Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I'm not really here

Re: Disney Movie Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Are they not just refering to this new Tron as the first sequel in the franchise?
    No... I don't think so. Tron Legacy is the FIRST sequel to Tron. Next sequel implies that there is already one, this is the NEXT one. It's implying a sequel to Legacy that is already in the works. At least in the story phase/script phase.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    No... I don't think so. Tron Legacy is the FIRST sequel to Tron. Next sequel implies that there is already one, this is the NEXT one. It's implying a sequel to Legacy that is already in the works. At least in the story phase/script phase.
    That's what I said... or at least what I meant.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Are they not just refering to this new Tron as the first sequel in the franchise?
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    That's what I said... or at least what I meant.
    From what I can gather, it seems that Disney is considering TRON: Legacy as really being the first film of the franchise. Disney even went from the teaser title of TR2N to the less obvious subtitle. Disney wants/needs TRON: Legacy to reach beyond fans of TRON, and seeing as they have yet to make some sort of pre-release push of a new DVD, I would guess that one will not be totally lost without watching TRON before this December. That makes me think that TRON 3 would be the "first" sequel in the franchise (TRON: Legacy, TRON 3 and TRON 4).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123