• Is a crazeh cat

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer

Hi Guys!!!

Ive been looking around this section of the forums and I couldnt see any discussion on the Harry Potter trailer that was released last week.

My thoughts? IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! From what I can see in the trailer these two movies are going to be the most faithful to the books out of all the movies. But there is one thing that bugs me. (SPOILER!!) It looks like in one clip that the final battle between Harry and Voldermort takes place and not inside the great hall so that looks annoying but hopefully its just the beginning of the battle and eventually they make their way into the hall.

So what are all your thoughts on the trailer?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EC2tmFVNNE"]YouTube- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer Official HD[/ame]
    Last edited by SBS; 07-06-2010 at 06:16 PM.

• Infinitized!

Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer

Looks awesome! I just started re-watching the Harry Potter movies. I'm watching Azkaban next and looking forward to it as it's the only one I haven't seen yet. And I have to admit, I'm more interested in reading the books now.

• Future Disney Imagineer

This movie looks fantastic, and I cannot wait to watch this in 3-D!!! This movie double-feature is expected to have the most content from the book, than any of the other HP movies, which will be great because the last book is amazing!!!

• Is a crazeh cat

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Looks awesome! I just started re-watching the Harry Potter movies. I'm watching Azkaban next and looking forward to it as it's the only one I haven't seen yet. And I have to admit, I'm more interested in reading the books now.
    Azkaban is definatly one of the best movies in the series so I hope you enjoy it! And yes read the books!! They are sooooooo good.

I'm happy that this film will have more of the book within it. I really didnt like Half Blood Prince because they missed soooooooooo much stuff out! I was really outraged. But hey at least they are going in the right direction with the final installment.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SBS View Post
    Azkaban is definatly one of the best movies in the series so I hope you enjoy it! And yes read the books!! They are sooooooo good.

I'm happy that this film will have more of the book within it. I really didnt like Half Blood Prince because they missed soooooooooo much stuff out! I was really outraged. But hey at least they are going in the right direction with the final installment.
    My wife reread HBP right before the movie came out. I tried to tell her not to. She was disappointed.
    Azkaban is the book that was just too long to make it a movie. Movies and books start to really diverge in paths starting there.
    The books have at least three times the amount of story as the movies do.

Now, HBP went too far with its incident at the Burrow (IMO), but I appreciated the cinematic touches with the waitress (reminded him of what his purpose is, regardless of his hormones) and the postcard of the horcrux hiding place on the wall of Tom Riddle's orphanage room. I prefer these touches as cinematic license. The Burrow incident (trying to not spoil anything, sorry), simply overstates the good/evil fight that is yet to come. We get it: The evil people are evil. We get it: the good people are good. There wasn't more action in the book that could have been used instead of this added action? Really?

Anywho, I still watch the movies, knowing that it's impossible to include everything, yet there are obvious things missing from prior movies that seem to be NEEDED for the 7th/8th movies. I wanted to see the diadem in the Room of Requirement, mostly. Might be nice to know how Draco knew about the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement, which was a small part of Book 5. Or, how the Room of Requirement repaired itself after having a wall blown away in Movie 5. Or, how the Pensieve in Movie 6 is now floating on its own instead of being a basin on a pedestal as it was in Movie 4 and described in the books.
    (Hmm, I'm getting angry. Need to calm down....)
    Last edited by sediment; 07-08-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."