View Poll Results: Did you see Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" and will you be purchasing the Video?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have seen the movie in the theater AND I am planning to purchase the video

19 44.19%
  • I have seen the movie in the theater AND I am NOT planning to purchase the video

12 27.91%
  • I have NOT seen the movie in the theater AND I am planning to purchase the video

4 9.30%
  • I have NOT seen the movie in the theater AND I am NOT planning to purchase the video

8 18.60%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Did you see Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" and will you be purchasing the Vid

I watched the first 30 mins and walked out. Didnt like it. I thought the color of the movie was terrible.

• Minion

Re: Did you see Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" and will you be purchasing the Vid

Did not see the movie in the theater. Will not likely buy the DVD. Will wait to see it on TV.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    I watched the first 30 mins and walked out. Didnt like it. I thought the color of the movie was terrible.
    It's a stylistic choice on Burton's part to make the human world less lively than Wonderland.

I saw it in the theater and will not purchase the bluray or dvd. It was a fun distraction but not something I'd want to spend more time with. All I can think of is the futterwacken and it immediately turns me off.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    The colorization was one of my favorite things about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I saw it in the theater, but it was such a horribly dull and mediocre film, I won't buy it. I won't miss the film at all if I never see it again.

• Closed Account

I don't know........I a little torn! Hmmmmmmm!? What do you guys think I should do?

Saw it at the El Cap in 3D, wished I had seen it in non 3D too, plan on seeing it again on July 21st in San Pedro Grand Warner Theater and yes buying it on BluRay.

It has surpassed the $1 billion dollar revenue globally now!!! I believe we shall be hearing more from Mr. Burton and his teaming up with Disney!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I had the sad misfortune of seeing it in the theatre. I hated it. It was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. Nothing in this world could ever persuade me to pick it up on BluRay. Or DVD.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Mickey Ear Biter

I only saw it in a traditonal theatre (aka not 3D) and I throughly enjoyed the experience.

I am still undecided if I want to own it however. If I do buy it, it is only to watch my favorite scenes of Helena.

I think all the hate for the female stems from people's internal expectations not being met (everyone had them-- even if they don't admit it!)

I think Burton took a classic and made it his own. I applaud him for his bravery (and consdering the many negative reactions, he was brave indeed)
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's a stylistic choice on Burton's part to make the human world less lively than Wonderland.

I saw it in the theater and will not purchase the bluray or dvd. It was a fun distraction but not something I'd want to spend more time with. All I can think of is the futterwacken and it immediately turns me off.
    I agree with you again. The look of the movie was intesting, and some CGI done with the characters was interesting. But I really didn't care for Depp's mad hatter, didn't really care for the Alice in this version, either.

I was expecting more fun from tweedle dee and tweedle dum, and in fact, was expecting more fun from ALL the characters. The entire movie just didn't live up to the hype, nor was it as fanciful as I was expecting. The characters were rather ugly looking, and I was expecting them to be charming in one way or another, but that was missing for most of the characters.

• Circle of Ancients

Saw it twice in theaters and I am planning to purchase the movie on Blu Ray.

• King of Los Angeles

I saw the movie in 3d Imax and in 2d in the theater, and will buy the movie on Blu-Ray the day it comes out. I think Burton and Woolverton created a very layered narrative that provided a visually stimulating and interesting take on life and our expectations of what it should be. Alice's journey from dull and lifeless and routine to fulfilling her potential and believing the impossible is one I want to relive over and over. That said, I will fastforward through the futterwacken.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

After read most of the comments...
    Make me glad ,I did not wast my money, going to see it.....
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• MC State Comptroller

I did not see it, have no desire to see it and will actively do anything to avoid EVER seeing it!

My feelings on Tim Burton and the last few movies he's made can be summed up by paraphrasing what Orson Welles said when asked about Ted Turner's colorization process. . .

"Keep Tim Burton and his twisted gothic acid trips away from my favorite childhood films!"
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

We passed on seeing it in the theater, I was afraid parts of it might be too scary for the kid. So we promised him we'd buy the dvd or blu-ray when it came out.

• King of Los Angeles

It does get a little dark in parts, but overall has a pretty redeeming message.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast