• King of Los Angeles

Disney Jumps to "Light Speed"

"Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films have paid $3.5 million for Terry Rossio ("Pirates of the Caribbean" & "National Treasure" films) and Bill Marsilii's epic space adventure Light Speed, reports Variety.

The two writers previously teamed for the Denzel Washington-starrer Deja Vu, which earned $180 million worldwide.

Light Speed centers on a young pilot who makes the Earth Interstellar Racing Team and must take his ship on a perilous journey across the galaxy on the brink of war."

Disney and Bruckheimer Go for Light Speed - ComingSoon.net

I'm all for original stories. They are few and far between these days.
    Last edited by BuzzedLightyear; 05-25-2010 at 01:52 PM.

• Disneyland PAP

Re: Disney Jumps to "Light Speed"

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    I'm all for original stories. they are few and far between these days.
    Amen! Ever since the opening scene in Toy Story 2, I've been hoping for Disney to do a good film set in space. I'm excited to see this. (Not all that excited about the 3D part, but I guess we're gonna be stuck with that for a while.)

• far, far away from DL

Sounds like it might be pretty interesting.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Could this in anyway be related to an-of-rumored Tomorrowland Movie?

Timekeeper

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I like Terry's work and it's nice to see screenwriters getting acknowledgement and some kick-butt paychecks too. And an original story...that's a welcome change.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I love space themes. Don't know if it is a good script or not, but it sounds promising enough.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• King of Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    Could this in anyway be related to an-of-rumored Tomorrowland Movie?

Timekeeper
    That was a Tommorowland project set up with The Rock starring and scripted by Jon Lucas and Scott Moore who wrote The Hangover. Sounded a little cheesy, but could have been cool. More project details can be found here - Tomorrowland Movie Details Revealed | /Film.

5/17/09
    "The film, which appears to be officially titled Tomorrowland after all, is a fish out of water sci-fi action adventure comedy with a modern day test pilot named Rip (The Rock), who gets transported 350 years into the future while testing a new concept plane.

The future is not dark, gritty or post-apocalyptic, but instead a fantastic place where every gadget or device is cooler than you expected it to be. In my previous article, I wished that the film would be set in a retro future, the 1960’s version of tomorrow, but it seems like that isn’t the plan.

Rip is stranded in the future, and must “figure out how everything works”. A misunderstanding causes the people of the future to believe that Rip is some evil bad guy trying to destroy their time. “So Rip is sort of on the run.” Moore, speaking about the film’s tone, called it “Pirates [of the Caribbean] in space.”

Disney is on the 3D bandwaggon, and this seems like another perfect project for that technology. It sounds like the film is still early in the developmental stages. Moore expects to turn in a draft of the screenplay in early June, but is unsure if the film will be fast tracked into production or go through another series of drafts (the latter is probably more likely)."