Exclamation Chicken Little Flies High At Box Office

The article below-
    http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2...130993200.html

Chicken Little was No. 1 this weekend with a little over 40 Million in ticket sales, this spells out bad news for our firends in Emeryville. DIsney doesn't need Pixar anymore, maybe a buyout by Disney is in order (just as long as Disney can get Lassetar (sp))

•   
    • Minion

Re: Chicken Little Flies High At Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by nsxdrift_89
    The article below-
    http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2...130993200.html

Chicken Little was No. 1 this weekend with a little over 40 Million in ticket sales, this spells out bad news for our firends in Emeryville. DIsney doesn't need Pixar anymore, maybe a buyout by Disney is in order (just as long as Disney can get Lassetar (sp))
    Beat you to it...

Actually it doesn't... It means Pixar is more likely to get the distribution deal they want...
    Check out my other blog:

• Official Mice Chat person

This is great news, I was very surprised to see the 40 Million on www.boxofficemojo.com when just yesterday it was 10 Million. Sunday isn't even over yet, I bet it will be around 45-50 million by the end of today, which is awesome considering they projected 20-30 million, some even said 15 million would be more reasonable.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    This is great news, I was very surprised to see the 40 Million on www.boxofficemojo.com when just yesterday it was 10 Million. Sunday isn't even over yet, I bet it will be around 45-50 million by the end of today, which is awesome considering they projected 20-30 million, some even said 15 million would be more reasonable.
    They won't project another estimate untill actual is posted on Monday...

I don't think 15 million is reasonable today... It should be 12-13...

There was an extra ten percent on the bump on Saturday from Friday...

The reason Sunday is mesurably lower: People are less likely to go to morning screenings (Church) and less likely to do the night screenings (School Night).
    Check out my other blog:

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    The estimate already accounts for Sunday's gross. The way it averaged was Friday ($10m), Saturday ($17m) & Sunday ($12m). When the final results come in though, it will probably go up or down a million.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    The estimate already accounts for Sunday's gross. The way it averaged was Friday ($10m), Saturday ($17m) & Sunday ($12m). When the final results come in though, it will probably go up or down a million.

-Michael
    Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought 40 million was how much the movie has made just for friday & saturday.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I knew it would do good !!!!!! Bravo to Disney! This is EXCELLENT news for them. They are finally getting back on track !!!!

Angry Re: Chicken Little Flies High At Box Office

I am so glad this movie is finally released because I'm SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT! Two years of hype for something as lackluster as this is just pathetic! I have absolutely no interest in seeing this movie and I am an animation school graduate, historian, and big time Disney fan! They need to hurry up and release this crap on DVD so it can finally go away FOREVER!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickhyperion
    I am so glad this movie is finally released because I'm SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT! Two years of hype for something as lackluster as this is just pathetic! I have absolutely no interest in seeing this movie and I am an animation school graduate, historian, and big time Disney fan! They need to hurry up and release this crap on DVD so it can finally go away FOREVER!
    Believe me It will not go away. Since Disney probably already considers it to be a success, think about how many special edition anniversary DVD's will be released every 5 or 10 years.

• keep moving forward...

well its nice to see that disney is learning how to walk again

now for step two... building a better themepark and bringing back 2-d to go along with that nice new 3-d

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    well its nice to see that disney is learning how to walk again

now for step two... building a better themepark and bringing back 2-d to go along with that nice new 3-d
    2d is going to be gone in about 10 years or so. I remember being told that when silent films were very successful, all the movie goers believed films with sound would fail in the box office. Well look who was wrong. I do not see a silent film any more accept occasionally on TMC. So give or take about 10-20 years 2d animation will barely exist anymore. Companies have no reason to resort back to it much anymore these days. Besides, what is wrong with 3D animated films? Why are so many people opposed to companies advancing their technology? I mean isn't change good? Isn't it good to be up-todate with technology? 2d will be gone in a few years and not coming back. That is a fact.

• meganmegaphone

Well... I'll still miss it When it (2d) is gone, I mean.

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Wonderful news all around. A happy day in Burbank tomorrow!
    Remember, to Create is much harder than to critique.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    2d is going to be gone in about 10 years or so. I remember being told that when silent films were very successful, all the movie goers believed films with sound would fail in the box office. Well look who was wrong. I do not see a silent film any more accept occasionally on TMC. So give or take about 10-20 years 2d animation will barely exist anymore. Companies have no reason to resort back to it much anymore these days. Besides, what is wrong with 3D animated films? Why are so many people opposed to companies advancing their technology? I mean isn't change good? Isn't it good to be up-todate with technology? 2d will be gone in a few years and not coming back. That is a fact.
    Traditional (2D) animation will be around as long as people know how to draw. The entire animation process revolves around drawings, even CG. Even Pixar spends years honing the look of the characters and backgrounds, not to mention the story and the personalities of the characters, before they even begin creating the CG footage.

I see no relationship between the demise of silent pictures or black and white to that of traditional animation. Fantasia looks no less glorious standing right beside The Incredibles than it did when it came out 65 years ago. Will we stop watching old re-runs of The Flintstones or the Looney Tunes because we have Rolie Polie & Olie now? Not hardly.

Story and characters, that's all that matters. Medium is irrelevant. "Quality will out."