Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Phineas & Ferb' DC's next huge thing

Two seasons later, "Phineas and Ferb" has emerged as Disney Channel's first breakthrough original animated series, attracting more children and young teens than even rival Nickelodeon's 11-year juggernaut, "SpongeBob SquarePants," according to Nielsen Media Research.

In a sign of its growing significance, "Phineas and Ferb" is getting the full Disney treatment as the company revs up its well-oiled franchise machine. Soon it will uncork a full merchandise line, with 200 Phineas and Ferb-related items including boxer shorts, skateboards and boxes of macaroni and cheese, headed to stores. A Disney Channel movie, "Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension," debuts next summer.

"I do believe that within the next 18 months, this will be one of the biggest properties that we've ever had," Marsh said.

That's hardly a modest goal from Disney Channel, which was the seedbed for billion-dollar entertainment properties such as "Hannah Montana" and "High School Musical." And the series ó which follows the absurd lengths to which stepbrothers Phineas and Ferb will go to conquer boredom during their summer vacation ó is earning the ultimate Hollywood validation: voice cameos by guest stars.

"Everybody and their mother wants to do this show," said Bonnie Liedtke, an agent with William Morris Endeavor. "We have requests from our clients to do the show because they watch it with their kids."

Among the stars who have recently lent their voices are Tina Fey, Ben Stiller, Seth MacFarlane, director Kevin Smith, and musicians Clay Aiken and Chaka Khan.
    full article at:
    'Phineas and Ferb' to be Disney's next big marketing vehicle - latimes.com

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: 'Phineas & Ferb' DC's next huge thing

Nothing says 'success' like your own cheesy macaroni :-)

• Refugee from a island

If I have to listen to "MOM, Phineas & Ferb, ARE MAKING A PROMO!" one more time, I think I'm going to go non-linear!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Before the series premiered, The Disney Store had some merchandise for the show. And when I stopped at Target yesterday, they two different kinds of P&F action figures.

My frustration with many of the series on The Disney Channel is oftentimes they think 60 episodes is sufficient. But when they have a hit they really need to go well beyond that, once they do have a hit.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Before the series premiered, The Disney Store had some merchandise for the show. And when I stopped at Target yesterday, they two different kinds of P&F action figures.

My frustration with many of the series on The Disney Channel is oftentimes they think 60 episodes is sufficient. But when they have a hit they really need to go well beyond that, once they do have a hit.
    Even Disney Afternoon shows used to get limited to just 65 episodes though Ducktales saw an extension beyond episode 65.

• Shablagoo!

Phineas and Ferb is one of the best animated series on TV right now. I cant wait for more merchandise, especially pins.

• Animation Domination

I miss Kim Possible.
    "You are watching FOX"

• For You!

My boys (9 and 11) love the show. I like it, because it's a good clean cartoon. As for making it a merchandise cow - I don't think the characters are ones that I would like to look at on a poster or t-shirt everyday.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I had no idea it was that big, not to mention bigger than frickin SPONGE BOB, arguably one of the most popular cartoons ever (seriously, it's in 1/4 of mainstream live action movies).

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Finally, a good show gets some credit... All the best shows always go off the air! I am so excited for this!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.11.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I love this show. With 3 kids, Disney Channel, Nick Jr. and PBS is almost always on. This show is one of the few that I will actually stop what I'm doing and actually watch.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

A little too late, Disney. DIP Jr, who is almost 12, is getting a little bored with it. He used to love it. In fact he has a T-shirt. But now he says that the stories are all the same and he's not as into it as he once was.

Perhaps if hey mix it up a bit with some episodes focusing more on Perry it may help, but for now he's losing interest.

DC can churn out some winners, but I really hate that episode cap they have "imposed".

I was thinking to my self when they did the first movie/extended episode of P&F I was worried that the show was gone, since that seems to be a big trend with Disney series the past few years (ie. Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, etc. etc.).

I hope that P&F can last as long as Sponge Bob has, especially since Sponge Bob is senseless (and IMHO just down right stupid) whereas P&F seems to be really thought out. Not to mention Perry kicks rear!

I also miss Kim Possible, but I'm glad that Epcot has that interactive KP thing there, I had alot of fun going on missions with my kids. I just hope it sparks renewed interest in the show.....

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

It is my 5 year old's favorite show, and has been for over a year. It also is a big hit among myself and some of my friends.

The show has a real appeal to a large demographic, and I can watch it with my son unlike Sponge-Bob. My son loves Sponge-Bob too, but prefers Phineas & Ferb.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

• Animation Domination

SpongeBob has been going down in the last past years.
    "You are watching FOX"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast