Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Lets say nice things about Chicken Little.

Their are many threads out their saying Chicken Little should or will do bad. I honestly think it really looks good and may want to see it. Anyone else thinks it looks good?

• keep moving forward...

Re: Lets say nice things about Chicken Little.

it looks cute and funny, im just hoping it does ok so they stay in the 2-d buissnes

• no flash photography...

I think he's cute and the movie looks pretty good, but it is a cartoon. I just watched cinderella and I was like WTF...this is suppose to be good!!??!!...when it was over I just said..ok??...and out it on the I will never watch it again dvd shelf.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I think he's cute and the movie looks pretty good, but it is a cartoon. I just watched cinderella and I was like WTF...this is suppose to be good!!??!!...when it was over I just said..ok??...and out it on the I will never watch it again dvd shelf.
    Mind giving your DVD to me? Cinderella is a beautiful film.

•   
    • Minion

As I have been saying... The film is stock character driven... Everyone can tell that Disney Consumer Products is having the time of their lives with this... This isn't a bad thing, after all they could be producing a film with characters that are NOT as marketable as they could be... That is the upside...
    Check out my other blog:

• Rock Star Minion

Who came up with those hip and edgy character names? it seems not unlike the origin of "Poochie" in the Simpsons' Itchy and Scratchy cartoon-within-a-cartoon.

Here, pasted from snpp.com, for your remembering pleasure:

Lady: We at the network want a dog with attitude. He's edgy, he's "in your face." You've heard the expression "let's get busy"? Well, this is a dog who gets "biz-zay!" Consistently and thoroughly.
    Krusty: So he's proactive, huh?
    Lady: Oh, God, yes. We're talking about a totally outrageous paradigm.
    Meyer: Excuse me, but "proactive" and "paradigm"? Aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use to sound important? [backpedaling] Not that I'm accusing you of anything like that. [pause] I'm fired, aren't I?
    Myers: Oh, yes.
    Meyer: The rest of you start writers thinking up a name for this funky dog; I dunno, something along the line of say... Poochie, only more proactive.
    Krusty: Yeah!
    [Myers, Krusty and the lady leave]
    Oakley: So, Poochie okay with everybody?
    All: [reclining in their chairs] Yeah...
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• ...lurks...

I am gonna say a nice thing about chicken little:

A nice thing about chicken little.

Ok, on a serious note- I don't care what anyone says about chicken little- I have not had the time to go see it, once I do, I am sure I'll have an opinion either way, good or bad.

I generally take what the movie reviewers say about a movie (like from actual movie critics) and do the opposite. If they say the movie blows chunks, I go see it, it usually rocks! If they say it's great, it usually blows chunks.

Either way, even that method is not 100% on the money- but largely it holds true. My suggestion is: don't say anything about it, 'til you've seen it. What I like others may not, and what others may like, I may not.

• Minion

The other thread posts the Rotten Tomatoes link but this is my favorite and much easier to maneuver since they list the reviews in order of the rating. So far, CL is holding at 50 which isn't bad but not very good considering Wallace & Gromit got an 84.

I really am puzzled about so much negativity on these boards recently. It appears to be a peculiar trait among Americans to rejoice in tearing down something that has attained a certain status. Disney himself was well aware of the public opinion and all the hate mail that could flood the studio when the majority felt he'd crossed the line. The main reason that Mickey Mouse was emasculated and became a studio icon that lost his personality by the '40s.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/chickenlittle

• Oh, the cleverness of me.

I think it looks like a great movie and can't wait to go see it. I hope it does well just so that Disney doesn't think it has to rely on Pixar to put out good films. I like Pixar and everything, but let's see some more original Disney movies!
    <o>

• Vehicle rotating backward

I won a grocery store promotion for two free movie tickets, so I guess I'll go and use one to see this flick. I have no expectations, high or low.

3D? Maybe, but probably not. There's one cinema doing it in 3D in this valley of 2 million people.

• Disney Memory Maker

I think this film looks hysterical. The animation looks wonderful (it has that perfect toony feel that no other CGI film has) and the story looks excellent. I will be seeing it in 3D this Sunday, so I'll be able to tell what I think then.

Either way, how can you resist a dancing chicken (or porkupine)?

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I really am puzzled about so much negativity on these boards recently.
    1. I might be wrong, but I don't think MiceChat is getting the number of posts it used to... It is still getting plenty of traffic mind you... But the frequency of posting is way down... I am speculating it is because a) Eisner is gone, b) Roy settled and SaveDisney is gone, c) 50th celibration is come and gone, and d) Ouimet and his crew are listening...

2. I think MiceChat always have been critical... We try to be constructive about that critism... But there is this specter of Eisner about and people are asking, "Has Disney really changed under Iger?" Is it still the same old stuff but packaged in CGI and now in 3D... It is more of a shame that many people expect Disney Animation, like other parts of it's film endevors of the last 10 years, to underachieve...

The truth is this: 3D Digitial Projection is SIGNIFICANT enough to make this movie important...
    Check out my other blog:

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Lets say nice things about Chicken Little.

What's not to like about Chicken Little? I want to see this movie so bad. I can't wait to see what twists are given to a favorite children's story. A couple of other things a Disney fan has to love about this movie without even seeing it:

1. There was a short made about the story a long time ago. not sure what the actual title was but I remember seeing it several times during my childhood on the Disney channel during Mouseterpiece theatre

2. Welcome back Don Knotts! Don Knotts returns to Disney as the voice of the town mayor, Turkey Lurkey. You may remember seeing Don in Disney live action flicks, such as The Apple Dumpling Gang.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• time to go

Sad Re: Lets say nice things about Chicken Little.

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I really am puzzled about so much negativity on these boards recently. It appears to be a peculiar trait among Americans to rejoice in tearing down something that has attained a certain status.
    The schadenfraude I believe you're sensing over Chicken Little's negative reviews, is primarily driven by the frustration of Disney fans over the dismantling of Feature Animation, and the demise of 2-D films.

Disney fans felt quite betrayed when hundreds of traditional animators lost their jobs, because WDC embraced the shortsighted philosophy that only CGI had a profitable future in their studios. Whether or not the "New and Improved CGI WDFA" can be as successful as the "Resurrected WDFA of the Nineties under Katzenberg" remains to be seen. But I feel the "negativity" is nothing but an all-too-human reaction to the new kid on the block, who's currently perceived as a bully, going around the school yard and doling out atomic wedgies.

• Circle of Ancients

When I see Chicken Little (most likely not until DVD) and I like it I will take back everything I said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast