• Infinitized!

The Marvel Movie Plot Timeline

After seeing Iron Man 2 this evening, I was wondering, how is the plot timeline now for the Marvel movies?

So far it's like this as I see it:
    • Iron Man
    • Iron Man 2
    • Thor
    • Captain America
    • Avengers
    • Iron Man 3 and other Marvel sequels including a Nick Fury movie.
    I'm stuck where to put Incredible Hulk. When Tony Stark had his quick bar meeting with General Ross, when did that happen in the timeline? After seeing Iron Man 2, it seems like it takes place somewhere in-between IM2 and The Avengers (based on the way Tony was acting in IM2 and in Hulk). And Captain America may have events taking place before Iron Man. So... any ideas? Discuss.

• Happy Memories

Re: The Marvel Movie Plot Timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    And Captain America may have events taking place before Iron Man. So... any ideas? Discuss.
    Not sure where Hulk fits in, but Captain America will definitely have events predating everything we've already seen. As I understand it's partially, possibly mostly a period piece set back when Cap was first created for WWII. I'm not sure how much of his solo film will show his transition into the modern world.

I could be wrong on some of that, but that's the way most of the sights I follow are reporting it.

• Also cute and fluffy!

The Incredible Hulk happens simultaneously as Iron man 2, at least for the most part. If you notice towards the end when he is talking to Nick Fury at the SHIELD base, they are showing the news footage about the Hulk fight with the government where he destroys the tank. So its safe to presume that the first half of that movie at least happens at the same time as Iron Man 2, and then the second half takes place after it. And part of Thor as well would be taking place at the same time as Iron Man 2 as well, at least until hes cast out onto earth. So I think it should look like:

-Captain America (WWII part)
    -Iron Man
    -Iron Man 2, Thor, Hulk (aspects of each all take place at the same time)
    -Thor, Hulk (the last halves of both movies should run parallel)
    -Captain America (Bookends at the beginning and end where they find Cap)
    -The Avengers
    -Iron Man 3, Antman, and S.H.I.E.L.D.

At least thats what my understanding of it is...
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by pj_campbell View Post
    The Incredible Hulk happens simultaneously as Iron man 2, at least for the most part. If you notice towards the end when he is talking to Nick Fury at the SHIELD base, they are showing the news footage about the Hulk fight with the government where he destroys the tank. So its safe to presume that the first half of that movie at least happens at the same time as Iron Man 2, and then the second half takes place after it. And part of Thor as well would be taking place at the same time as Iron Man 2 as well, at least until hes cast out onto earth. So I think it should look like:

-Captain America (WWII part)
    -Iron Man
    -Iron Man 2, Thor, Hulk (aspects of each all take place at the same time)
    -Thor, Hulk (the last halves of both movies should run parallel)
    -Captain America (Bookends at the beginning and end where they find Cap)
    -The Avengers
    -Iron Man 3, Antman, and S.H.I.E.L.D.

At least thats what my understanding of it is...
    Great deduction! This morning I found an article on Comics Alliance that breaks down IM2 and addresses the timing between it and the 2nd Hulk movie. They cite news footage you did…

In Nick Fury's office when he is meeting with Tony Stark, a screen shows live news footage. This footage is from a news report seen in the film "Incredible Hulk", so the events of "Iron Man 2" are happening simultaneous to that film. In the final scene of "The Incredible Hulk", which takes place at least a month after the main story of the movie, Tony Stark shows up and seems to speak about the Avengers Initiative. In that same scene, Tony implies that by that time he is an official part of the Initiative, since he asks General Ross, "What if I told you we were putting a team together?"

• Also cute and fluffy!

I guess paying close attention to detail pays off sometimes XD

But that really should be just about how the movies run, at least until they start doing other movies, which at that point they could be anywhere in the timeline...But i'm hoping it stays more like this. I don't want them to make it really convulted like in the comics :P I just want us to have a fully expanded comicbook universe on screen! But like I said, from all the interviews, movies, and general deducing, that timeline should be overly solid to what we are looking at. Now that they are talking about Black Panther, where would he fit in...?

And did anyone notice the map in Iron Man 2, during the same scene as the Hulk footage? Its a world map with dots where different superheros have been scene. One looked like Africa (Black Panther), some over in Europe, one in the midwest (Thor), LA (Iron Man), NYC (Hulk), and theres a bunch more dots too. One was in the middle of the Ocean (Cap's body? Or Namor?) Just some food for thought
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

• Disneyland PAP

^ LOL, you reminded me of another website that analyzed that map too. You sure you're not just reading these sites first and then coming here to say they're your own ideas. j/k

What Iron Man 2 Tells Us About the Line-Up for The Avengers - Film School Rejects

• Also cute and fluffy!

Haha no, it was just I saw the movie twice and I'm a Marvel guy so I like to see the little things they show for the fans :P So the first time I went I just watched the movie and the second time I looked for all those little easter eggs, and the ones I noticed more than anything was everything in the SHIELD office more than anything. My geekiness gets the better of me sometimes :P
    Walt Disney