• King of Los Angeles

The Great and Powerful Oz

Seems Timur Bekmambetov is looking like a possible director for Disney's Mitchell Kapner-scripted origin story The Great and Powerful Oz. Robert Downey Jr. was in talks to play Oz himself originally so this could be a cool project. I still think Sam Mendes would have been the best choice.

‘Alice’ Hits $1 Billion Mark As Disney And Other Studios Tap Public Domain Tales – Deadline.com
    Last edited by BuzzedLightyear; 05-27-2010 at 01:44 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: The Great and Powerful Oz

Interesting that the article also mentions the idea of that "Jungle Cruise" movie.

I'm hearing Disney has been flirting with Timur Bekmambetov as possible director for its Mitchell Kapner-scripted origin story The Great and Powerful Oz. That project had Adam Shankman and Sam Mendes mentioned as possible filmmakers, and it's just one of a slew of Oz pictures percolating. The Wanted director also is circling Disney's Jungle Cruise, the long-gestating action-adventure movie idea based on the Disney theme park ride. Timur pitched a take to film's Mandeville producers and writers are meeting on the project.

• Senior Minion

Re: The Great and Powerful Oz

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    Seems Timur Bekmambetov is looking like a possible director for Disney's Mitchell Kapner-scripted origin story The Great and Powerful Oz. Robert Downey Jr. was in talks to play Oz himself originally so this could be a cool project. I still think Sam Mendes would have been the best choice.

‘Alice’ Hits $1 Billion Mark As Disney And Other Studios Tap Public Domain Tales – Deadline.com
    Wicked has seem to have sparked a real Oz resurgance. Not necessarily a good thing...

And as much as I like him, RDJ seems to be linked to every rumour in Hollywood.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011