• Circle of Ancients

Gregg's Chicken Little Review

As most everybody knows I was a BIG critic of Chicken Little coming out. Saying I wanted it to bomb, not thinking it was going to be good and really hoping it wasn't going to be.

Well, I decided today to put my money (kinda, I had a free ticket) where my mouth was and go see the movie.

Maybe it was because I had such low expectations of the movie ... but:

I LOVED IT!!!!

Certainly not the best movie ever, but certainly the best animated movie to come out of "Disney" since Emporers New Groove.

It was also most definately a cut above Madagascar and Shark Tale which I didn't like. As far as the modern "Dreamworks Style" CGI movies I would place it behind Shrek and Shrek 2. Chicken Little is definately a solid third.

Granted this is not including any of the Pixar movies which are still leaps and bounds above any of those IMO.

The pop-culture references didn't bug me as much as they have bugged others ... I loved all of them. I was glad they weren't all recent references.

Spoiler
    Staying alive had to be the best.

Chicken Little is a solid 3 out of 4 stars in my book and probably easily in my top 10 movies so far for this year.

So ... for all of you people who defended the movie ... you can tell me "I told you so".

If you haven't seen it, see it. Support this movie because it certainly is a step in the right direction for Disney.

Having said that I still hope that Disney and Pixar can fix things.

Now to take the kids to see it in 3D this weekend.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 11-08-2005 at 11:37 PM.

• Official Mice Chat person

Re: Gregg's Chicken Little Review

Thanks for that awesome review! I'm glad you liked it. I agree totally that it is a good step in the right direction for Disney.

I'm seeing it again, this weekend, with my brother and friend who both want to see it.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    As most everybody knows I was a BIG critic of Chicken Little coming out. Saying I wanted it to bomb, not thinking it was going to be good and really hoping it wasn't going to be.

Well, I decided today to put my money (kinda, I had a free ticket) where my mouth was and go see the movie.

Maybe it was because I had such low expectations of the movie ... but:

I LOVED IT!!!!

Certainly not the best movie ever, but certainly the best animated movie to come out of "Disney" since Emporers New Groove.

It was also most definately a cut above Madagascar and Shark Tale which I didn't like. As far as the modern "Dreamworks Style" CGI movies I would place it behind Shrek and Shrek 2. Chicken Little is definately a solid third.

Granted this is not including any of the Pixar movies which are still leaps and bounds above any of those IMO.

The pop-culture references didn't bug me as much as they have bugged others ... I loved all of them. I was glad they weren't all recent references.

Spoiler
    Staying alive had to be the best.

Chicken Little is a solid 3 out of 4 stars in my book and probably easily in my top 10 movies so far for this year.

So ... for all of you people who defended the movie ... you can tell me "I told you so".

If you haven't seen it, see it. Support this movie because it certainly is a step in the right direction for Disney.

Having said that I still hope that Disney and Pixar can fix things.

Now to take the kids to see it in 3D this weekend.
    Well said; we saw it Sunday and were VERY impressed with it. Sure, a couple references could be left out, songs changed, etc., but it had those intangibles that left me feeling excited about Disney's future.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Rock Star Minion

As far as the modern "Dreamworks Style" CGI movies I would place it behind Shrek and Shrek 2. Chicken Little is definitely a solid third.

Support this movie because it certainly is a step in the right direction for Disney.
    Hmm, below Dreamworks and Pixar is a step in the right direction? DIS already works with Pixar (until "Cars" is released).
    I guess it's ok if all DIS wants to do is keep up with the competition.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Circle of Ancients

^ Well considering that Home on the Range, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet and Atlantis were BELOW all of the Dreamworks movies then yes ... step in the right direction.

• Official Mice Chat person

^ Well considering that Home on the Range, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet and Atlantis were BELOW all of the Dreamworks movies then yes ... step in the right direction.
    Exactly... Disney can't become #1 again over night. Bashing everything they do to try and get back to #1 isn't helping anything.

• Senior Minion

Gregg, Im glad you went to see it. I loved it also.I saw it in Long Beach at the Regal in 3-D AND was blown away with how much technology this had. The story was not that bad. I really hope so too, that this is a step in the right direction. Disney needs this and the last two weekends have shown it is better then the what critics say.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Exactly... Disney can't become #1 again over night. Bashing everything they do to try and get back to #1 isn't helping anything.
    I think it does. Settling for this as the best DIS can do sends the message that DIS is OK right where it is. And that to try any harder won't result in any additional revenues. the marginal benefit of additional effort isn't worth the effort if all is fine.

"DIS: The Number 3 Animation Company in the World!!"

Is that acceptable? To me it's not.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Disney needs this and the last two weekends have shown it is better then the what critics say.
    There are plenty of crappy movies that make a lot of money. Doesn't make the movies any better.
    DIS is good at timing a release. I'll give them that.