Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Infinitized!

Re: Guillermo del Toro to direct new "Haunted Mansion" movie!

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    I think you're right, and the label you're thinking of is "Disney Double Dare You" (and I wish I was kidding).
    Bingo! That's the one. And del Toro was behind it's founding wasn't he?

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Correct.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Now 40% less bitter!

I'm thrilled! Also, I want to be a part of it. I will be researching to see who is casting extras for it.
    Oo-de-lally!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    That deal mentioned animated films specifically, this new film could be part of a separate production deal.

9/11/09
    http://micechat.com/forums/news/123392-guillermo-del-toro-plays-double-dare-you-disney.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

NEW The Haunted Mansion film!!!

One of the biggest news coming out from Comic-Con San Diego today was from the Disney panel. Near the end of the Tron panel today at Comic Con, a surprise guest made an appearance, director Guillermo del Toro took the stage to announce his next film... The Haunted Mansion

Yes, you read right, a new re-vision of the Haunted Mansion movie. The film revolves around the ride’s famous 'Hat Box Ghost.' The panel made it clear, it won’t be a continuation of or sequel to the Eddie Murphy movie of the same name. As del Toro said when talking about plans for his new live-action 3D film, “we are not returning Eddie Murphy’s calls.”

Guillermo del Toro said he was very attracted to the project when Disney approached him about making a new Haunted Mansion, and it can be used as a framework to tell many kinds of stories, but he was relatively explicit about what kind of film he’d be making. “We are not making a comedy,” he said. “We are making it into an e-ticket ride. It will be scary and fun, but the scary parts WILL be scary.” Coming from a filmmaker who's been involved with such films as The Orphanage, Pan's Labyrinth, Splice & Hellboy, this Haunted Mansion film is going to be awesome!

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Guillermo del Toro said, “(Walt) Disney is one of the creators of some of the scariest images in my childhood. People forget that he not only made sweet images but also images of nightmare. We need to honor that side of the legacy,” and he's a huge fan of the ride. "When I’m depressed or when I have a problem, I ride the Haunted Mansion ride to clear my head” Guillermo del Toro said. He's writing the script, producing, and isn't sure if he'll direct it yet.

...and it will be filmed in 3D!

Source: Guillermo Del Toro Enters "Haunted Mansion" - ABC News
    Last edited by JMora; 07-22-2010 at 09:19 PM.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: NEW The Haunted Mansion film!!!

I'm intrigued. This may sound obvious, but I would imagine that since del Torro is involved, it will defiantly have dark tone.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Proud Disney Daddy

Nothing can be worse than the 2003 film. I'm very excited about this news!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyalso View Post
    Nothing can be worse than the 2003 film. I'm very excited about this news!
    Me as well, in fact, I was very surprised by this news, and the fact it's going to be scary too. Coming from a filmmaker who made Pan's Labyrinth, this new Haunted Mansion is going to be very promising indeed.

The reaction to the teaser was interesting. When the title was revealed, there was a collective groan. But when Mr. del Toro was announced, the place went bonkers! It was especially heartening when he mentioned the names Marc Davis, Claude Coats and Rolly Crump and there was applause! Count me as excited!
    My Disney Adventure's vlogs!
    www.youtube.com/G74Vlogs

Episode 8: Bella Notte - Paradise Pier at night
    Episode 7: 45 years of hope and laughter
    Episode 6: Service and Sacrifice
    Episode 5: "Destination D Montage"
    Episode 4: "It's a Sklar World"

"I don't know matter, you don't matter
    Neither does this mindless chatter."
    -Pete Townshend

• The Study of Wumbo

I've heard that an image of the Hatbox Ghost was shown. Has anyone seen it?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Infinitized!

Do they got a release date for this one? The last Hauted Mansion movie came out in November which I think was a dumb move. The Saw series is supposed to be wrapping up with this year's Saw 3D so that will leave a hole for a good scary movie in October for Halloween. Perfect time to release Haunted Mansion.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

I think this is very good and I think the direction Guillermo Del Toro is taking it in is going to be perfect. He's basically doing what they did to Pirates and that was just take bits and pieces of the ride and make an original story because when I saw the Eddie Murphy film, they basically just copied the ride with lame jokes put on.

Guillermo is the right man for the job since he's created dark films, and he gets my approval.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Banned User

Here’s the official press release:

THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO DEVELOPING DISNEY’S HAUNTED MANSION
    Del Toro Set to Write and Produce Film for Disney
    SAN DIEGO, Calif. – July 22, 2010 –Guillermo del Toro surprised the 6,500 fans gathered today at Comic-Con with the announcement that he is currently developing a new film for The Walt Disney Studios based on the classic Disney theme park attraction, The Haunted Mansion.

“Dark imagery is an integral part of the Walt Disney legacy. After all, Disney himself was the father of some really chilling moments and characters - think Chernabog from Fantasia or Maleficent as the Dragon or the Evil Queen in Snow White,” said del Toro. “I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of my own adaptation of the original theme park attraction Walt envisioned and that remains- for me- the most desirable piece of real estate in the whole world!”

“Millions of people from around the world visit The Haunted Mansion each year, but no one has ever had a tour guide like Guillermo del Toro,” said Rich Ross, Chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. “Guillermo is one of the most gifted and innovative filmmakers working today and he is going to take audiences on a visually-thrilling journey like they’ve never experienced before.”

Since August 1969, foolish mortals have dared to trespass on the macabre grounds of Disney’s Haunted Mansion. A hallowed landmark in Disneyland’s New Orleans square, it’s the dwelling place of 999 happy haunts dying to meet new visitors each day. The plantation-style of the mansion’s facade is a sweet deception for visitors. Inside, ghostly doom buggies line the hallways. Since its construction, the mysteries of the mansion have transcended the attraction with stories surfacing about horrifying encounters with the supernatural. Versions of the daunting edifice have been built at other Disney theme parks in Orlando, Tokyo and Paris.
    ------------------------
    Here's the official movie logo...
    Last edited by JMora; 07-23-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typo

• Minion

Could Admin please merge the two threads on this? Thanks.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

"... the studio unveiled this poster - a taste of the concept art that is being scared up during development.

Only 999 of these limited edition prints were printed and handed out to 999 lucky fans!

The artist responsible for this Comic-Con one-sheet is Brandon Ragnar Johnson, an artist who is a personal fave of mine who not only created some stellar posters for a local comic book haunt called House of Secrets in Burbank but has done work for J.J. Abrams, Warner Bros., Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and, of course, Disney, where he developed Jill the Pill. More of Ragnar's work can be found at LittleCartoons.com.

EXCL: A Look at The Haunted Mansion Comic-Con Poster! - ShockTillYouDrop.com
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast