Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Tangled trailer!

I understand not judging a book by its cover, but this isn't the cover of the book, this is a passage. And I don't like what I'm reading. As bad as the concept for the trailer is, the scenes don't look any better. I'm still seeing the stupid comedy bits and gimmicks that overplay all the emotion that they used to have in their films.

• Sock Puppet

Thumbs down Tangled trailer!

See new and upcoming movie trailers, videos, and clips from Yahoo! Movies

Here is it. Straight off of Yahoo.com. I personally lost faith in this movie when they changed the title and went for a comedic twist instead of a serious film, and this trailer confirms my fears. It looks awful! Everything about it is cheesy and cliche. Right down to blasting Pink in the background, instead of a classical theme. I won't be seeing this, but you judge for yourself.

• Pongo is my hero.

Exclamation YAHOO gives us the 2-minute trailer for Tangled

Tangled Will Not Be the Savior of Animation

I thought Disney was going to aire it first, but I guess Yahoo didn't play by the rules hehe

I'm thinking this is very Dreamworks like- and not HTTYD or Shrek 1 Dreamworks, more like Shrek 3 or Shark Tale.

First off, what's with the Pink (?) music in the background? This isn't a romantic comedy. Second, this trailer does not even come close to suggest it's a musical that's supposed to be reminiscent of the 90's hits. Third, seriously? A charmeleon? Seriously? What?! : o

Needless to say, I'm disappointed in where WDAS is going especially after the triumph, imo, that was Princess and the Frog.

one hundred and one

• Pongo is my hero.

lol Dang, you beat me!

Glad we share the basic thought though: it looks bad. :P

I was reading Gawker comments and it was pretty clear that people favor hand-drawn way more. I even saw someone posting a Lion King trailer to point out the quality hehe

one hundred and one

• Banned User

A damn shame. I still have confidence in the movie, but marketing screwed this one up royally.

• Sock Puppet

Princess and the Frog wasn't their best work, but it was a HUGE step in the right direction. This on the other hand is just all out crap! What happened to depth and meaning in these movies?

• Banned User

I'd never go by what the trailers look like.

Marketing screwed over Bolt, Meet The Robinsons, and Ratatouille (sans the original trailer) by making them all look like pandering slapstick movies, and it seems they are going to try and do it with this.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post

Marketing screwed over Bolt, Meet The Robinsons, and Ratatouille (sans the original trailer) by making them all look like pandering slapstick movies, and it seems they are going to try and do it with this.
    Very well said.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah, this movie looks way worst than Princess and the Frog, but i bet it makes morem money.....yay

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post

Bingo. I almost didn't even see MTR and now I own a copy. So don't judge a book...

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Shablagoo!

Yeah the trailer stinks. I see hope for the movie though.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I like how the title card at the end reads Disney Tangled.

So, it really seems like this is the way they are doing their "branding" now. Similar to Disney's California Adventure becoming Disney California Adventure. Hmm.

• Queen Elsa

I don't care for this one Princess and the Frog is way better done then this one. I had never like the fairy tail to this anyways and now for sure I will not see this or even meeting them at Disneyland. This movie is going to boom at the theathers. [ms]

I've seen this movie. Seriously.

There was a test screening (actually two of them) at a theater in Ontario, CA a couple weeks ago, and through the auspices of a very good friend who received the invite, I got to go. It was a rough cut - there wasn't much finished full-color animation - but I got the gist of it. I'll give you the condensed version:

It's REALLY good.

That trailer sucks. It deliberately gives you an incorrect impression. Some of the more irritating footage isn't even in the movie (or at least it wasn't as of when they showed it to us).

This is a DISNEY movie, not a Dreamworks movie.

It has romance, action, and a lot of humor. It is not snarky or satirical or modernized. They play it straight.

The music is by Alan Menken and is wonderful. There is no Pink music in the movie, nor is there anything remotely similar (unless it's during the credits, which they didn't show us).

The primary focus is not on Flynn, it's on Rapunzel, and she's adorable. A little too Ariel-like in my opinion, but still adorable.

And some of the set pieces are going to be FANTASTIC. Even the rough animation was gorgeous.

So just take a deep breath, calm down, forget you ever saw this trailer, and pray that somebody takes that frying pan and bops some sense into the Disney marketing department.

I've been discussing the screening in more depth on the boards of a "competing website." In deference to our hosts, I will let you find it for yourself.

• Pongo is my hero.

Well, that's good to know mawnk. I'll probably still see it knowing Alan is doing the songs (I completely forgot!)

one hundred and one

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast