• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Get Him to the Greek

Saw this movie last night in a pretty packed theater and it seemed that about half the theater was laughing but they were laughing hard, including me. The other half, well, maybe they just weren't in the mood or thought the inconsistent narrative was confusing as whether this movie was a drama or a comedy. But that's what I appreciated about this movie and part of the reason why I loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall, it tries to be a real movie with real problems and real characters. Sure, they get into the most absurd situations that are plausible but unlikely but it still takes the time out and show that these characters are first and foremost CHARACTERS. Maybe the long dramatic scenes could've used a bit of chuckles to make it seem like it's not drawing out for too long and break the tension but I love this movie's courage in doing that in what just looked like a non stop romp. It's a big silly movie with heart, whether you love or hate the characters.

Diddy steals the show, there is no doubt about that. He is in a majority of the great moments in this movie. Russel Brand doesn't really make this movie all that funny but it's Jonah Hill's reactions and situations he is put in because of him that make it funny. There are many cult classic moments in this movie that'll stand out for years to come that I can see going down in history next to films like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (this film also has a big chunk of it taking place in Vegas). I found myself laughing extremely hard at many moments and I think many other people will too if they can handle the on and off tone the film takes but if you can sit through the long dramatic scenes (that ALWAYS set up for huge laughs) than you'll enjoy this movie.

Also, quite a few scenes in the trailer and TV spots don't show up in the film such as Aldous in the little car driving down the hallway and Aldous waking up Aaron for a jog at 5 in the morning.

• no flash photography...

Re: Get Him to the Greek

I saw it yesterday in a theater that was 3/4 empty. It was ok. It had some really funny parts and is filled with rauncy humor. I like Forgetting Sarah Marshall better, but it's a good, light movie if you just want a laugh.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Just came back from the theaters and I was looking forward to this. This movie was funny, and it had a lot of heart. It showed how troubled Aldous Snow is towards the end, and being someone with a board name called "Rocker" I have somewhat been in Aldous and Aaron's shoes. I've been lonely for years especially after finding out about my autism, despite the fact that I have made a few friends here and there but have had trouble keeping in contact with them.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I saw it back in April because our campus got a preview screening, so I don't remember much. What I do remember is that I laughed, and I laughed hard.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

... do you remember them rubbing the furry wall? lol

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    ... do you remember them rubbing the furry wall? lol
    Hahaha, of course!