Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

First film in history to make not only $2 billion on it's first run but it made $2.7 billion in worldwide box office in less then 6 months. Its the top-selling home-video title of ALL TIME! So, get ready for a re-release, only on IMAX, with new footage too!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yshZxWKXdQw]YouTube - Avatar Re-release Trailer - August 18th 2010[/ame]
    Have to wait till this November for it to be available for 3D for home-video, when it arrives as a Special Edition, with tons of extras.

PS
    Want to know what are the real & fake 3D films? Alice in Wonderland was a fake 3D (3d conversion in post-production is fake 3D) film. ->http://realorfake3d.com/
    Last edited by JMora; 07-19-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typo

• 12 Year Annual Passholder

Re: Avatar - Re-Release

*gag* Oh man, not again.

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 5.26.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 21

• Animation Domination

I know what I'm going to watch again at the big screen. LOL
    "You are watching FOX"

• Circle of Ancients

I'll pass. Watching it at home REALLY revealed how bad the story actually was.

• Not a Crook

After hearing that the story was pretty much Dances With Wolves/Pocahontas/etc. with ultra cool visuals, and not really caring about sci-fi visuals, I pass when it was in theatres.

Then I saw it playing a store, and saw a scene with a giant, blue tribal alien wearing a jersey, flashed back to the scene in Airplane where they teach the natives basketball, and cracked up laughing.

Yeah, a re-release with even more footage is not going to convince me to see it. I'm one of the few people that runs away when James Cameron is involved, it seems.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

• keh!

no thanks. i've seen it 3 times, and that is more than enough. twice in theaters and once on blu ray. i love the visuals and the world cameron created, but i'm not a fan of it.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'll pass. Watching it at home REALLY revealed how bad the story actually was.
    Agreed. Saw it once... have no interest in seeing it again. It was a bunch of pretty wrapping paper on an empty box. No substance, no story, a bunch of nothing. But it was sure pretty nothing. To bad visual effects do not a good movie make.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

New trailer with NEW FOOTAGE:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLylzuf1MWA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- AVATAR - SPECIAL EDITION - IN THEATERS AUGUST 27[/ame]
    ONLY on IMAX 3D

• 12 Year Annual Passholder

It kinda makes me sick how much acclaim this movie has recieved.

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 5.26.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 21

• Banned User

Odd but even though the theatrical re-release opens this weekend as a special edition, with 9 minutes of never before seen footage. The new DVD of the Avatar: Special Edition will have over 16 minutes of never before seen footage added to the film when it drops this November has a mega 2-disc special edition DVD, with ton of extras.

Unfortunately, the 3D version won't come out till next year but the Special Edition DVD that drops this November is the first to have special features, behind the scenes, and extras.

• 秘密のヘルツ

This junk gets re-released, and meanwhile, even with David Fincher's name on it, "The Goon" doesn't have a studio yet.

Ugh.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

I might finally see it if it's on the big screen. I skipped it the first time.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    Odd but even though the theatrical re-release opens this weekend as a special edition, with 9 minutes of never before seen footage. The new DVD of the Avatar: Special Edition will have over 16 minutes of never before seen footage added to the film when it drops this November has a mega 2-disc special edition DVD, with ton of extras.

Unfortunately, the 3D version won't come out till next year but the Special Edition DVD that drops this November is the first to have special features, behind the scenes, and extras.
    Sounds like James Cameron is learning from George Lucas.

•   
    • Seasick

While the story was a bit thin for the movie's running time, I thought it was pretty good overall.

Compare it to other summer blockbuster's, like Transformers 2, which was two-and-a-half hours of mediocrity, and it's easy to appreciate Avatar for what it is: a fun summer movie that doesn't bore you to tears. Sometimes, that's good enough.

Deserving of a best picture nomination? Not so much. Worth the $15 or so to see it in 3D on the big screen? Definately.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Quote Originally Posted by jupitertronic View Post
    This junk gets re-released, and meanwhile, even with David Fincher's name on it, "The Goon" doesn't have a studio yet.

Ugh.
    Please let this be asap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast