View Poll Results: What did you think of Inception?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 Stars (One of the best movies of the year)

29 64.44%
  • 4 Stars (A cool summer movie)

10 22.22%
  • 3 Stars (It was ok)

6 13.33%
  • 2 Stars (I was expecting a LOT more)

0 0%
  • 1 Star (Don't believe the hype)

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inception

• Circle of Ancients

Inception

I thought we had a thread for this movie but I couldn't find it.

Finally saw the full trailer before Iron Man 2 and I think it looks absolutely AMAZING. Seriously, this may now be my most anticipated movie of the summer. The trailer revealed just enough to get my hyped but not too much to give anything away. This might be one to spring the extra $$ for IMAX on.

I think Christopher Nolan has another great movie on his hands. Well, I hope he does.

Here is the trailer:

Inception - Movie Trailers - iTunes

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Inception

It'd be good for IMAX if he filmed some scenes with an IMAX camera again. If not, I'll definitely see it at the regular theater - twice - then buy on Blu.

• Infinitized!

Just watched the trailer. Haha, Ellen Page. I get a kick out of seeing her. She started her career on my favourite show: Trailer Park Boys. Who would've thought Trina Lahey would make it big in Hollywood.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I keep singing "The Dream Police" every time I see the trailer. Where's Cheap Trick when you need them?

I'll be there, Clinks, too, when this movie opens.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Just watched the trailer. Haha, Ellen Page. I get a kick out of seeing her. She started her career on my favourite show: Trailer Park Boys. Who would've thought Trina Lahey would make it big in Hollywood.
    One day, I shall make Ellen Page my bride.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Circle of Ancients

Here is the full trailer that I saw with Iron Man.

New trailer released for Inception. You MUST watch this.

Inception Trailer: Your Mind May Explode, From the Inside - Film School Rejects

• time to go

Now that more is known of the plot, the more it definitely sounds like Paprika. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

This movie seems to be flying under the radar, but I am reaaaallly looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of Christopher Nolan's movie Memento and this seems to be kind of a similar mind twisting type of movie with really great acting.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Jerry Bruckheimer is the biggest producer in the world, has an untouchable track record (not counting "Kangaroo Jack") and has two mega-budgeted tentpoles coming out this summer: "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice."

But even he is a little bit apprehensive about going head-to-head against "Inception," Christopher Nolan's new movie. Both films open July 16.

"That is going to be interesting," the reserved producer said at the "Persia" premiere last night. "I wish we were up against nobody, but we’re not. (Nolan's) a great filmmaker."

Last night was Bruckheimer-palooza in Hollywood, with the "Persia" bow, a hand and feet cement ceremony and a mini-film festival for the producer.

"Apprentice" vs. "Inception" might not as big of a contest as you'd think. The two films will chase different audiences, with "Apprentice" angling for kids and families and "Inception" the big-city, mature crowd. But Nolan is coming off the highest-grossing film of 2008 ("Dark Knight"), so there will be four-quadrant curiosity about his latest pic. If the Warners marketing machine can sway teens into thinking "Inception" is the event movie of the year, Bruckheimer might need to conjure up some magic to compete.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/05/jerry-bruckheimer-a-little-worried-about-christopher-nolan-and-inception-1.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disneyland PAP

Prince of Persia wasn't even on my radar until I got a Disney enewsletter recently that linked to a video about the princess in it, played by Gemma Arterton from Quantum of Solace and Clash of the Titans. Now I'm interested! But only after I watch Inception. I like how it's been under the radar. As successful as Christopher Nolan's been, hype that builds up expectations just invites disaster for audiences who might expect too much or something different (I'm guilty of that!).

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I think they'll come to a very close tie but maybe people are going to get tired of Jay Baruchel or whatever his name is. He's playing the same type in 3 movies in less than a 5 month span (yes, I'm counting Dragon). Plus, Apprentice kinda just looks like Percy Jackson, Clash of the Titans & Harry Potter rolled into one. I, however, will see it at the drive in, after I see Inception at a midnight release.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I want to get excited about the movie, some of the effects look cool, but I'm not sure I can put my dislike of DiCaprio aside long enough to watch it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

First industry trade review:

Bottom Line: A devilishly complicated, fiendishly enjoyable sci-fi voyage across a dreamscape that is thoroughly compelling.

In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes "Inception," easily the most original movie idea in ages.

Now "original" doesn't mean its chases, cliffhangers, shoot-outs, skullduggery and last-minute rescues. Movies have trafficked in those things forever. What's new here is how writer-director Christopher Nolan repackages all this with a science-fiction concept that allows his characters to chase and shoot across multiple levels of reality.

This is, in some ways, a con-game movie, only the action takes place entirely within the characters' minds while they dream.

Following up on such ingenious and intriguing films as "The Dark Knight" and "Memento," Nolan has outdone himself. "Inception" puts him not only at the top of the heap of sci-fi all-stars, but it also should put this Warner Bros. release near or at the top of the summer movies. It's very hard to see how a film that plays so winningly to so many demographics would not be a worldwide hit.

full review at:
    Inception -- Film Review

3/4/09
    http://micechat.com/forums/movies/11...inception.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Circle of Ancients

Glad the reviews are looking good so far.

As for it going up against "Sorcerers Apprentice" ... I think Apprentice looks absolutely horrid and I for one have no desire to see it. In fact, I don't think anybody in our family has the desire to see it. It's a for-sure rental for us.

• Disneyland PAP

I saw that tickets were finally available online last night at my local IMAX theatre. Six tickets sold for this Sunday's matinee - dead center!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast