOT saying Chicken Little is the new standard. I just meant that it is the first film for Disney's start with pure CGI for feature animation. I am not saying it is setting the standard. Mainly, the visuals for the upcoming films really get me excited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast