• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

4 minutes with KING KONG

NBC to Broadcast New King Kong Footage
    Source: NBC
    November 9, 2005

An unedited sequence of never-before-seen footage from King Kong, directed by triple Academy Award winner Peter Jackson, will debut during NBC's broadcast of Shrek on Sunday, Nov. 27 (7-9 p.m. ET). This broadcast event will treat viewers to an exclusive look at Universal Pictures' upcoming dramatic adventure more than two weeks before King Kong is released in theaters on December 14.

The exclusive content from King Kong, expected to run nearly four minutes, will immerse viewers into the epic adventure created by Peter Jackson. Jackson fulfills a lifelong dream with King Kong, whose original 1933 version inspired him to become a filmmaker when he was nine years old and was first captivated by the fantastical story of the gigantic ape captured in the wild and brought to civilization where he meets his tragic fate. Details of the scene to be shown during Shrek will remain undisclosed until viewers tune in during NBC's broadcast of Shrek between 7-9 p.m. ET.

King Kong stars Naomi Watts, Jack Black, Adrien Brody, Thomas Kretschmann, Colin Hanks, Jamie Bell and Andy Serkis as Kong. The screenplay was written by Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens and Jackson.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: 4 minutes with KING KONG

While you're waiting...here's a Russian one-sheet

and Entertainment Weekly's new article
    http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1128298_1_0_,00.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Gay Man

Industry friends who have seen this film already say it is GREAT!

It is all but officially disclosed that a 3D version of King Kong will be available within a few months, in 2006. Along with the positive response from "Chicken Little" on 84 3D screens, and the huge, (14 times the business, per screen) of
    "Polar Express", and the fact that 7 more 3D films are in the que for 2006
    release, I would say 3D is going to be a STAPLE from 2006 on. In my
    opinion, a full 10% of the truly big films will come out in 3D, and more than 50%, perhaps 90% of animation films will have a 3D version, as a choice.
    "Polar Express" is returning to many IMAX 3D theaters on Nov. 23rd 2005. How
    often do films return again for another Christmas season???

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Capturing Kong

Hobbits made Peter Jackson a titan. How's the view from the top? Judging from an exclusive screening of his new movie, 'King Kong,' it's thrilling.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10216525/site/newsweek/

• Gepetto 2

Interesting choice for footage in the NBC peek.

To appeal to a larger female audience no doubt...it's got us 'boys' anyway just because it's a big Go-Rilla that breaks stuff...but Jackson will be increasing the 'relationship angle' from the original '33' version. More of a Beauty And The Beast story...should be very well done on all levels...and Disney fans should relate to the story arch.

What was initially odd was her chasing after the Great Ape...odd only by being out of context. He had just saved her from countless terrors and laid his life on the line again and again to protect her...and by this scene, she had almost given up hope of rescue from humans at least for a while longer...Kong left the realm of Monster and became Safe Harbour for her.

Kong looks amazing...Ape performer Andy Circus (sp?) had spent a few weeks in Rawanda with the Gorillas in the wild and I think he nails it...with spectacular aid from the CGI artists in NZ.

One thing that I really like is the attention to detail in Kong's appearance...he's about 50 years old...heavily battle scarred and 'world weary' (his world).

One thing missing from the film will be a certain reality of these animals...they smell horrible! Outrageous BO from hell...hard to get used to but don't expect that reaction from the onscreen actors...and anyway CGI has no odor. :-)

Personally, I'm finding it hard to wait till the 14th. I even sat through a commercial packed version of a movie I've seen a few times too many.

Doug
    http://SpookyBook.com
    'Scary Dark Rides' Now in Hard & Soft Cover!
    The ONLY Dark Ride Book.

• done

"King Kong" - movie footage shown Sunday night

Did anyone see the couple minutes of footage from the movie "King Kong" that was shown on channel 4 Sunday night? I watched my tape of "L&O:CI" last night, and right before the show started, there was footage from the movie. I don't know how much was actually shown, but my tape only caught a few minutes of it. It's with Naomi Watts and Kong in what looks like Kong's "home" atop a mountain.

I've liked the billboard ads that I've seen, one with Kong and a woman and one with the woman in between Kong and a dinosaur, but after what I saw last night, I'm beginning to wonder. The footage was really disappointing to me. It looked really fake. The water pouring down the mountain looked like salt falling out of a hole. The shots of Naomi Watts looked like she was standing in front of a blue screen (almost as bad as the awful swamp shots in "Invasion" where the sky and backdrop are obviously painted. There's a bit where she and Kong are supposed to be touching, and it's really obvious that they are seriously not in the same frame. My husband has already told me that we're going to see this film, but after seeing what I saw, I'm not sure what to expect. We have a decent size and quality TV, so I know it wasn't that. I sure hope it looks better on the big screen.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

No desire to see that.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain