• Not a Minion

Walt Disney Company video I Want to Share

As a video editor, I was going through the videos I've worked on in the past and ran across this video I did on the Walt Disney Company for a gala dinner and awards ceremony in which they were honored in last year. It honest is one of my most favorite works I've been a part of and was surprised I didn't share it with my favorite Disney community.

So enough talk, here it is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpFPW-w4zQ8]YouTube - 2009 Star of the Valley - The Walt Disney Company[/ame]

Now to be fair and honest, I take only the editing credits, using footage the company provided us (me and the production company I work for) to produce this short piece. The first half is a mix of the various video sources they gave us, one being a Walt Disney Archives reel and the other half is a re-edit of their 2009 shareholder sizzle reel. Now, don't get me mistaken. Even though I was editing from already edited sources, re-editing something to make it different and fit the specifications for the specific event can be quite difficult.

Anyways, the last credit I should give out is that the voice over was done by Bob Eubanks and the music itself is from Disney.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy. If you have any questions about the production, just let me know.

(on a fact check side note: When I took the D23 studio tour, I was told that the studio was not in fact built with a back up plan to be sold off as a hospital in case the studio failed and was just a rumor that spread like wildfire amongst the community, so just ignore that one little error. Thanks)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Walt Disney Company video I Want to Share

Liked the first park...the second part shows me a lot of reasons to not love Disney....the company no longer cares that it all started with a mouse seeing how old Micky cartoons are off the air and they make no new (real) cartoons.

• World Traveler

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Liked the first park...the second part shows me a lot of reasons to not love Disney....the company no longer cares that it all started with a mouse seeing how old Micky cartoons are off the air and they make no new (real) cartoons.
    True. It doesn't show the classics in the second half, however it is from the shareholder sizzle reel and is pretty much designed to showcase how large the company is today.