Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney Channel for Classic Disney Shows

Question: Would you pay to have a Disney Channel specifically with classic Disney material like Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, The Wonderful World of Color/Disney, Zorro, People & Places, True-Life Adventures, Spin & Marty, Texas John Slaughter, Elfego Baca, MMC and classic live-action as well as animated Disney movies? If yes, what would you pay to have this extra channel?

• Senior Minion

Re: Disney Channel for Classic Disney Shows

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy View Post
    Question: Would you pay to have a Disney Channel specifically with classic Disney material like Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, The Wonderful World of Color/Disney, Zorro, People & Places, True-Life Adventures, Spin & Marty, Texas John Slaughter, Elfego Baca, MMC and classic live-action as well as animated Disney movies? If yes, what would you pay to have this extra channel?
    Absolutely. Hell, I'd pay to have them just rerun the first 5 years of the Disney Channel exactly as originally cablecast -- back when it was a DISNEY Channel!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Disney doesn't care about the adult audience. They are retiring SOAPnet to build a new channel for infants and preschool children, ages 1-4. Mostly to compete with Nick Jr. and its stable of characters.

Sad.

Yes! Can we throw in old episodes of DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck as well?

• Out Of State AP Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
    Yes! Can we throw in old episodes of DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck as well?
    Yeah, just like good ol' Toon Disney... sadly that got replaced too...

But yeah it's kinda disappointing to see a network called "Disney Channel" and it hardly has anything (what I believe to be) Disney. Kinda like MTV and Music...

So yeah Disney should launch a channel with their classic stuff on it, like how MTV launched Palladia.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by oldhotelguy View Post

You are describing the old Vault Disney to a T!!!

And yes, we did pay for it back then.

Sadly, bubble-gum chewing teeny-bopper tv shows took over the true classic Disney Channel...

But to answer your question, yes, I would pay extra for a true to the bone Disney channel once again!

Bring it on!

• Queen Elsa

Yeah I hate how Disney Channel has become. I want my old Disney cartoons back like the old Donald Duck,Mickey Mouse,Chip and Dale cartoons plus the ones like Aladdin,Little Mermaid and the old 101 Dalminon series.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Well, I pay $15 for HBO and I'd probably really watch more programs on a classic Disney channel than I do on HBO. So, yes, I would subscribe and pay for it.

• wanderlust

Yes yes yes, absolutely! In a heartbeat! I remember when I was a kid I would stay up late or wake up reaaaally early to watch some old Silly Symphonies that would play. I would love a channel like the one described and I would definitely pay for it.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• Lackey

Yes! We don't pay for TV now (over the air only), but would pay the premium for classic Disney TV.

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Absolutely. Hell, I'd pay to have them just rerun the first 5 years of the Disney Channel exactly as originally cablecast -- back when it was a DISNEY Channel!

^^ THIS. For reals.

I think this will probably be made available digitally- as a cross between iTunes store and TiVo... but man, I do miss the days of Disney Afternoon and Vault Disney on the Disney Channel.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

No doubt about it...hell I'll give up HBO and my HD channels just to have that channel
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Banned User

I'd pay. I think maybe $5-$10 a month is fair, given that production costs would be ridiculously low. It should be free, like Turner Classic Movies is, but I'd pay for it if I had to.

The point is that Disney simply needs to PUT IT OUT THERE for us to enjoy. There's a demand for Disney's classic product, so Disney should supply it.

Either that, or let the copyrights go on it, and let the world have it. Then some enterprising company can release quality versions of the various titles.

• Minion

The first 10 years of the Disney Channel were a dream. Literally everything in the Walt Disney film and TV vaults would play throughout the day - - uncut. They didn't have obnoxious screaming 'tween ads and they hadn't yet tried to make the classic material ironic or push it into niche time slots. It was presented classically and respectfully (but with a sense of fun) for everyone in the family. The schedule changed from month to month with plenty of repeats at different times of the day during the month to catch all the films and shows you liked. They had themed months for characters and actors and seasons and showed all the appropriate films and shorts in marathons on every holiday. And they acquired complimentary Walt Disney-like films and shows from other studios to pad out the schedule. That premium channel (which was very successful as a pay channel) changed entirely when it went to a free "basic" channel and become mass audience demo/ratings driven (even though they don't sell ads).

For youngsters who missed the boat, check out these Disney Channel Magazine pics from when it was the best thing ever for Walt Disney admirers:

http://www.startedbyamouse.com/graph...k_magazine.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...iere_Issue.jpg

DC+Mag+003.jpg (image)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast